Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW - page 10. (Read 41198 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 9
The Blur Network
Dear developers!
Tell me please, do you test your glitches at all, or do your clients do it for you for free? I personally got tired of testing your raw software for 1.5 weeks for free! The wallet does not open. At all! After entering the password, the console closes!

I enter the password correctly!
Everything worked fine, then just broke everything. How was it possible? How was it possible to change the algorithm, even if elementary things do not work?

This is occurring because of Microsoft's use of ANSI & wide-set characters in their codepages, and not utf-8 like the rest of the world.  As our entire codebase relies on unicode, things get particularly wonky on Windows, at times.  If you research, Monero, and every other cryptonote coin also experienced this issue and others.... again, only on Windows.  Linux Wallets and Mac wallets have never had errors like this.  If you know a Windows developer, kindly, refer him or her our way Smiley

As for whether or not the software is tested for free... No, it is not, it is tested at the cost of my time and effort -- just the same as yours.  Only, I don't test stringently on Windows because I have spent 5 months developing software for you to bash .... for free.

You will need to import your 25-word seed that was given to you with the wallet, when you created it.  You should have this backed up.  Open a Powershell and start with the flag
Code:
.\blur-wallet-cli.exe --restore-deterministic
and follow the prompts.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
Dear developers!
Tell me please, do you test your glitches at all, or do your clients do it for you for free? I personally got tired of testing your raw software for 1.5 weeks for free! The wallet does not open. At all! After entering the password, the console closes!
https://i.postimg.cc/FKfD4xdW/7643.png
Everything worked fine, then just broke everything. How was it possible? How was it possible to change the algorithm, even if elementary things do not work?

I encountered the same situation.
Activity: 738
Merit: 100
Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo
Hello Dev, how about windows wallet?
Activity: 1406
Merit: 258
I compared the creation dates and the size of the files of version 0.1.7.5 (second edition) and 0.1.7.5.1 - they are the same! 10/31/2018. In vain I spent time on testing 0.1.7.5.1. Therefore, the launch of the daemon on 7-ke was not fixed.

Daemons for windows are now functioning once again, and sync is much faster.  Wallets can now launch without the cp850 encoding error they were encountering prior to the update.

Right, I also feel the same as you. The wallet works quickly and without obstacles. Making performance lighter and easier. Hopefully there will be more updates that can make users feel happy.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
Dear developers!

The Blur Network
I compared the creation dates and the size of the files of version 0.1.7.5 (second edition) and 0.1.7.5.1 - they are the same! 10/31/2018. In vain I spent time on testing 0.1.7.5.1. Therefore, the launch of the daemon on 7-ke was not fixed.

Daemons for windows are now functioning once again, and sync is much faster.  Wallets can now launch without the cp850 encoding error they were encountering prior to the update.
The Blur Network
Binaries for v0.1.7.6 have been released.  This update doubles hashrates to amplify the differential between different CPUs and their performances.  It prepares the network for Hardfork v9, which will be launching on testnet in the next couple days.
Could you please also tell what CPU(s) are you running?

Meanwhile I'd suggest you to try with linux. (Ubuntu, Live usb, download pre-compiled binaries, transfer blockchain from current windows machine to avoid syncing).
i5-2500, i5-2500K, i7-2600K, FX 8320E.
Linux does not suit me for many reasons.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

Meanwhile I'd suggest you to try with linux. (Ubuntu, Live usb, download pre-compiled binaries, transfer blockchain from current windows machine to avoid syncing).

is this coin still profitable in cpu mining? the network difficulty is a lil bit high for me. i wonder if you can still get a good share via cpu mining. and no exchange yet? how can you tell if this is worth to spend your hashrate if there's no value yet in the market? they have been here in the forum for few months now.

Coin is CPU only and solo only. Difficulty actually lowered a bit last few weeks.
There was maplechange exchange, which either exit scammed or was hacked. Price span was at that moment around 0.0000035 BTC.
The coin is going to be listed (or already is- I have not checked) on next release of bisq.

okay, let me see if this gonna work on me. yeah, mapleexchange was crap. they need to look for a trustworthy exchange at least. even small one.
Activity: 80
Merit: 5

is this coin still profitable in cpu mining? the network difficulty is a lil bit high for me. i wonder if you can still get a good share via cpu mining. and no exchange yet? how can you tell if this is worth to spend your hashrate if there's no value yet in the market? they have been here in the forum for few months now.

Coin is CPU only and solo only. Difficulty actually lowered a bit last few weeks.
There was maplechange exchange, which either exit scammed or was hacked. Price span was at that moment around 0.0000035 BTC.
The coin is going to be listed (or already is- I have not checked) on next release of bisq.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

Due to not enough people upgrading to new version the main chain is basically overdriven with alternative chain.
I would be happy to switch to 0.1.7.5.1, but this version also does not work under Win 7.
Cигнaтypa пpoблeмы:
  Имя coбытия пpoблeмы:   APPCRASH
  Имя пpилoжeния:   blurd.exe
  Bepcия пpилoжeния:   0.0.0.0
  Oтмeткa вpeмeни пpилoжeния:   5bd9298c
  Имя мoдyля c oшибкoй:   blurd.exe
  Bepcия мoдyля c oшибкoй:   0.0.0.0
  Oтмeткa вpeмeни мoдyля c oшибкoй:   5bd9298c
  Кoд иcключeния:   c000001d
  Cмeщeниe иcключeния:   000000000046c637
  Bepcия OC:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Кoд языкa:   1049
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 1:   5056
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 2:   505614abf15c923b7d26ec9a0287aad8
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 3:   3e36
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 4:   3e367d7ef35e9562bb8251cc33ad1fa5

The result of the daily experiment with 0.1.7.5.1: the transaction was not sent, the system did not find a single block, which in principle is not possible. All the while trying to complete a transaction. Returning to the old version 0.1.7.5, the database also rolled back.
Someone was able to send a transaction using a wallet 0.1.7.5.1?

Due to not enough people upgrading to new version the main chain is basically overdriven with alternative chain.
Transactions will not work till more than 50% of miners update to latest release.
If this does not happen soon the word is that there will be a roll-back to fix the unfairness to those miners who did update.
Transaction itself from 0.1.7.5.1 seem to work, it is sent out to network but gets stuck, due to non updated miners. It remains in txpool
The result of the daily experiment with 0.1.7.5.1: the transaction was not sent, the system did not find a single block, which in principle is not possible. All the while trying to complete a transaction. Returning to the old version 0.1.7.5, the database also rolled back.
Someone was able to send a transaction using a wallet 0.1.7.5.1?
Version 0.1.7.5.1 behaves strangely. I tried to send 1 coin, the transaction was not completed in 18 hours. Miner tried to send all this time, but he did not succeed. At the same time, for 18 Ryzen 1700X I found only one block, and it disappeared after the wallet was restarted. At the same time, other processors found 8-10 blocks each at 0.1.7.5. Win 10 x64.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
No, the new version of the wallet does not work. 5 times the wallet tried to send a transaction, in the end the coin came back. I waited half an hour.

Win 10 x64.

That is due to no one updating. The transactions will clear as people update. We have a new release that is being uploaded tonight, regardless. Join our discord if you would like to troubleshoot anything in real-time

So how about Win7?
That is due to no one updating. The transactions will clear as people update. We have a new release that is being uploaded tonight, regardless. Join our discord if you would like to troubleshoot anything in real-time
And how can you update if it doesn't work? I do not work under Win 7 new client version 0.1.7.5, closes with an error. I returned to the original version 0.1.7.5.
maplechange still down, i lost all my blur coins, it look like an exit out more than hack , let hope maplechange back again.
Granted, it looks more like the work of the owners of the exchange. The link to discordapp.com did not work from the second day, if not from the first. I registered there without invites, wrote, I was told that they could not help, that this application is for communication.
Pages:
Jump to: