Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 43. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
The community has the power to change Catcoin for the better, but it is not working with one voice. Catcoin needs a dev team, not everyone working on different ideas and cross purposes.

Work on becoming a dev team with one voice, and the rest will follow. You need to make singular decisions as a group. The priority now is fixing this fork mess once and for all and deciding on an official fork and then that's it. Then get on with promotion and services.

It's a wonder Catcoin has survive through all this. Even the thread title still mentions a fork.

End the forks.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
As far as I'm concerned Cat is alive but sleeping right now.

The Catcoin community is active but Catcoin became a technical discussion and stopped being about promoting Catcoin. That's when my activity in the community began to decrease.

I will always support Catcoin, but in terms of investing my time in Catcoin vs investing my time in other coins I was seeing increasingly diminishing returns, and unfortunately you have to emotionally detach yourself from coins to get a real perspective of their value.

Nobody knows what Catcoin is anymore. Its identity, how many active forks there are, or what the current plan is. It's in that similar situation that Klondike Coin is now in where the diehard community are the only ones keeping it going.

I have to be completely honest, because honesty is what this coin needs; I don't feel secure holding Catcoin anymore.

It's up to the developers to change that situation, not me. It's not my responsibility to ensure the coins I trade in retain their value. Only if I hold enough for it to be in my personal interest to do so, and for that to happen I'd have to be in possession of several thousand Catcoin. That is not the case, and I won't risk my BTC on investing in that many.

I will support Catcoin always, but I'm telling you now, honestly and truthfully, the only people keeping Catcoin alive are the diehard community. Catcoin is a shell of what it once was. You can still turn this around. Stop being a group discussion of technical specifications are start talking about Catcoin beyond difficulty readjustment algorithms. Casual crypto users have lost interest.

Totally agree and well said thats how everyone feels,

If you have a spare 10 minutes, just read the first pages of the first catcoin thread and see the positvity and belief.

Nullu is right, to much technical talk about the coin, what we need now is promotion.

The re branding looks good lets build on it, surely there are a few CATS left to come forward with some ideas,

Catcoin forums is a powerhouse so i would like to see some of his ideas?

Where can we take catcoin, if we can build some ideas i will spend my BTC on these CATCOINS and happily build on my stake!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Crypto King, I don't know if you've read any of the posts on the previous pages - but the main issue (from a CAT user's point of view) is that there are multiple forks out there at the moment, and some of the exchanges are on the wrong ones, or just not accepting deposits.

In addition to this, there is only one pool mining CAT on the correct fork (Coinium.org, if it is even the correct fork...), and they're not accepting any further registrations - so mining is basically closed to the public at the moment, a lucky few are taking all the profits.

Even catcoins.biz doesn't have the correct blockchain info at the moment.

That said, it does seem like there is a group of people that are actively working on getting the problems fixed. As has been said on this forum - CAT is not dead, but CAT is quite sick. The vet says CAT is going to be just fine, we just need to be a little bit patient.
Activity: 532
As far as I'm concerned Cat is alive but sleeping right now.

The Catcoin community is active but Catcoin became a technical discussion and stopped being about promoting Catcoin. That's when my activity in the community began to decrease.

I will always support Catcoin, but in terms of investing my time in Catcoin vs investing my time in other coins I was seeing increasingly diminishing returns, and unfortunately you have to emotionally detach yourself from coins to get a real perspective of their value.

Nobody knows what Catcoin is anymore. Its identity, how many active forks there are, or what the current plan is. It's in that similar situation that Klondike Coin is now in where the diehard community are the only ones keeping it going.

I have to be completely honest, because honesty is what this coin needs; I don't feel secure holding Catcoin anymore.

It's up to the developers to change that situation, not me. It's not my responsibility to ensure the coins I trade in retain their value. Only if I hold enough for it to be in my personal interest to do so, and for that to happen I'd have to be in possession of several thousand Catcoin. That is not the case, and I won't risk my BTC on investing in that many.

I will support Catcoin always, but I'm telling you now, honestly and truthfully, the only people keeping Catcoin alive are the diehard community. Catcoin is a shell of what it once was. You can still turn this around. Stop being a group discussion of technical specifications and start talking about Catcoin beyond difficulty readjustment algorithms. Casual crypto users have lost interest. There's no point in fooling yourselves in order to portray that everything is fine and dandy, because too many people believe that to be the case now, and it's slowly killing Catcoin.

Positivity is great, but the lack of real criticism or action is extremely disconcerting. I've never seen so much time spent on difficulty readjustment algorithms when some coins just make a decision, enact it, then get on with developing services and a community. This obsession with the difficulty readjustment has to end. Make a decision and stick with it. Every fork is another nail in the coffin.
What catcoin needs right now is the community spirit back, what it was like at the start of the coin launch. Remember catcoin has 9 lives and probably more, i have catcoins which im holding onto and believe catcoin can go far but we all need to come back to this and get it right, then move forward!

The dev team im sure are doing the hard work needed but can we have an update from today i would like to know where everything stands?

Can we have at least one post from the community just to see if they are still here!

Guess this is not the post you are looking for but ...
I personel have given up in Cat a time ago. I just check from time to time how cat's adventure continues.

The care/maintenance/development of the coin took a wrong way for me. I see it going down more and more and I wonder if there is really any chance left to get it back to alive and kicking. I have my doubts but thats me.

A bit a pitty because with that coin name I really saw a good chance that it could have become a brother or sister to doge.

So well then I pass it on:

Can we have at least one post from the community just to see if they are still here!

Smiley

Your opinion is welcomed and valid, and most of all you posted which is good, the community are lying low, the cats are hiding.

Im sure this forum will be bombarded with activity if we can get some positive ideas coming forward so lets do it CATS!
Activity: 965
Merit: 515
What catcoin needs right now is the community spirit back, what it was like at the start of the coin launch. Remember catcoin has 9 lives and probably more, i have catcoins which im holding onto and believe catcoin can go far but we all need to come back to this and get it right, then move forward!

The dev team im sure are doing the hard work needed but can we have an update from today i would like to know where everything stands?

Guess this is not the post you are looking for but ...
I personel have given up in Cat a time ago. I just check from time to time how cat's adventure continues.

The care/maintenance/development of the coin took a wrong way for me. I see it going down more and more and I wonder if there is really any chance left to get it back to alive and kicking. I have my doubts but thats me.

A bit a pitty because with that coin name I really saw a good chance that it could have become a brother or sister to doge.

So well then I pass it on:

Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
LETS GO CATCOIN! Catcoin needs to get rising again, its happend many times it can happen again.. hold your faith in this coin and get buying now!
That might be true but i think the word catcoin says it all, the potential here is massive it just not gettin full filled yet, still needs alot of hardwork but we really need the community back.

Do we have some future plans for catcoin?

Promotional ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

+1
They're all on MCXNow trading MAX
 Cheesy
Activity: 87

+1

i havent been here for a while but can someone please give me a valid update of the situation?

I got a feeling a catcoin PUMP is around the corner!
Activity: 826
I think everybody should have noticed that mining cat right now is at own risk right now. Your coins being confirmed does not mean that you will receive those coins also on your wallet or on an exchange since its not clear if the pool was on the "right chain". Mine at own risk, dont blame the pools or exchanges for the trouble its really cat itself causing this. Be patient i am convinced the devs will find a solution to this. Greetings vondi1122
Activity: 15
Catcoin miners, try our new merged mining pool at http://manicminer.in

What is different with this pool? It is the first one implementing merged mining with scrypt coins, this means you can mine different coins at the same time without losing any performance. Basically it is free money!!! Right now we are mining all of these coins, all of them at the same time:

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

You can multiply easily your profit by mining all of them!!

juanichiloco, I've tried your pool today, and it is working very well. CAT seems to be on the wrong fork though, the withdrawals just disappear, they don't reach my wallet or any of the exchanges. Will you be able to put the CAT mining onto the correct fork? There is plenty of discussion on the details for the the correct fork in this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042
Still waiting for my catcoin to hit cryptsy been like a week lol

I'm at 8 days now.

Me too  Undecided
Activity: 107
Any updates from the dev team?Huh
Activity: 42

I'm at 8 days now.
Activity: 34
Activity: 236
Merit: 101
Catcoin miners, try our new merged mining pool at http://manicminer.in

What is different with this pool? It is the first one implementing merged mining with scrypt coins, this means you can mine different coins at the same time without losing any performance. Basically it is free money!!! Right now we are mining all of these coins, all of them at the same time:

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

You can multiply easily your profit by mining all of them!!
Activity: 70
People are still bothering with this? Fork after fork after fork.
lol. Get out of here. CAT is strong!
Pages:
Jump to: