Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 61. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
N = 36*10+1;
It's "signals" arrays length (don't like any dynamical memory allocation anywhere).
Those code representing 36 blocks sliding window and i simply want to see period as long as 10 windows.
N can be any value (not 36 dividible may cause some problems in this code, but it's only quick overwiev)

You should mention about astatism of diff recalc.
It's relative, so algorithm don't know what difficulty need to set for hashrate, it even don't know exactly hashrate.
Algorithm operates on how need to multiply current difficulty to get target block time with assumption(maybe aprove through probability theory),
that block time reverse proportional to hashrate with same difficulty and most important - that blocktime proportional to
difficulty with same hashrate. And all of coefficients of proportions is unknown and more, random (with distribution law
depending on the hash distribution law). And i use very symplified model of most probable average time (think it's "Expected value" in english terms).
Take it from LTC calculator as i remember.

If you take in account astatism, and tests show that blocktime stabilise on 10 mins after hashrate change and hold both ways, i'm calm.

And yes, catcoin never been anonimous, but i'm about logo design. My "serious cat" not a cake too.
I'm explain. Actual logo on my opinion has expected standart advertisment design. If you think about
food or traveling company logo it's what first come to mind - light offce mainstream style. And "old" anime-style
(not fan of anime, only like "ghost in the shell" for it's cyberpunk setting and not very simple plot) kitten was what you
never expect from currency, somehow original(in this place) and rememberable. It was cute and not serious,
it was attracting, something which "CATcoin" name can be accosiated. Posche - you imagine porsche 911 design. Bmw - you remember
double front grill and sign. Microsoft - you remember windows logo. Bitcoin - BTC. It's about associations.
If those gray kitten has no name and story behind it it's the best logo. Still offer gray kitten on mars surface.
Activity: 29

I discovered if I close my wallet, and start it up again, the problem returns.  The wallet stalls endlessly and will not sync.  I can keep up using the delete and rebuild method, but there is a bug in the wallet system that would be nice to be fixed.  Developers please take note.  Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/98oO739.png

I think you're fine, it's just an hour behind because no block has been found since, which is a problem, but not with the wallet. If you want to make sure, check http://catchain.info/chain/Catcoin and see if your wallet has the same block. It shows 2 hours behind for me too, which is true, we're not even close to 10 minute blocks.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Activity: 11

I discovered if I close my wallet, and start it up again, the problem returns.  The wallet stalls endlessly and will not sync.  I can keep up using the delete and rebuild method, but there is a bug in the wallet system that would be nice to be fixed.  Developers please take note.  Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/98oO739.png
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 56

Great! Finally data to visualize.

(http://catcoins.biz/charts/)

I used your data to plot a bit more:

I am gone surfing those waves up right!

I'm worry about those waves on diff vs block number graph. I think there is a problem.

А если ты здесь из 2ch'ерской банды крутых хацкевов-програмистов-финансистов
и прочего сброда "офигенных российскех школотеев и проходимцев", которые тут,
чтоб "выдавить биток с хомяка", убейся об стену.

My post in old CATcoin thread. It's matlab model of diff recalc.
Quote from: strelok369 link=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380130.msg4468559#msg4468559
Code(matlab):

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
clear
clc

N = 36*10+1;
hashrate   = zeros(1, N);
difficulty =  ones(1, N);
blocktime  = zeros(1, N);

lastchange = 1;
hashrate(1,1) = 1000;

%imaging floating hashrate somehow (i'm not a wizard of probability theory)
for i=2:N
   change = rand(1,1)/4*sqrt(i-lastchange);
   if change>1
      hashrate(1, i) = rand(1,1)*1000*2+100;
      lastchange = i;
   else
      hashrate(1, i) = hashrate(1, i-1);
   end
end

%hashrate   = [ones(1, (N-1)/3)*100 ones(1,(N-1)/3).*1000 ones(1, (N-1)/3+1)*100];
%single stepup stepdown
%end imaging floating hashrate somehow

%diff and approximate blocktimes with sliding window
for i=1:37
    blocktime(1,i) = (difficulty(1,i)*2^32/(hashrate(1, i)*1e6)/60);
end

for i=(37+1):N
    average  = sum(blocktime (1, (i-36):(i-1)))/36; %average of blocktimes
    averdiff = sum(difficulty(1, (i-36):(i-1)))/36; %very important, otherwise unstable
    difficulty(1,i) = averdiff/(average/10); %10 is target, such recalc have astatism
end
%end diff and approximate blocktimes with sliding window

%show results for window
fig1 = figure(1);
stairs(hashrate./100, 'color' , 'red');
hold on
stairs(difficulty./10, 'color' , 'green');
stairs(blocktime, 'color' , 'blue');
hold off
%end show results for window

difficulty =  ones(1, N);
blocktime  = zeros(1, N);

%diff and approximate blocktimes with classic recalc
lastrecalc = 1;
for i=2:N
   if i-lastrecalc > 36
       average  = sum(blocktime (1, (i-36):(i-1)))/36;
       difficulty(1,i) = difficulty(1,i-1)/(average/10); %10 is target, such recalc have astatism
       lastrecalc = i;
   else
       difficulty(1,i) = difficulty(1,i-1);
   end
end
%end diff and approximate blocktimes with classic recalc

fig2 = figure(2);
%show results for classic
stairs(hashrate./100, 'color' , 'red');
hold on
stairs(difficulty./10, 'color' , 'green');
stairs(blocktime, 'color' , 'blue');
hold off
%end show results for classic
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Matlab arrays starts from 1 not 0;

Warning: if sliding window then in next difficulty must take part average
difficulty on window, not previous difficulty, othervise system unstable.

Is actual algorithm use average diff as good as blocktime?
If it use average without construction such as red_line_in_code_above
it will have diff spikes and hollows.
Correct it immediately if it's so. We will be anough with sliding window,
no need to invent bicycles with 12% and other excesses to diff recalc
algorithm and imagine yourself gods of cryptoworld.

And where is old logo? It was much better than actual.
Actual one have lack of one thing (it can be called idea byt in is not fully correct).
I don't know how to say about it, try to ask artists. Those thing, which make you
recognise product in mass. Like doge on dogecoin sign, like BTC on bitcoin logo,
Like double front grille in BMW.

http://i.imgur.com/BSkqmJ6.png

My wallet has been like this for daysss.  Any idea what is wrong?  I copied the conf. file to roaming, so now it is in both places, right?  Thanks for the help.

Try deleting you blockchain and redownloading it. You can do this by deleting most all the dat files in %appdata%\CatCoin. DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT MAKE A BACKUP OF IT WHILE YOU'RE IN THE FOLDER AND KEEP IT SOMEWHERE SAFE.

Your advise worked.  Thank-you very much.  Do just as he says, including .dats in the folders, but not the wallet.dat, and it fixes the stall forever problem.  It does a fresh rebuild, but does not take that long.

Here is the proof:

http://i.imgur.com/EGrXPvW.png
Activity: 112
I think coinium has F*&KED again as after they fixed the first fork problem, I have been mining with 1M/hash and have earned 0.2 in a WHOLE DAY

We haven't had no blocks. Without blocks there can be no chain fork.

Oh right I thought we were finding them, but oh ok cheers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I think coinium has F*&KED again as after they fixed the first fork problem, I have been mining with 1M/hash and have earned 0.2 in a WHOLE DAY

We haven't had no blocks. Without blocks there can be no chain fork.
CAT must have much higher price!

My wallet has been like this for daysss.  Any idea what is wrong?  I copied the conf. file to roaming, so now it is in both places, right?  Thanks for the help.

Try deleting you blockchain and redownloading it. You can do this by deleting most all the dat files in %appdata%\CatCoin. DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT MAKE A BACKUP OF IT WHILE YOU'RE IN THE FOLDER AND KEEP IT SOMEWHERE SAFE.

http://i.imgur.com/BSkqmJ6.png

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
...and diff vs BlockNr is the rollercoaster we're on.
 Shocked Cheesy
Activity: 965
Merit: 515
is there a working  blockchainexplorer Huh

catchain.info/chain/Catcoin seems to have been updated just before, along with the charts at catcoins.biz/charts/

Yea, I fixed it before going out to drink tonight Smiley glad it works!

Great! Finally data to visualize.

(http://catcoins.biz/charts/)

I used your data to plot a bit more:

I am gone surfing those waves up right!

catchain.info/chain/Catcoin seems to have been updated just before, along with the charts at catcoins.biz/charts/

Don't suppose you could also fix the wallet links on the front page when you get a chance? Seems they're still linking to the old wallets.

We might be seeing somewhat of an influx of new miners and traders soon now that the coin is somewhat functional again and we're getting a little attention now, so I think it'd be wise to ensure that at the very least the wallet links are pointing in the right direction.

Updated. It's pretty straightforward -- it's hosted on GitHub Pages at https://github.com/catcoins/catcoins.github.io

How can we contact you when we need to update?

I'm going to see if I can't improve the interface.

Just submit a pull request on https://github.com/catcoins/catchain Smiley

Edit: For a (slightly) more polished interface, feel free to check out/diff the Nyancoin ABE instance: https://github.com/nyancoins/nyancha.in
Activity: 98
Come on CATCOIN!! UP UP UP Thats the only way we want you too go dear friend.

How can we contact you when we need to update?

I'm going to see if I can't improve the interface.
FORK START
BLOCK    TIME                                DIFF       TOTAL COINS
21346   2014-01-31 05:57:46   108.562   1067350

1ST BOTTOM AND TOP
21385   2014-01-31 19:06:53   1.306   1069300
21427   2014-02-01 01:10:27   140.753   1071400

42 BLOCKS
363 MINUTES 30 SECONDS
AVERAGE: JUST UNDER 9 MINUTES

2ND BOTTOM AND TOP
21471   2014-02-01 15:47:06   1.193   1073600
21508   2014-02-01 22:33:34   79.186   1075450

37 BLOCKS
404 MINUTES 28 SECONDS
AVERAGE: JUST UNDER 11 MINUTES

3RD BOTTOM AND TOP
21543   2014-02-02 02:16:25   1.499   1077200
21588   2014-02-02 08:51:11   225.885   1079450

45 BLOCKS
394 MINUTES 46 SECONDS
AVERAGE: JUST UNDER 9 MINUTES

THE FORK WORKS!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THERE ARE PROBLEMS THAT NEED TO BE SOLVED AT THE POOL LAYER.
GRAVITY WELL IS A HACK AGAINST A PROBLEM THAT WILL KEEP GETTING WORSE.
WE NEED COIN SOFTWARE THAT CAN BE UPDATED BY CREATIVE PEOPLE AS WELL AS DEEP CODERS.
GRAVITY WELL MAKES THAT MUCH HARDER.

The community in the long run is the life of the coin. Every coin has proved this principle. The more black magic there is in the code, the less the community is able to adapt and participate. This effectively kills the coin or makes it the province of established owners of the old system. SEE New York City HEARINGS. They don't understand it. They are afraid of it. They can't even compromise because it is all technowizardry to them. And yeah they're also trying to own it.
Pages:
Jump to: