Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 24. (Read 500113 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I find that when mining with equihash(zcash), ccminer sometimes(50% chance) get stuck on the same old job even the stratum send out mining.notify with clean jobs = true which cause all the share submitted reject by the stratum. What is the problem?
Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !

i would like to use ethmonitoring with ccminer but:

i dont understand , idéa ?

thx

The API seems to be buggy - I can't get it to show anything in a browser after I set api bind with address and desired port number. Maybe we need to use a config file instead of command line params?

ok, it reassures me, I hope he will correct this @Epsylon3
Activity: 15
anyone pls help, i am using 1060 gamingx with default setting mem 0, core 0 but ccminer shows that it cost 145w, i have the other 1060 asus but it only 92w with same setting. thank you
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Can something be done about the long delay between a connection failure and quitting the miner on lyra2z on 2.2.3?

reduce intensity?
Activity: 35

thx

The API seems to be buggy - I can't get it to show anything in a browser after I set api bind with address and desired port number. Maybe we need to use a config file instead of command line params?
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Can something be done about the long delay between a connection failure and quitting the miner on lyra2z on 2.2.3?
bou !

thx
Activity: 144
Eager to learn
try it without space like this  ,,  -p x,c=ORE,d=64   should work if accepted by pool rules
Activity: 38
what is some advice on setting up Difficult Mining for the pool - https://yiimp.masterhash.us.
I tried - and so -p c = ORE d = 64 and so -p c = ORE, d = 64 and so -p (c = ORE d = 64) does not adjust to the given difficult.
This because the pool doesn't accept manual difficulty setup.
Activity: 96
what is some advice on setting up Difficult Mining for the pool - https://yiimp.masterhash.us.
I tried - and so -p c = ORE d = 64 and so -p c = ORE, d = 64 and so -p (c = ORE d = 64) does not adjust to the given difficult.
Activity: 57
Code:
*** ccminer 2.2.4 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
Self-compiled "cuda-9" branch on Linux with GTX 1060 3Gb.

I tried "keccak" (Maxcoin) on zpool.ca and noticed that the miner reports something like 400Mh/s, while on pool dashboard it's only about 40Mh/s (i.e. 10 times less).
What I'm doing wrong?
bou !
hello

I have this error on one of my rigs, do you have any idea of this error?

7x gtx 1070.

windows 10

]][URL=http://www.casimages.com/i/171218022214271429.jpg.html]]hello

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 3199
@Epsylon3 - I can't seem to find a way to open an issue on your Github project, so I'll post here my bug report.

Using Windows 10, Nvidia Titan X Pascal, driver 388.59, ccminer 2.2.3 cuda9 (.exe downloaded from GitHub).

Mining BTG on suprnova:

Code:
ccminer-x64.exe -o stratum+tcp://btg.suprnova.cc:8815 -a equihash -u user.worker -p pass

This was the first time I've mined equihash on this system.

After about 5 hours, the miner crashed:

Code:
[2017-12-14 06:46:09] GPU #0: TITAN X (Pascal), 471.78 Sol/s
[2017-12-14 06:46:09] accepted: 2491/2494 (diff 25.971), 474.97 Sol/s yes!
[2017-12-14 06:46:16] GPU #0: solver: CUDA error 'an illegal memory access was encountered' in func 'eq_cuda_context::solve' line 2052
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: TITAN X (Pascal), 388.80 Sol/s
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: an illegal memory access was encountered
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: scanhash_equihash:192 all CUDA-capable devices are busy or unavailable
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: init: CUDA: failed to alloc memory

C:\Users\user\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9>

The miner was the only app running at the time. The system was idle, no one was using it. The GPU was not overclocked - in fact it was underclocked, Afterburner was keeping it below 70% power usage, to keep the chip a bit cooler, and to prevent the fan from making too much noise.

I've mined lyra2ver2 on this system for weeks without issue. Never had mysterious crashes before, games run great.

I've restarted the miner and it's now been running just fine for about 3 hours.

Just to give you an idea I mined BTG for four hours straight and received no compensation from suprnova. I was connected and it showed I was hashing away but nothing was added to pending confirmations for four hours. BTG is dangerous to mine in my opinion. The other thing is power settings. I set mine at 72% not below 70%. I think equihash does better there. I've heard etherium can be done comfortably below 70%.

Try for equihash algo Coreclock +120 and memclock -250  tdp 100  get 740 on my 1080 ti Aorus 11 gb
bou !
can I explain how to use the API?

we must put ip address + port in the .bat, that I understood,

but then how do you view the rig stats?
clg
Activity: 7
BTW, for anyone building the cuda 9 branch on ubuntu 16.04, make sure that your LD_LIBRARY path includes references to both lib and lib64 when using CUDA 9 or 9.1.  I couldn't find the need to include lib64 anywhere, but the moment I did, things started compiling and mining fine (I also rebuilt my box from the ground up, so i can't confirm it was the magic thing, but I believe it was as I was encountering similar issues on the rebuilt box until I made the change).  I hope someone else finds this helpful.
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
Just to give you an idea I mined BTG for four hours straight and received no compensation from suprnova. I was connected and it showed I was hashing away but nothing was added to pending confirmations for four hours. BTG is dangerous to mine in my opinion.

In my experience suprnova can at times be slow to update their dashboards, and I've seen some of their pools taking a bit of time to move data through the pipeline. But this never went beyond a few hours, and in the end it was all good. I don't care about small delays like that as long as they don't drop my data.

I very strongly doubt the miner crashed because BTG is allegedly "dangerous to mine".

The other thing is power settings. I set mine at 72% not below 70%. I think equihash does better there. I've heard etherium can be done comfortably below 70%.

Each system is different and has its own sweet spot. Don't operate based on what you hear, do your own tests.

Crashes may occur if the GPU overheats, but mine was far from that. It doesn't make sense that the miner crashed because the power limit was set too low.

Nope...it mined for four hours and not once showed an increase in pending unconfirmed payments...I checked the next day and the only confirmed payments were for the work prior to when I observed that there we're no new payments. Suprnova has the largest btg pool so it should have blocked at least once during that time period. I think they fixed it but it spooked the hell out of me for trusting btg mining. I've had very little other problems mining other coins on suprnova. The miners we're not down because it was showing hashing on suprnova under the workers and my cards were pumping away and showing progress on my video monitor. I have no explanation other than something went wrong on the pool but there have been lots of problems with the btg group vs. suprnova.
Activity: 4
Just to give you an idea I mined BTG for four hours straight and received no compensation from suprnova. I was connected and it showed I was hashing away but nothing was added to pending confirmations for four hours. BTG is dangerous to mine in my opinion.

In my experience suprnova can at times be slow to update their dashboards, and I've seen some of their pools taking a bit of time to move data through the pipeline. But this never went beyond a few hours, and in the end it was all good. I don't care about small delays like that as long as they don't drop my data.

I very strongly doubt the miner crashed because BTG is allegedly "dangerous to mine".

The other thing is power settings. I set mine at 72% not below 70%. I think equihash does better there. I've heard etherium can be done comfortably below 70%.

Each system is different and has its own sweet spot. Don't operate based on what you hear, do your own tests.

Crashes may occur if the GPU overheats, but mine was far from that. It doesn't make sense that the miner crashed because the power limit was set too low.
Activity: 96
New version is .
more clearly explain.
Activity: 74
Merit: 1
@Epsylon3 - I can't seem to find a way to open an issue on your Github project, so I'll post here my bug report.

Using Windows 10, Nvidia Titan X Pascal, driver 388.59, ccminer 2.2.3 cuda9 (.exe downloaded from GitHub).

Mining BTG on suprnova:

Code:
ccminer-x64.exe -o stratum+tcp://btg.suprnova.cc:8815 -a equihash -u user.worker -p pass

This was the first time I've mined equihash on this system.

After about 5 hours, the miner crashed:

Code:
[2017-12-14 06:46:09] GPU #0: TITAN X (Pascal), 471.78 Sol/s
[2017-12-14 06:46:09] accepted: 2491/2494 (diff 25.971), 474.97 Sol/s yes!
[2017-12-14 06:46:16] GPU #0: solver: CUDA error 'an illegal memory access was encountered' in func 'eq_cuda_context::solve' line 2052
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: TITAN X (Pascal), 388.80 Sol/s
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: an illegal memory access was encountered
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: scanhash_equihash:192 all CUDA-capable devices are busy or unavailable
[2017-12-14 06:46:17] GPU #0: init: CUDA: failed to alloc memory

C:\Users\user\ccminer-x64-2.2.3-cuda9>

The miner was the only app running at the time. The system was idle, no one was using it. The GPU was not overclocked - in fact it was underclocked, Afterburner was keeping it below 70% power usage, to keep the chip a bit cooler, and to prevent the fan from making too much noise.

I've mined lyra2ver2 on this system for weeks without issue. Never had mysterious crashes before, games run great.

I've restarted the miner and it's now been running just fine for about 3 hours.

Just to give you an idea I mined BTG for four hours straight and received no compensation from suprnova. I was connected and it showed I was hashing away but nothing was added to pending confirmations for four hours. BTG is dangerous to mine in my opinion. The other thing is power settings. I set mine at 72% not below 70%. I think equihash does better there. I've heard etherium can be done comfortably below 70%.
Activity: 198
how to do failsafe pool?

I can´t find that info!
Pages:
Jump to: