Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 165. (Read 500112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
what is the current status of the api+monitoring, thinking to use it but I don't want to break anything in my own release ?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Today ive added WebSocket compatibility and made a sample realtime graph (970+750Ti on windows) :
last thing to do in the monitoring api is the json format (optional like cgminer)..

Good job.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
yep, im not so confident about one pool graph... But i need to compare also...
But its not related to the extranonce feature... which is not even used by most pools Wink its only one request on start in this case.

I have thested both the 1.5.0 and my modded version and they seem to report the correct hash on other pools like wafflepool, yaamp, and nicehash, so this seems to be a pool issue, but it might be a bug in ccminer as well.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
yep, im not so confident about one pool graph... But i need to compare also...

But its not related to the extranonce feature... which is not even used by most pools Wink its only one request on start in this case.

Today ive added WebSocket compatibility and made a sample realtime graph (970+750Ti on windows) :

last thing to do in the monitoring api is the json format (optional like cgminer)..
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Thx to coinut. So I had a look into it as well.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9704940

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Handofmidas, got some problems with this pool:

https://www2.coinmine.pl/drk/

The miner reports a hashrate of around 15-16MHASH, but the accepted shares are around 12MHASH

He used 2x GTX 970 @ 1500 mhz.

Left: my release14(1.5.0-spmod)
from 12:00: release8(1.4.9-spmod)
from 20:30: ccminer 1.5.0 (yours)

The 1.4.9 does not include the extranounce code.
legendary
this one is made for my version... i follow the other ones, but cant edit them
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
A suggestion tpruvot:

How about merging yours and sp_'s threads with the original CCminer thread, given that Christian updates the OP a bit to highlight other contributers since April 2013? I'll ask the same to Christian and sp_.

One CCminer thread would be much easier to follow then several as the case is now.
legendary
Dont trust all the antivirus tools.. they often flag qt installers... Because at the office you dont have to mine on your PC or use P2P software

I dont say all are 100% safe, but... mines are Wink
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I use Sandboxie with preventing any access to important folders like Program Files, User data, browser cookies, etc. That way whenever a wallet or miner won't start I know it wanted to do something sneaky.

Sorry for off topic, just curious: How often has that happened? Any specific coins?

Recently a lot, maybe 1 in about every 10 coins. It's mostly ninjas which gets deleted after the thread is spammed with "VIRUS". The latest one was Geekcoin, however supposedly it wasn't the dev, but the guy he paid for compiling the windows wallet and some people went with it. It wanted to plant an infected svchost.exe. Since I started using sandboxie (after I got fucked by one of these wallets) I have 76 wallet executables in my wallet folder and I have a few malicious wallets in there as well.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I use Sandboxie with preventing any access to important folders like Program Files, User data, browser cookies, etc. That way whenever a wallet or miner won't start I know it wanted to do something sneaky.

Sorry for off topic, just curious: How often has that happened? Any specific coins?
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Guys I posed a link on my blog to get the word out. If any of you want to be notified by email when new released come out, please sign up on my blog and youll be notified. http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/ccminer-1-5-0-x86-for-windows-released-3-hours-ago/
vegasguy says
>RULE#1 DONT EVER, EVER DOWNLOAD THE WALLET OF A NEW/UNKNOWN COIN ON YOUR "MAIN WALLET PC", ALWAYS DOWNLOAD NEW/UNKNOWN WALLET COINS TO A PC THAT HAS NO OTHER WALLETS!! <
vegasguy
where do you put all your wallets then?  Smiley

legendary
Seems to be a bug in benchmark mode. let it run for a while, and it will only display 0 hash.

I tried to fix that with the range stuff, its better now... but well... benchmark mode is not made to be run all the day Wink
legendary
EDIT:  I found the "API and Monitoring" instructions in the README.txt.  I have been able to connect, and run single commands, to my headless mining rigs.  However, the connection closes after each successful command.  Is this intended?
Thanks again.       -scryptr

Yes its intended, ccminer is a tool, not a server Wink Its made to keep low the number of connections, telnet is only a simple way to query data. Its made for tools like the sample php ui in api/ folder or any other monitor
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Seems to be a bug in benchmark mode. let it run for a while, and it will only display 0 hash.

Benchmark mode was always a bit wonky for me so when I test for speed, I just point the miner to a running random local wallet, the algo doesn't matter the wallet just needs to be in PoW phase.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Guys I posed a link on my blog to get the word out. If any of you want to be notified by email when new released come out, please sign up on my blog and youll be notified. http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/ccminer-1-5-0-x86-for-windows-released-3-hours-ago/
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
1.5.0 released, no new algo this time... heavy fixed on linux

Happy Thanksgiving!  A holiday for the harvest here in the USA.  I am mining with two 6-card 750ti rigs, and receiving 13680-13880 khash/s per rig with x13.  The error rate is really low compared to the early ccminer v1.2 variants, now 1-2% vs 10-15%.

How do you use the new API?  Perhaps you need a readme for the new interface.       -scryptr

EDIT:  I found the "API and Monitoring" instructions in the README.txt.  I have been able to connect, and run single commands, to my headless mining rigs.  However, the connection closes after each successful command.  Is this intended?

Basically, if you use the command "-b 0.0.0.0:4068" on your launch string, you can telnet to your localnet rig on port 4068.  Without the "-b" string above, localhost only access is allowed.  You can set the port differently, also, with the "-b" string.  When connected, typing "help" gives a list of API commands.

Thanks again.       -scryptr
legendary
1.5.0 released, no new algo this time... heavy fixed on linux
Jump to: