Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 24. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sadly it has been brought to my attention that Catcoin will not be on the OWN network as we were lead to believe...
Patrick McDonnell of Coyote WallStreet was responsible for creating this impression. i apologize for any misrepresentation i may have made due to the hoax news articles created by him...
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Someone dump a lot in Cryptsy and the price drop to 0.0001XXX, this coin seems going to die soon. I slowly lose the faith, loss more than 5btc in this shit coin.

Is not only CAT thats being dumped, but 90% of the alts, including DOGE and some of the previous leaders. Should new money inflow come into BTC space, some of these "shit coins" with active dev and good concept will outperform big time. Its a difficult proposition however, to have long and strong enough patience, and even then success is not guaranteed. So no reason for those who lost patience not to dump - better for the other holders, please sell and CATs land then hopefully in ultra-patient or active hands. In any case, it is worth for the biggish holders to support the devs / donate / work on promotion outside... You are either part of this coin, or noone else to blame really - we didn't buy some service from a certain company, stuff happens, there is so much competition among alts - pick your winner and you might get lucky elsewhere... Wink

Totally agreed, I think Percy should take this as any investment, and with every investment you can win or lose money but the thing about catcoin, is that it has a lot of good stuff and one of the most important is a supporting and great community that stands strong despite the critical hits the coin got hit with (if it was any other altcoin it would have been long dead).

Percy I will not tell you not to dump or buy Catcoin, because that's an important decision and I'm sure you know better than me on this matter, but here is my opinion : people are still working and supporting Catcoin and that's on it self is a positive thing, also the value right now of the coin is quite low and it's a reason for me to not sell I prefer lose everything (as the price is too low) or wait for catcoin to come back on top with a strong value and get a good benefice (this is me and in no regard I'm suggesting you to do so).

And I will support Catcoin till the end of time! Cheesy and remember cats has 7 lives ! so I'm not worried as long as work is done
Thanks for the advice. You are right, I am not going to sell any cat coins. I already lost 6 btc and it will not make much difference if loss all as it is only worth about 2 btc at today's price.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Someone dump a lot in Cryptsy and the price drop to 0.0001XXX, this coin seems going to die soon. I slowly lose the faith, loss more than 5btc in this shit coin.

Is not only CAT thats being dumped, but 90% of the alts, including DOGE and some of the previous leaders. Should new money inflow come into BTC space, some of these "shit coins" with active dev and good concept will outperform big time. Its a difficult proposition however, to have long and strong enough patience, and even then success is not guaranteed. So no reason for those who lost patience not to dump - better for the other holders, please sell and CATs land then hopefully in ultra-patient or active hands. In any case, it is worth for the biggish holders to support the devs / donate / work on promotion outside... You are either part of this coin, or noone else to blame really - we didn't buy some service from a certain company, stuff happens, there is so much competition among alts - pick your winner and you might get lucky elsewhere... Wink

Totally agreed, I think Percy should take this as any investment, and with every investment you can win or lose money but the thing about catcoin, is that it has a lot of good stuff and one of the most important is a supporting and great community that stands strong despite the critical hits the coin got hit with (if it was any other altcoin it would have been long dead).

Percy I will not tell you not to dump or buy Catcoin, because that's an important decision and I'm sure you know better than me on this matter, but here is my opinion : people are still working and supporting Catcoin and that's on it self is a positive thing, also the value right now of the coin is quite low and it's a reason for me to not sell I prefer lose everything (as the price is too low) or wait for catcoin to come back on top with a strong value and get a good benefice (this is me and in no regard I'm suggesting you to do so).

And I will support Catcoin till the end of time! Cheesy and remember cats has 7 lives ! so I'm not worried as long as work is done
Activity: 168

Activity: 120
Activity: 189
[Reddit] Changing landscape for Scrypt

The GPU mining landscape is about to change drastically and many have not woken up to this fact. KNC recently took $2m in pre-orders for their 100MH Scrypt ASIC. These may start coming on to the network in Q2/Q3 of this year. There is no doubt that these will be turned on to many of the small Scrypt coins out there to strip them, sell the coins and then leave. This is going to leave many small coins unusable, many have less than 1MH. People do not seem to be aware of the problems this is going to cause and perhaps were not around for the SHA-256 ASICs turning up. This left many small SHA-256 at the time in a state where they had to hard fork to resolve the issues and others just disappeared. It is possible to move hashing algos in those coins.

.. there does not seem to be any Scrypt coins who are seriously talking about changing their hashing algorithms. They may soon have their hand forced in the same way that Terracoin had no choice but to fork. However many small Scrypt coins do not seem to have an active developer in site, just communities of users who may soon be left without a working coin.

Something to keep an eye on. Keeping Catcoin as a pure Scrypt coin may be a bad idea if any of this holds weight.

Scrypt-N and Scrypt-Jane will hold since they are memory heavy, and fast dram is the most expensive part in the equation, a possible solution would be to switch to one of those, but again there are more urgent things to be done Smiley

We have already been talking about some of those for a future update.  If everything works as expected, we should have a bit of time to decide on the best one for catcoin, before the Scrypt ASICs start hitting the streets. 

The GPU mining landscape is about to change drastically and many have not woken up to this fact. KNC recently took $2m in pre-orders for their 100MH Scrypt ASIC. These may start coming on to the network in Q2/Q3 of this year. There is no doubt that these will be turned on to many of the small Scrypt coins out there to strip them, sell the coins and then leave. This is going to leave many small coins unusable, many have less than 1MH. People do not seem to be aware of the problems this is going to cause and perhaps were not around for the SHA-256 ASICs turning up. This left many small SHA-256 at the time in a state where they had to hard fork to resolve the issues and others just disappeared. It is possible to move hashing algos in those coins.

.. there does not seem to be any Scrypt coins who are seriously talking about changing their hashing algorithms. They may soon have their hand forced in the same way that Terracoin had no choice but to fork. However many small Scrypt coins do not seem to have an active developer in site, just communities of users who may soon be left without a working coin.

Something to keep an eye on. Keeping Catcoin as a pure Scrypt coin may be a bad idea if any of this holds weight.

Scrypt-N and Scrypt-Jane will hold since they are memory heavy, and fast dram is the most expensive part in the equation, a possible solution would be to switch to one of those, but again there are more urgent things to be done Smiley
Activity: 657
Merit: 500

Thanks for this update, Skillface!

I can guarantee you that we have primary and back-up plans should these scrypt ASICs actually ship.  I can also guarantee you that CAT has an active dev team. , but you know that already. Wink
Activity: 210

Look out.

lol!

contributing with my few hashs to push catcoin to the next step
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Nice uptick in price for CAT over the past 4 or so hours!

Calling all CATs - now's the time to get us over the finish line - please bring out your miners!

You can find a P2Pool node near you here:  http://p2pools.org/cat  Or connect with your favorite pool - Only 743 blocks to go!

And stay tuned for the return of The Diamond Collar next Friday, 28th March!

You think we had nice jumps in miners and coin value after our last fork?  Wait until you see what happens after this fork and our Oprah bump!

Thanks everyone!

Andy
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
Looking like the fork ain't happening today...

Sadly, I think I mis-calculated the block number for the fork.  At the time of this post, still 814 blocks left till the fork hits.  That is completely my fault.  

My calculation was 144 blocks per dip, and 1.2 dips per day, and there were 7 days from the time we selected the block.  I think I probably should have used 72 blocks per dip for my calculation instead.  The way I came up with 144 blocks, is there is 4 quarters per a full cycle of this current algo, and 36 blocks per quarter.  I should have used 36 per half of cycle, I'm assuming.

The block will come around, just a bit later than anticipated Sad

Blak

Thank you so much for your concise explanation.

We need some angel hashers to get us to the fork faster!

Where are you guys? Lots of BTC to be made on this fork!!
Activity: 189

Sadly, I think I mis-calculated the block number for the fork.  At the time of this post, still 814 blocks left till the fork hits.  That is completely my fault.  

My calculation was 144 blocks per dip, and 1.2 dips per day, and there were 7 days from the time we selected the block.  I think I probably should have used 72 blocks per dip for my calculation instead.  The way I came up with 144 blocks, is there is 4 quarters per a full cycle of this current algo, and 36 blocks per quarter.  I should have used 36 per half of cycle, I'm assuming.

The block will come around, just a bit later than anticipated Sad

Blak
legendary

Hmmm, Looking at this right now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0;all, well BitcoinExpress is a well known troll, and he claimes alot of stuff but fails to deliver most of the time but it's still something to take into consideration and to watch out for, I'm trying to find technical details on the matter.

As to how to make Catcoin rock again, I believe the first thing to do is to solve all the technical issues, once that done, I believe marketing and advertising on several front is necessary, some good stuff are being done right now, but more needs to be done to have a larger reach, more people should be involved, once all these are done, I believe the coin will be back to the top, as it has a strong brand/brand name and especially it has strong support from faithfull supporters
legendary
Thank you for the amazing updates Slimepuppy!

Oh what would I do without you! Smiley

I think CatCoin is one of the most undervalued (if not the most undervalued) alt coin in this entire space…..

It's waiting for passionate people take the lead!

Are you passionate enough ?

Reply with ideas on how to make CatCoin a bigger, better, more inclusive coin!
Ladies and gentlemen, this is not the captain speaking. Wink  Please note, however, that the captain has turned OFF the seat belt sign in preparation for Caturday's course correction.

All operating exchanges are running the current code with one exception - can anyone guess which exchange that is?  Shocked

Bring on the fork!   Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: