Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 37. (Read 500113 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hi,

I'm running the tpruvot fork of ccminer, compiled from here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer on ubuntu systems. in general runs fine, for a large number of algorthims. OTOH, for equihash, I'm regularly getting the following style of errors:

Code:
[2017-10-29 18:02:15] accepted: 326/326 (diff 1778.741), 2119.71 Sol/s yes!
[2017-10-29 18:02:47] GPU #0: solver: CUDA error 'unspecified launch failure' in func 'solve' line
[2017-10-29 18:02:47] GPU #4: solver: CUDA error 'unspecified launch failure' in func 'solve' line
[2017-10-29 18:02:47] GPU #3: solver: CUDA error 'unspecified launch failure' in func 'solve' line
[2017-10-29 18:02:47] GPU #2: solver: CUDA error 'unspecified launch failure' in func 'solve' line
[2017-10-29 18:02:47] GPU #1: solver: CUDA error 'unspecified launch failure' in func 'solve' line
[2017-10-29 18:02:47] GPU #5: solver: CUDA error 'unspecified launch failure' in func 'solve' line
[2017-10-29 18:02:52] GPU #0: MSI GTX 1070, 353.70 Sol/s
[2017-10-29 18:02:52] GPU #0: unspecified launch failure
[2017-10-29 18:02:52] GPU #0: scanhash_equihash:192 all CUDA-capable devices are busy or unavailable
[2017-10-29 18:02:52] GPU #0: init: CUDA: failed to alloc memory

this is the version that ccminer returns:

Code:
$ ./ccminer --version
*** ccminer 2.2.2 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
    Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits

Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
  Include some kernels from alexis78, djm34, djEzo, tsiv and krnlx.

BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)

ccminer v2.2.2
libcurl/7.52.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/0.16 libpsl/0.17.0 (+libidn2/0.16) librtmp/2.3

this is how I'm invoking ccminer:

Code:
./ccminer -r 0 -a equihash -i 22 -o stratum+tcp://.... -u .... -p ...

and also for all other algorithms

I wonder how this can be resolved.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Well, for starters, go see yiimp pool, or zpool, select the algo of your choice, and click the miners tab.  You will see what people are mining on.  And their average speeds.  Or, go see benchs, and see what benchmarks there are, which will specify the miner.

Look around, search around, you'll find the droids you are looking for.
Activity: 54

Thanks sp_.

(Let me say something real quick kinda off the record / on the record to let everyone know where I am coming from. I DO understand there are some politics per se' involved here. Personal ego's, etc..... I get it. I really do. But I don't care if it's sp_mods, truvpot mods, or my grandmothers dildo's mods....I just want the fastest effin' miner and I don't know what that miner is. Hence my original question.)

Now, sp_, are you saying I should merge your 'bin' files (19 of them) with the truvpot version of ccminer 2.2.2? I eluded to that ? in the first post but never really got an answer.

I just want the fastest possible miner / or combo of miners and bins possible. A lot of people act like "everybody knows" how to accomplish this......and there's some people out there, like me, who don't know. Don't care about the politics. We just want answers.

So I ask again, is the fastest speeds some sort of hybrid "merged" system between sp_ and truvpot? Cause I don't know, and that's what I'm here to find out. Nothing more, nothing less.
Activity: 37
anybody else?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Activity: 37
1)How come on this page: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer  the ccminer.exe itself is never included? Is that a github thing or what? I've noticed this on many other executable files as well.

2) Is there any benefit to running the 32 bit over the x64 if my machine is x64? (Windows 7)

3) Assuming the link above is the latest and greatest, and I have the ccminer-x64.exe package as well, is there anything I need to do other than merge the two different folders into one?

4) Aside from using the command line options in the readme.txt, are there any other optimizations that people do? Or is everything simply handled by how you configure your .bat file and there's nothing more you can do? For example : I read somewhere that (crypto mining blog?) that someone had worked on the lyra2 part and it was getting a 10% better result. Do you guys download that lyra2 split off and use it separate or do you download it and merge the lyra2 part with what we already have?

5) Last one: ccminer 2.2.2 is by far my favorite miner. However, unless I am doing something wrong, it simply cannot beat other miners in certain areas. If I mine Mona (lyra2) coin with ccminer, and then I use EWBF's miner to compare, EWBF wins. Hands down. And that's ok. I understand there are limitations, etc. That's not a knock on this awesome miner. So my question then becomes, for you seasoned miners, what is your order of preference when this ccminer becomes not logical to use? I mean, we're all looking for the fastest miners, right?

So what miners for specific algo's or specific coins do you use when it's not logical to use this miner? Thanks in advance. 

1. exe files found here https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases
2. 32 bit builds are often faster
3. check in the releases link. 2.2.2 is the latest
4. The intensity setting can improve the hashrate . (-i in the batfile)
5. There are many different forks of ccminer. The fastest miners usually require a donation.

Can you give us the links or the names of the fastest miners that require donation..
Thanks
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
1)How come on this page: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer  the ccminer.exe itself is never included? Is that a github thing or what? I've noticed this on many other executable files as well.

2) Is there any benefit to running the 32 bit over the x64 if my machine is x64? (Windows 7)

3) Assuming the link above is the latest and greatest, and I have the ccminer-x64.exe package as well, is there anything I need to do other than merge the two different folders into one?

4) Aside from using the command line options in the readme.txt, are there any other optimizations that people do? Or is everything simply handled by how you configure your .bat file and there's nothing more you can do? For example : I read somewhere that (crypto mining blog?) that someone had worked on the lyra2 part and it was getting a 10% better result. Do you guys download that lyra2 split off and use it separate or do you download it and merge the lyra2 part with what we already have?

5) Last one: ccminer 2.2.2 is by far my favorite miner. However, unless I am doing something wrong, it simply cannot beat other miners in certain areas. If I mine Mona (lyra2) coin with ccminer, and then I use EWBF's miner to compare, EWBF wins. Hands down. And that's ok. I understand there are limitations, etc. That's not a knock on this awesome miner. So my question then becomes, for you seasoned miners, what is your order of preference when this ccminer becomes not logical to use? I mean, we're all looking for the fastest miners, right?

So what miners for specific algo's or specific coins do you use when it's not logical to use this miner? Thanks in advance. 

1. exe files found here https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases
2. 32 bit builds are often faster
3. check in the releases link. 2.2.2 is the latest
4. The intensity setting can improve the hashrate . (-i in the batfile)
5. There are many different forks of ccminer. The fastest miners usually require a donation.
Activity: 104
Merit: 11
I have some questions about ccminer:

what do you mean it's not included? It's in the releases section.

32bit generally faster.
Not sure what you wanna merge when we are talking about the compiled exe files.
Depending on the algo other ccminer versions may be faster, like Alexis at sibcoin. The only thing that can make a difference in command line is the intensity.

Ewbf? You're talking about an equihash miner, how do you mine Lyra with it? And yes, for equihash ewbf is faster. Although dstm's is even better.
I hope this helps.
Activity: 4
I'm trying to build ccminer on Ubuntu 16.04, but I keep getting an error that libcurl is unusable. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it's finding the curl-config file in the anaconda3 directory but I don't know how to fix that short of deleting it from anaconda so it doesn't get detected. I have tried installing the libcurl4-openssl-dev package for the header files but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Code:
checking for curl-config... /opt/anaconda3/bin/curl-config
checking for the version of libcurl... 7.55.1
checking for libcurl >= version 7.15.2... yes
checking whether libcurl is usable... no
configure: error: Missing required libcurl >= 7.15.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Activity: 54
I have some questions about ccminer:

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
anyone can help me with this error

Code:
r-util.Tpo -c -o ccminer-util.o `test -f 'util.cpp' || echo './'`util.cpp
ccminer.cpp:49:26: fatal error: cuda_runtime.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:1772: recipe for target 'ccminer-ccminer.o' failed
make[2]: *** [ccminer-ccminer.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/ccminer-hefty1.Tpo .deps/ccminer-hefty1.Po
mv -f .deps/ccminer-pools.Tpo .deps/ccminer-pools.Po
mv -f .deps/ccminer-util.Tpo .deps/ccminer-util.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xky/Downloads/ccminer-linux'
Makefile:2198: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xky/Downloads/ccminer-linux'
Makefile:653: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Got this error when try to build.sh

Probably, your CUDA is not properly installed. Also, you should probably modify your PATH, something like this in .bash_profile:
Code:
export CUDA_HOME=/usr/local/cuda-8.0
export PATH=${PATH}:$CUDA_HOME/bin:$CUDA_HOME/lib64
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
For the developers,
just curious about one aspect.

You have setup CUDA threads to be 256 threads per block.

If they were just 1 thread per block, would the result of the computation still be correct?
So 256 is just for performance or is also a requirement for ccminer to correctly do its job?

Thanks
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
Hi,
why this ccminer version has that low lyra2v2 hashrate?
I use one old verison where is default intesity set at 22 and hasrate is 70Mh/s at 1080Ti. With this version I cannot go over 60MH/s, because intesity is set to 20 and when I try go up ccminer crash.

Yes Im questioning this also. I'm getting 185 mh on 2.2.1 and on nicehash miner with 1.7.6 I'm getting 214 mhs. this is substantial and driving me nuts if I want to mine mona coin or vert coin. whats up with this tpruvot?

For lyra2rev2 algo use this fork of ccminer 2.2, https://github.com/Nanashi-Meiyo-Meijin/ccminer gives much better result than stock ccminer.
Activity: 40
Please add power usage stats, like in EWBF Smiley
Activity: 30
anyone can help me with this error

Code:
r-util.Tpo -c -o ccminer-util.o `test -f 'util.cpp' || echo './'`util.cpp
ccminer.cpp:49:26: fatal error: cuda_runtime.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:1772: recipe for target 'ccminer-ccminer.o' failed
make[2]: *** [ccminer-ccminer.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/ccminer-hefty1.Tpo .deps/ccminer-hefty1.Po
mv -f .deps/ccminer-pools.Tpo .deps/ccminer-pools.Po
mv -f .deps/ccminer-util.Tpo .deps/ccminer-util.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xky/Downloads/ccminer-linux'
Makefile:2198: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xky/Downloads/ccminer-linux'
Makefile:653: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Got this error when try to build.sh

Activity: 74
Merit: 1
Hi,

I use one old verison where is default intesity set at 22 and hasrate is 70Mh/s at 1080Ti. With this version I cannot go over 60MH/s, because intesity is set to 20 and when I try go up ccminer crash.

Yes Im questioning this also. I'm getting 185 mh on 2.2.1 and on nicehash miner with 1.7.6 I'm getting 214 mhs. this is substantial and driving me nuts if I want to mine mona coin or vert coin. whats up with this tpruvot?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Here is a feature request, please consider adding a ping display to the current pool. Either by running a ping periodically or how long it takes for queries back and forth. This would be very helpful for diagnosing the health of the pool you're connected to.

You can access ping through ccminer api

That's not the same as showing it in the console when it's mining and are you sure that's a pool ping verse a ping to the ccminer client?
Activity: 19
Hi,

Activity: 5
Hello - this is my first post on this forum  Cool

I am trying to mine VERGE XVG on ethos. I have updated to ccminer 2.2.2 and use NVIDIA GTX 1060's

However - I get the following message -  any help would be appreciated

RPC problem. Probably couldn't connect. Retrying in 2s
Getting work package...
Failed to submit hashrate
Dynamic exception type: jsonrpc::JsonRpcException
std::exception::what: Exception -32003 : Client connector error: lib curl error :7 -> Could not connect to http://127.0.0.1:8080/MyMiner

Anyone maybe know what I am doing wrong ?
Activity: 11
how important is cuda for ccminer v2.2.2 (or generaly ccminer)
I installed regular nvidia driver (think it is 385..), and used v2.2

But version v2.2.1 have cuda9, and v2.2.2 have version for cuda 7.5 and cuda 9..
So i installed cuda 9 and drivers are fu*ked up.. Monitor can't work and TW is only solution to see what is going on.
Once I enter TW I see large files (like no drivers installed)

So I need to reinstall Windows 10 again, but wondering, should i install cuda 9, cuda 7.5, or just latest nvidia drivers?
IS there bust in preformance with cuda drivers ?

Since I got error with Visual Studio, when installing cuda 9.

Pages:
Jump to: