Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow! - page 10. (Read 470628 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
January 23, 2014, 10:33:43 AM
I do not know if i am wright but for me it seems middlecoin has completly control on whats going on with CAT.
They de- or increse their hash sended to CAT to hold blocktime in target

The pools coinium, team catcoin and catpool pw only have a small rate of Nethash, all other have nearly no hash
Poolerino no longer has a pool for CAT.

If middlecoin stops mining we have a problem.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
January 23, 2014, 08:58:17 AM
Try to ask again: what are the biggest 3 pools for CAT out there?

You can follow them here: http://catcoins.biz/charts/#pools
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 23, 2014, 08:43:21 AM
For those of you wondering why we need a fork when things are looking up:
One well coordinated DDoS attack and the currency is toast.
Just because it's moving, doesn't mean it's safe.
Bitcoin's early success was due to proactive steps taken by developers and miners alike and we intend to follow that earlier model.

It´s OK, do it - Middlecoin seems to have the whole hash. If they went they leave us with a skyrocket diffi.

^THIS
Activity: 756
January 23, 2014, 07:46:50 AM
Bitcoin's early success was due to proactive steps taken by developers and miners alike and we intend to follow that earlier model.

It´s OK, do it - Middlecoin seems to have the whole hash. If they went they leave us with a skyrocket diffi.
Activity: 364
January 23, 2014, 07:07:53 AM
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 23, 2014, 06:07:59 AM
Try to ask again: what are the biggest 3 pools for CAT out there?
Activity: 560
January 23, 2014, 04:27:19 AM
F***ing Craptsy  Angry All my coins disappeared after a trade 2 hours ago... Created a support ticket and still no luck... Any body know shitty craptsy's IRC channel... ? Never ever gonna use this shitty exchange.. lesson learned...
Activity: 655
January 23, 2014, 01:48:27 AM
Do we even need a fork now that the coin is alive again?
Absolutely.  The coin's never been 'dead' Wink but absolutely can use some fine tuning.  The testnet's adjusting up and down nicely - I'm glad my double-moving average suggestion didn't make the cut.  Grin

What did "make the cut"? The twin moving average seemed like a good idea to me.
I thought so to, but that was tuned for a much faster coin.  It looks like it would be very slow for us.  We're testing a 1 block diff change based on the last 36 blocks (simple moving average) with a 12% rise/fall limit.  The rise was smooth and responsive on the testnet - now we're watching the descent after pulling the hashrate way down.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
January 23, 2014, 01:47:37 AM
Showtime.. someone put a 6 BTC buy wall at 6600

That's on top on the 10 BTC sitting at 4700 all day today.

edit - hah they took it away. Lot's of fun games.
Activity: 252
January 23, 2014, 01:10:58 AM
Catcoins can now be exchanged for precious metals!!!
http://www.mintagemastermind.com/index.html
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
January 23, 2014, 12:44:45 AM
The people buying and selling it don't care about the fork. It's about profits. They see the coin has
heavy activity which causes more people to jump in. After seeing DOGE go to 65 mil - CAT at 500-700k cap
is a bargain. All the signs are there.

There is a corral formed of a large sell order and buy order that is holding people in for the sweep up.
When the sweep is done the walls come down and they buy up to who knows where... 12k... 15k satoshi.
There are more than just one whale there.

We will find out either tonight or in the near future some other day soon. Weak hands fall and the rest hold
on. I'm not moving till this plays out. Already seen LOT and DOGE go up 5x so CAT isn't "ripe" yet.

Just some advice I would wait till after this "activity" does whatever it's going to do before doing anything
else with the coin specification adjustments related. I was part of this coin way back and I can say the constant scrambling
put me off. Still much respect.

Just hold on a minute and see where this goes before changing anything else. The difficulty change thing
is solved for now with the new price and I really don't think you will see any low prices again for at least weeks if ever.

Just keep working on stuff and after this peaks and then cools off then implement any new changes based
on what happens.

That is my view.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
January 23, 2014, 12:12:28 AM

He's alive only because some guys decided to pump it like never before, without even being sure to have any ROI from what I see.

CAT is a he?

Also, someone is trying to crash it right now, but it isn't working. Yes, it was pumped, but the buy support has to be there for a pump to work.

Anyway, I just raked in the CAT on that last shakedown. If you have some to dump, put up a sell order at the top of the list and see how long it lasts.

Yeah, always have this tendency to use he/she instead of it for objects/animals. I'm not a native english speaker.
That's what I'm talking about for the ROI. CAT was clearly pumped by a few guys, but I don't see the buy order support for it to be followed by a mega dump right now, probably using the few hundreds of thousands CAT instamined at the very launch of this coin (the biggest instamine feast I've witnessed for this past 2 months). That's why I believe they hope for the fork to happen soon enough to make the market stable and be able to dump their stack over a few days/weeks.

But maybe I'm imagining things Smiley
Activity: 742
January 23, 2014, 12:04:47 AM

He's alive only because some guys decided to pump it like never before, without even being sure to have any ROI from what I see.

CAT is a he?

Also, someone is trying to crash it right now, but it isn't working. Yes, it was pumped, but the buy support has to be there for a pump to work.

Anyway, I just raked in the CAT on that last shakedown. If you have some to dump, put up a sell order at the top of the list and see how long it lasts.

[addendum]

If you are watching right now on cryptsy, notice the disparity between the buy orders and the sell orders. Every transaction is a buy right now and there are no pump orders (the 0.00095100 is a glitch and has been stuck there all day). This coin doesn't need a pump.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
January 23, 2014, 12:00:13 AM

They probably are betting on a huge future interest of the community in this coin when the fork happens, or maybe they just like cats ?

Without the pump nor DOGE still attracting every multipool, the CAT would still be as dead as 2 days ago.

Yes the fork is absolutely needed.
Activity: 168
January 22, 2014, 11:57:15 PM
Absolutely.  The coin's never been 'dead' Wink but absolutely can use some fine tuning.  The testnet's adjusting up and down nicely - I'm glad my double-moving average suggestion didn't make the cut.  Grin

What did "make the cut"? The twin moving average seemed like a good idea to me.
January 22, 2014, 11:37:52 PM
Activity: 378
January 22, 2014, 11:22:42 PM
January 22, 2014, 09:50:51 PM
Just a quick update from DEVlandia...

I've compiled the testwallet with the new diff adjustment code (the fork 2 candidate) and it compiles, and runs as expected on Windows (it's already running on *nix).  I'm mining on Hozer's testnet to simulate a sudden increase in hashrate - we'll see exactly how the code works to adjust the difficulty.

It's looking very good so far - another 'good progress' day.   Cool

January 22, 2014, 09:27:45 PM
What are the most popular Catcoin pools out there right now?

middlecoin ? Smiley))
Girl, that's cold...  Wink
Activity: 168
January 22, 2014, 08:53:34 PM

nice find! watch out we'll announce a giveaway soon... you need to sign up - very simple in 20 seconds.
5 CATs for each of the first 50 meaningful comments supporting CAT
- 25 cats for 25th comment!
- 50 cats for 50st comment! Wink

315 CATs bounty giveaway announced!
http://www.reddit.com/r/catcoins/comments/1vub18/giveaway_cat_in_thedailybeast_cryptocoin_guide/

just a reminder - you can earn some CATs Wink we have 13 comments sofar ....
Pages:
Jump to: