Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW - page 7. (Read 41198 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Why each time i try to open wallet-cli with my wallet and i put my password it closes inmmediately?

If i try this:

Open Windows Powershell (Windows Key + X, then click powershell (non-admin) and type cd Downloads/blur-v0.1.8.1-win-x86_64 to switch to the directory you extracted the binaries into. Launch the daemon executable with the following options:

blurd.exe --add-priority-node=178.128.191.245:13894 --seed-node=178.128.180.136:13894 --add-priority-node=178.128.186.101:13894 --p2p-bind-port 13894 --rpc-bind-port 13895 --rpc-bind-ip 127.0.0.1

I get this error:

2018-11-30 04:33:16.947 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/main.cpp:292 BLUR 'Shift' (v0.1.8-8230253)
2018-11-30 04:33:16.947 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/protocol.h:53        Initializing cryptonote protocol...
2018-11-30 04:33:16.947 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/protocol.h:58        Cryptonote protocol initialized OK
2018-11-30 04:33:16.948 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/p2p.h:63     Initializing p2p server...
2018-11-30 04:33:16.949 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/core.h:103   Deinitializing core...
2018-11-30 04:33:16.950 20680   ERROR   daemon  src/daemon/core.h:108   Failed to deinitialize core...
2018-11-30 04:33:16.950 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/protocol.h:75        Stopping cryptonote protocol...
2018-11-30 04:33:16.950 20680   INFO    global  src/daemon/protocol.h:79        Cryptonote protocol stopped successfully
2018-11-30 04:33:16.951 20680   ERROR   daemon  src/daemon/main.cpp:300 Exception in main! Failed to initialize p2p server.
Activity: 209
Merit: 9
The Blur Network
Please make sure that you are running the latest release from https://github.com/blur-network/blur/releases/v0.1.8.1!
The Blur Network
Any community-driven blockchain.raw we can download from? Would speed up initial blockchain sync...
Thank you and keep it up!

Yep! the file titled blockchain_bootstrap.zip at https://github.com/blur-network/blur/releases/v0.1.8 should work.
Activity: 27
Any community-driven blockchain.raw we can download from? Would speed up initial blockchain sync...
Thank you and keep it up!
The Blur Network
Recovery works just fine.
There are few possible scenarios why this happened:
a) coins were moved from your wallet- check transactions history
b) you mined those coins on some side-chain that was not the main chain and therefor disapeared when you synced to main chain
c) you have 2 wallets and forgot about it
I dug in several wallets. I controlled the complexity of the found blocks so that the chain was the main one. A friend from another city has exactly the same story: 90-95% of coins are lost. In version 0.1.7.5 they are, in the later there is not. For this reason, I stopped getting a coin: I lost about 5000 BLUR.
The representative of the wallet developer refuses to recognize the problem. Presumably, the problem exists only in the windows version of the wallet.
Another chain is impossible: on each machine had its purse and couldn't they all prove the alternative chain.

You did not update your binaries, which put you out on a chain that was not the main chain.  It sounds like your friend did the same with untimely updating.  There have been 3 releases since v0.1.7.5 --  4 if you count the most recent update. With regard to this statement:

. I controlled the complexity of the found blocks so that the chain was the main one.

This logic does not hold up to reason.  You can find blocks on any blockchain, and if a superior proof of work is found to your own, the valid blocks you found, or "uncle blocks" will be reorganized out of the chain.  I do feel that is a bit unfair, which is why we are considering implementing some of the changes Masari did with uncle mining.  However, that's not going to be any time "soon" in all likelihood since our reorganizations are never longer than 2 blocks, historically speaking. 

The representative of the wallet developer refuses to recognize the problem. Presumably, the problem exists only in the windows version of the wallet.

I believe I have addressed nearly all of your concerns.  The problem could be solved using a solution I've offered a few times now. Join our channels for timely announcements (we have reddit, telegram, twitter, and discord) all of which receive every announcement we make -- reddit and twitter often are the last to receive those announcements, so I would recommend Telegram or Discord for real-time information.  I am active on both every day.   

This issue doesn't affect only Windows.  We've only had one issue which affected only Windows.  The wallet incompatibility from v0.1.7.5.1 and up was a result of a more secure password container (which means your coins get stolen less easily).  Security of your coins is our paramount concern, there... Actions taken by our network are always going to reflect that.  99% of our users have not experienced any issue with keeping valid coins.  The coins you mined are not valid on our network because changes have been made.  This happens with every hardfork.   If you upgrade prior to the fork height, you will remain mining on the main chain. 
The Blur Network
Thanks for explaining @pomartin. I will reiterate once again, that joining our Discord and/or Telegram would be very helpful in ensuring you don’t waste time mining on a chain that is irrelevant to the network. Alternatively, if you checked the front page of this thread it was displayed in bright red letters to update your software. Please follow our guidance. I’m not looking To waste anyone’s time or computing power but as I can’t control your processors, or what you do with them, you wil have to pay attention to one of our main channels for communication if you don’t want to be wasting your own time and/or electricity.
Activity: 80
Merit: 5
Yeah I remember. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end but never mannaged to. Meanwhile I did reproduce wrong password issue the recovery from seed allways recovered correct ammount of coins.
As I said before, please check transactions history. It could be that you were not the only one having access to it.
Here is an example of one of the wallets:

As for the transactions for November 6 (if I'm not mistaken), I have doubts, because I was getting the old version of the wallet, because I did not know about the next fork. But transactions from October 27 to November 5 inclusive should be in this wallet. At the end of November 5, there were 627 coins in it. It was produced mainly with version 0.1.7.5, since in 0.1.7.5.1 there was a problem with sending transaction: while the wallet was trying to send 1 BLUR (more than a day) not a single block was found.
A вoт чтo я вижy в кoшeлькe 0.1.8.1 (0.1.7.6, 0.1.7.6.1):
- transactions only for October 26-27. No outgoing no.
Thanks for provided info. Now I can confirm that you were affected by a rollback.
It happened at height around 198986 and was rolled back to 186026 (9 days or so). This means you "lost" all coins mined in this block-height window.
In other words coins mined within timewindow 28.10.2018 and 05.11.2018 were "lost". This is notable in your second screenshoot (last coins received on 27.10.18 at block 185833).

Compare block hashes at specified height given in your wallet screenshoot (bigger one) and block hashes for that same block provided by block explorer. They are not the same.
Example: blockchain height 186960
block hash provided by explorer: 5d097eb79a0780608ec1df38803b97bda1b49488f4bcb72d666331f4e5a9b4ff  (http://explorer.blur.cash/search?value=186960)
your block hash: 914becdcbe84b692d44468ca46139991df31e7512cdc2acbe06e3ade502a3e6b

Sadly, it looks like you did not get information about roll-back soon enough and keep mining on.
Information was released at least in discord channel.
Nothing is wrong, all is exactly as it is supposed to be.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
Yeah I remember. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end but never mannaged to. Meanwhile I did reproduce wrong password issue the recovery from seed allways recovered correct ammount of coins.
As I said before, please check transactions history. It could be that you were not the only one having access to it.
Here is an example of one of the wallets:

As for the transactions for November 6 (if I'm not mistaken), I have doubts, because I was getting the old version of the wallet, because I did not know about the next fork. But transactions from October 27 to November 5 inclusive should be in this wallet. At the end of November 5, there were 627 coins in it. It was produced mainly with version 0.1.7.5, since in 0.1.7.5.1 there was a problem with sending transaction: while the wallet was trying to send 1 BLUR (more than a day) not a single block was found.
A вoт чтo я вижy в кoшeлькe 0.1.8.1 (0.1.7.6, 0.1.7.6.1):
- transactions only for October 26-27. No outgoing no.
Let me remind you, the problem began with the wallet version 0.1.7.5 simply ceased to be opened in later versions, allegedly entered incorrect password, but the password was very simple and consisted only of digits. That is why decided to restore a purse.

Let me remind you, the problem began with the wallet version 0.1.7.5 simply ceased to be opened in later versions, allegedly entered incorrect password, but the password was very simple and consisted only of digits. That is why decided to restore a purse.
b) you mined those coins on some side-chain that was not the main chain and therefor disapeared when you synced to main chain
I dug in several wallets. I controlled the complexity of the found blocks so that the chain was the main one. A friend from another city has exactly the same story: 90-95% of coins are lost. In version 0.1.7.5 they are, in the later there is not. For this reason, I stopped getting a coin: I lost about 5000 BLUR.
Another chain is impossible: on each machine had its purse and couldn't they all prove the alternative chain.
--restore-deterministic-wallet
Unfortunately, this does not help. Coins are restored only from November 6 (77 pcs.).

I tried to restore the wallet in version 0.1.8.1. Everything also recovers 77 coins out of 600 approximately.

--restore-deterministic-wallet
Unfortunately, this does not help. Coins are restored only from November 6 (77 pcs.).

I tried to restore the wallet in version 0.1.8.1. Everything also recovers 77 coins out of 600 approximately.
The Blur Network
Please upgrade to v0.1.8.1 ! Crashing bug has been fixed
Community based block explorer with mining calculator was released:  http://blur.observer
Activity: 8
Activity: 83
Discord The channel is closed.???
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Binaries for Blur v0.1.8 'Shift' have been released.  Please update by block 211,000 if you wish to remain on the main chain. Download the binaries here

Sure we have updated uor BLUR binaries. But for a God's sake, WHY the blurd crashes after mining start?.......
The Blur Network
The hardfork is now less than 700 blocks away (Under 12 hours), make sure you are running v0.1.8! A hardfork typically means hashrate will drop... so you are likely to mine quite a few more blocks thank usual if you update beforehand, and are mining through the fork!
The Blur Network
Binaries for Blur v0.1.8 'Shift' have been released.  Please update by block 211,000 if you wish to remain on the main chain. Download the binaries here
Pages:
Jump to: