Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 47. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

......and we will be ready for the influx of new CAT lovers when the Oprah Network highlights our community on episode 6 of the Diamond Collar.

Will this be in the near future?

Good to hear that u'r working on a solution! Almost had given up.. Do you think it will take hours or days till the new wallet?
Activity: 657
Merit: 500
DEV FLASH

We have figured out the root cause of all of our network and fork problems and are testing a solution now.

TL:DR Beware of Innovation!

- Our code has DDoS protection.
- Our code can blacklist nodes that send bad blocks

Both of these are good and useful capabilities that many coins do not have!  However:

- We released a 1 block retarget method that required a cycle to stabilize - and that meant we had to let the diff settle to near 1 before climbing to stabilize the network.  We know it works because we tortured it on testnet before release.

- During the first low diff period, we got high hash inputs and pools were finding blocks very quickly.  The sudden influx of quick blocks with slightly different difficulty numbers triggered the DDoS protection - and network nodes (primarily the pools) were temporarily blacklisted.  This resulted in micro-forks until the diff adjustment slowed things down, everyone resynchronized, and the network stabilized.

Unfortunately, this disruption also reset the diff adjustment algo - and it dropped back to near 1 for a reset - and we started all over.  We think this is why the real-world performance of the new difficulty adjust code is so different from the testnet performance - we didn't trigger DDoS or forks on testnet.

TL:DR part 2:

We've got root cause, we've got code written, we're deploying test nodes to positively confirm that this works.  We'll release a 'maintenance release' wallet that will fix our network.  This is NOT a FORK.

Once we stabilize the main network, the exchanges will synchronize and everyone's transactions should complete and confirm.

Jonhhy_non called it:  We have just de-wormed the CAT.  We will absolutely be back in sync very soon and we will be ready for the influx of new CAT lovers when the Oprah Network highlights our community on episode 6 of the Diamond Collar.

Life's good and getting better folks!

Andy

DEV FLASH
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Can someone confirm if any of the major pools on a wrong blockchain? Greetings vondi1122
I'm kinda new here so maybe im reading it wrong somehow but,

Processed 22813 blocks of transaction history in my wallet,

coinium Current Block    22716

teamcatcoin Current Block    22715
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Looks like either team catcoin or coinium have folk cat coin,

They are on different block and different difficulty.

My wallet is on the same block as team catcoin

My wallet is at block 22705 at 17.52 GMT
I use teamcatcoin pool. But now i noticed that they haven't found block for more than 15 hours.

u'r lucky for getting your coins out.

horus1    2014-02-12 21:58:04    Debit_MP    Confirmed    9TvCKUB7...66MdaEPG    738741c9...8eda07b0    n/a    41.19254901
horus1    2014-02-12 14:50:45    Debit_MP    Confirmed    9TvCKUB7...66MdaEPG    04036e18...6bdac933    n/a    50.32062898

More then 24 hours after my first deposit, second one i send few hours after
Activity: 16
I use teamcatcoin pool. But now i noticed that they haven't found block for more than 15 hours.
I did 15 manual requests for payout in the last two days and all coins arrived in my wallet. Last request was made 15 hours ago and i got coins into my wallet.

What pool you use? Cause it seems that teamcatcoin is pretty much dead, hash rate 0
Activity: 16
I did 15 manual requests for payout in the last two days and all coins arrived in my wallet. Last request was made 15 hours ago and i got coins into my wallet.
Still no sign of my coins and no word from teamcatcoin support on the issue.  These were sent to my wallet, not to an exchange. It's now going on 24 hours. 

My wallet claims it is up to date on block 22698, while teamcatcoin claims to be working on block 22650 at the moment. Its starting to look like these coins are history. How can a coin grow if miners cannot trust that their coins will be delivered?  I guess it's doge and litecoin time, at least they are reliable.

This is clearly more than a crispy issue.

I can confirm this problem! I did 2 manuall payouts yesterday and both have not arrived. And of course teamcatcoin doesnt respond to support tickets, they never do!

12 hours ago both the teamcatcoin and coinium cat pool site were offline for a few minutes.. i thought they were rebooting servers or whatever but it still doesnt work. Also unconfirmed coins are not getting confirmed at teamcatcoin anymore. About the same time as the website crash....

I hate teamcatcoin for not respondng to any support tickets.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I just requested a manual payout of 12 CAT out of teamcatoin. We will see how it goes.
Activity: 153
Still no sign of my coins and no word from teamcatcoin support on the issue.  These were sent to my wallet, not to an exchange. It's now going on 24 hours. 

My wallet claims it is up to date on block 22698, while teamcatcoin claims to be working on block 22650 at the moment. Its starting to look like these coins are history. How can a coin grow if miners cannot trust that their coins will be delivered?  I guess it's doge and litecoin time, at least they are reliable.

This is clearly more than a crispy issue.

Make sure you hang onto proof that you sent the coins (txID's, addresses, etc.). Cryptsy will fix eventually.

Yeah that's kinda the problem, since teamcatcoin is ignoring my support ticket and the explorer isn't working i can't get the full transaction id. Cause on teamcatcoin they only show a partial id...

But i'm sure one of these days the explorer should work again and with the first part of the id it should work..

Sending any coins directly from a pool to an exchange is risky. Always send them to your own wallet first.
Activity: 107
When is the Dev team going to sort the block explorer.

If things don't get fixed when there broke it means the coin is going to DIE

Make sure you hang onto proof that you sent the coins (txID's, addresses, etc.). Cryptsy will fix eventually.

Yeah that's kinda the problem, since teamcatcoin is ignoring my support ticket and the explorer isn't working i can't get the full transaction id. Cause on teamcatcoin they only show a partial id...

But i'm sure one of these days the explorer should work again and with the first part of the id it should work..
k thnx, it's manual payout so i'll just have patience then. I did look but couldn't find another one.

At the moment it has been almost 5 days i send 90.xx cat to cryptsy. Still nothing..

CAT has had a couple unintentional forks due to the difficulty variance. The explorer is stuck on one of those forks, and cryptsy is probably stuck on another. All it takes to fix it is resyncing the wallet, but Cryptsy is very VERY slow about doing those things. I had a CAT deposit take 4 days recently.

Does someone know if it's normal that a cat coin transfer from teamcatcoin to your wallet takes more then 3 hours?

Also, i understand that you can follow your transactions right here: http://catchain.info/chain/Catcoin ?
Then maybe someone also can tell me why none of my transactions can be found here? For example the few times i send coins from the pool to my wallet. I can see the coins in my wallet but I can't find anything on the catcain website?

Is that a manual or auto payout from teamcatcoin? Manual payouts can take several hours at least, auto payouts might take a while also.

The catchain.info explorer isn't syncing with the network right now, so several days of transactions are missing. I think there are other explorers that are up to date.

k thnx, it's manual payout so i'll just have patience then. I did look but couldn't find another one.

At the moment it has been almost 5 days i send 90.xx cat to cryptsy. Still nothing..
Activity: 271
Merit: 254
guys i have 200 CAT and sell them for whatever currency you have, PM if you want to buy, i give them cheap...

How about 1 err 3 litecoin if you can send me the entire .catcoin directory with unencrypted wallet (in a .zip or .tar.gz file) so I can use it for debugging.

Were these coins you mined, or bought?

(edit feb 12 always double check math when making offers)
Does someone know if it's normal that a cat coin transfer from teamcatcoin to your wallet takes more then 3 hours?

Also, i understand that you can follow your transactions right here: http://catchain.info/chain/Catcoin ?
Then maybe someone also can tell me why none of my transactions can be found here? For example the few times i send coins from the pool to my wallet. I can see the coins in my wallet but I can't find anything on the catcain website?

Is that a manual or auto payout from teamcatcoin? Manual payouts can take several hours at least, auto payouts might take a while also.

The catchain.info explorer isn't syncing with the network right now, so several days of transactions are missing. I think there are other explorers that are up to date.
Does someone know if it's normal that a cat coin transfer from teamcatcoin to your wallet takes more then 3 hours? Cause the coins still didn't arrive. I send deposits to my cat coin wallet 2 times before, they both came in after 1 or 2 seconds.

transaction info from teamcatcoin: 2014-02-12 14:50:45    Debit_MP    Confirmed    9TvCKUB7...66MdaEPG    04036e18...6bdac933    n/a    50.32062898

My wallet has 5 active connections to the Catcoin network and I'm up to date at block 22639 according to my wallet..

Pages:
Jump to: