Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 938. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
You have a very valid point in that it comes down to what existing "float" is traded from the outstanding coins, however, lets take it to an extreme. If all the existing holders of the coins wanted to sell at $1 (unrealistic I know), there would need to be $75 million in investment to absorb it. No one knows when and where people will take profits at, but I'd rather see a slow and gradual rise that allows weak sellers the chance to get out with profits and longs to pick up the available supply than a double after double with no support so when all the sellers want to rush to the exit, there is actually buyers waiting to absorb it all.

...and before anyone thinks of questioning my agenda here, I hold xxx,xxx number of coins.

Why is it when someone starts debating the future value of BlackCoin and they seem as if they have an agenda, they always find a way to slip in how much BC they own? Smiley

lol, I just wanted to let people know that I have skin in the game and am not out to bash the coin for the sake of bashing. I'm not out to wage war on you or BC. I like this coin and don't have any beef with you. I just don't want this to turn into a P&D when the coin could rise steadily and support itself on its own.

I wish people would stop writing P&D. At this point It is difficult to P&D this coin.

FYI: I quickly counted the present sell orders all the way up to 66000 sat, it is approximately $83,380. We will be trading at 0.24 cents by the morning Smiley....
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
be vewry vwry careful
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just thought i should make this before sleep, blackcoin has me up all night ;(

who wants this?
has a nice alarm clock to wake you up if the price goes up/below on what you set

http://oi60.tinypic.com/ranfo4.jpg

It looks great to me, where can i get this?

I hope you're not going to send buy now link :p

just kidding
I want one as well. How to? You send file or?
I want it too.

Just a warning people, but are you seriously gonna take an .exe from someone on the forums and run it on your machine? Not saying there's bad intent by TheProgrammer here but I don't want more people posting "someone stole my coins"

It looks amazing! You (or someone else) should keep it up and release it as a full programm with different features and different Market support and stuff. Maybe also with a totalvirus scan^^ It is a great idea and seems like an awsome opportunity if you aks me.
(PS I would love to be an alpha tester Grin )
Activity: 210

who wants this?
has a nice alarm clock to wake you up if the price goes up/below on what you set

just kidding
I want it too.

Just a warning people, but are you seriously gonna take an .exe from someone on the forums and run it on your machine? Not saying there's bad intent by TheProgrammer here but I don't want more people posting "someone stole my coins"
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
You have a very valid point in that it comes down to what existing "float" is traded from the outstanding coins, however, lets take it to an extreme. If all the existing holders of the coins wanted to sell at $1 (unrealistic I know), there would need to be $75 million in investment to absorb it. No one knows when and where people will take profits at, but I'd rather see a slow and gradual rise that allows weak sellers the chance to get out with profits and longs to pick up the available supply than a double after double with no support so when all the sellers want to rush to the exit, there is actually buyers waiting to absorb it all.

...and before anyone thinks of questioning my agenda here, I hold xxx,xxx number of coins.

Why is it when someone starts debating the future value of BlackCoin and they seem as if they have an agenda, they always find a way to slip in how much BC they own? Smiley

lol, I just wanted to let people know that I have skin in the game and am not out to bash the coin for the sake of bashing. I'm not out to wage war on you or BC. I like this coin and don't have any beef with you. I just don't want this to turn into a P&D when the coin could rise steadily and support itself on its own.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

who wants this?

just kidding
I want it too.
No, and no one does because the 24 hour volume exchanged is just that, volume. Could entirely be comprised of traders flipping back and forth. Even if you took at as $1m in new money, it's not enough on a daily basis to reach a valuation of $75m in market cap.

Would you like to make a small wager? IF BC doubles in value again tonight I stand by prediction and by next Sunday we will be trading at $1.00. If we are trading below 1.00 by next Sunday I will send you 50BC. If we are trading above 1.00 you send me 50BC. The last gentleman I offered this wager to was glad he declined.

I'll take this bet. I'd be happy to lose $50 to be proven wrong.

Great. The bet is only on IF BC value doubles again tonight. Based on the large buy orders and people not really wanting to sell for low, it is a safe bet it will double again.
Activity: 37

who wants this?

just kidding
legendary
No, and no one does because the 24 hour volume exchanged is just that, volume. Could entirely be comprised of traders flipping back and forth. Even if you took at as $1m in new money, it's not enough on a daily basis to reach a valuation of $75m in market cap.

Would you like to make a small wager? IF BC doubles in value again tonight I stand by prediction and by next Sunday we will be trading at $1.00. If we are trading below 1.00 by next Sunday I will send you 50BC. If we are trading above 1.00 you send me 50BC. The last gentleman I offered this wager to was glad he declined.

I'll take this bet. I'd be happy to lose $50 to be proven wrong.

Activity: 34

who wants this?

just kidding
legendary
but at $1, you're looking at $60+ million of fresh capital being injected

No.

Um, how so? How else is a coin suppose to make it to $75 million dollar market cap from $9.x when the majority of the coins are held by longs? That value increase has to come from new capital, obviously. Doesn't matter if it is from outside USD exchanged in or conversion of other alts, it's still new money to drive up the cost per coin.

With $60 million you could basically buy all the coins from every exchange many times over making the price go $500 a coin or something.

No.

Um, how so? How else is a coin suppose to make it to $75 million dollar market cap from $9.x when the majority of the coins are held by longs? That value increase has to come from new capital, obviously. Doesn't matter if it is from outside USD exchanged in or conversion of other alts, it's still new money to drive up the cost per coin.

With $60 million you could basically buy all the coins from every exchange many times over making the price go $500 a coin or something.

Exactly.

If I have 10 of something, worth $10 each, we have a $100 market cap. I sell one for $15. Now we have a market cap of $150 with only $5 more added. So, a $50 market cap gain, with $5 of additional money.

BINGO!!! So many people do not understand this concept, thank you for explaining it in its simplest form.
Activity: 90

No.

Exactly.

If I have 10 of something, worth $10 each, we have a $100 market cap. I sell one for $15. Now we have a market cap of $150 with only $5 more added. So, a $50 market cap gain, with $5 of additional money.

Activity: 37
Hey guys. I decided to utilize blackcoins in my quest to save the world and possibly attain more exposure for the coin. Simply reading my website and cause is satiating to me in itself for I know that I am reaching out to people. Any donations will be appreciated.

http://www.gofundme.com/start-a-farm-in-ethiopia

Wink

Thanks blackcoin community!

Very cool project, I will send some money your way.

Wow thanks! PM me if you would like to enlist in the Crypto Awards program with your donation.
Activity: 78

who wants this?

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

No.

Activity: 210

This is my simple and secure method of operation:

* no wallets on any Windows machine, strictly Linux!
* Linux partitions are encrypted using LUKS - if a hacker aquires my hard drive physically he can suck it.
* wallets are compiled from github repositories. It's very easy to do, for most coins it's "qmake-qt4 && qmake" once you have the dependencies installed, if you don't know what that means at all you should first get some basic linux knowledge, install whatever is easiest to learn (I guess Ubuntu) and play with that a while.
* a small (5MB) TrueCrypt (google that) encrypted container is created for wallet.dat file backups, all wallet.dat files are encrypted using local coin "Encrypt wallet" feature, password is randomly generated and stored in KeePassX, KeePassX database is stored on the same TrueCrypt container. Master KeePassX password in my head. TrueCrypt container password in my head.
* backup wallet.dat for a coin to TrueCrypt after creating a new receiving address. Close (unmount) TrueCrypt when not using, never keep it open. The 5MB crypt file is then copied to an USB flash hidden in the house, also copied to Dropbox. Dropbox can't determine incremental changes for TrueCrypt volumes so you have to have a small file (hence the 5MB) for container because it's sync'ed full after every modification.
* 2FA on all services, instantly withdraw to personal wallet what you're not trading.

That's about it.

Sounds easy for someone who knows how to use Linux. Myself I have no clue how to use Linux and although I know my way round windows, this just sounds like Chinese to me, whit all those commands that you need to know..

I agree, much easier if you have prior knowledge. But if you're stuck with windows at least make sure all your wallet.dats are encrypted with random passwords, and I strongly advise looking into TrueCrypt, it's opensource encryption software, you can create a "container" which when not mounted (not opened in TrueCrypt) is just a blob of binary shit, but when you open it with TrueCrypt it becomes a new drive in "My Computer", you copy your wallets there and close, you then have this TC container to carry around, put on USBs etc.

For Windows it would be better to actually make wallets put their working directories on that TC container, perhaps linking the whole %appdata% folder to TC container, but I'm not sure how to do it on Windows TBH. This way you would have everything encrypted for you wallet 2 times.

You're still at risk from screeen capturing, key logging trojans with Windows so.. Proper security ain't easy shit that's why it's such a big industry (sadly infested by wannabee money sucking consultants though).
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
I just visited the pool irc channel and was pleasantly surprised by the apparent sincerity of the people supporting this coin
Jump to: