Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop - page 2. (Read 26566 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Dev,

How many individuals have claimed cda so far? 
How many individuals have not claimed cda so far?

Any awareness push among Canadian citizens on your part?

Thank you.

thanks for asking...

Canadian claimants have been disappointing. Less than 50 signups to date.

Money was spent on facebook ads, press releases were made for the Airdrop and there has been active push on our facebook and twitter pages, as well as some SEO work done for organic search results.

We have an Ambassador Rewards (aka Affiliate reward program) to help users spread the word. Users get 147 coins for each referral that also signs up.

We need to find an innovative way to disperse hundreds of millions of coins to Canadians for free.  Open to your feedback, and involvement if you want to help push things along.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Happy to announce the addition of our new CanadaCoin faucet.  

Come grab some free CanadaCoins!

http://www.cryptoblox.com/faucets/CanadaCoin/

ps I've contributed a small amount to get things flowing, please feel free to donate some more and raise some awareness for CanadaCoin!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Dev,

How many individuals have claimed cda so far? 
How many individuals have not claimed cda so far?

Any awareness push among Canadian citizens on your part?

Thank you.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
You're welcome Dev. You mention the single most important thing to do (right from get-go) to avoid loss of coin. I've got several back-ups on more than one kind of media and in different locations as well.  Smiley
Probably more relevant when POW mining transactions were still incoming to wallet, but generally speaking, I think still a good practice, is too always first sync wallet before staking. I had to learn this lesson when some of my POW coins got "stuck" in the blockchain and didn't show up in my wallet. Had to download blockchain from scratch to "loosen up" those coins. Thanks Chris for your help  to get it sorted out : )

thanks for the tip..and also don't forget to backup wallet before ( to a location off your computer) and  encyrpted in case something ever goes wrong with your computer or wallet
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
Probably more relevant when POW mining transactions were still incoming to wallet, but generally speaking, I think still a good practice, is too always first sync wallet before staking. I had to learn this lesson when some of my POW coins got "stuck" in the blockchain and didn't show up in my wallet. Had to download blockchain from scratch to "loosen up" those coins. Thanks Chris for your help  to get it sorted out : )

For those that missed the POW mining phase and want to get some free CDA (everyone, not just Canadians)

http://coinok.pw/faucet/cda/

50,000 CDA loaded from the airdrop funds

limit to one pull per hour
i think its just going really slow.

got any extra nodes to speed it up?

we've added three additional nodes to speed up wallet load. please add this to the .conf file

addnode=108.61.205.26
addnode=108.61.199.77
addnode=108.61.224.170
My Husband is a Canadian Citizen how can he claim his coins? Smiley

have him download a wallet at:

http://www.canadacoin.org/getstarted_canadacoin/

obtain his CDA wallet address from the receiving tab

and then fill out the form at:

http://www.canadacoin.org/canada-day-airdrop-signup/

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
My Husband is a Canadian Citizen how can he claim his coins? Smiley
Have you tried to create a new wallet from scratch lately ?

just tried loading a new MacOSX with no problem..syncing is slow. we are adding more nodes today to speed it up.

I'll post these shortly

Are there any other issues you are having?
Activity: 126
Have you tried to create a new wallet from scratch lately ?
Proof of Work for CanadaCoin has now ended.  There's still a couple of people mining at the Official Pool.  Folks, you're wasting hash rate cuz there ain't no more blocks to me mined...  move your rigs to another coin/pool!   Wink

Everyone should now withdraw your coins to a personal wallet or exchange.  Thanks, again, to all who mined at the Official Pool!

Regards,

Chris

yes, the POW has now ended...POS blocks will continue of course for all those who have coins.

thanks for all your assistance with the pool, Chris!
Activity: 216
Proof of Work for CanadaCoin has now ended.  There's still a couple of people mining at the Official Pool.  Folks, you're wasting hash rate cuz there ain't no more blocks to me mined...  move your rigs to another coin/pool!   Wink

Everyone should now withdraw your coins to a personal wallet or exchange.  Thanks, again, to all who mined at the Official Pool!

Regards,

Chris
Activity: 319
Merit: 251
@canadacoin147:  I'll respond to your questions about my air drop in a minute, but first....

we should enter into 100% POS later today! mine your CanadaCoin while you can.

You're right!  I hadn't noticed that.  There's 514,800 blocks for PoW and we're currently on block 514,284 or so.  So, PoW mining is going to end in the next few hours.

I'll be leaving the Official Pool up and running for awhile after we go to pure PoS so that folks can withdraw their coins to a wallet or exchange.  If you have a very large balance on the Pool, please withdraw your coins in small batches (5,000 CDA or less per withdrawal) as there have been problems with large withdrawals.  And, of course, if you do have problems with a withdrawal let me know at pool_op[at]canadacoin.org and I'll help you out.

Finally, plenty of advance notice will be given when we do finally shutdown the Pool, but it's a good idea to withdraw your coins soon after we go to pure PoS.

Thanks, again, to everyone who's mined with us!

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris for running the Pool!

Let me know what to mine next and I'll keep my POS running!

Tom
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
any reason why the walletpassphrase command doesnt seem to recognize my pword properly? keeps say password is not correct. However, the unlock wallet button accepts the password fine but not sure that it only unlocks the wallet for minting...i think sends can still be done which is a problem for security.
Damned dyslexia!   Roll Eyes

LOL!

Sorry!

Chris
@canadacoin147:  I'll respond to your questions about my air drop in a minute, but first....

we should enter into 100% POS later today! mine your CanadaCoin while you can.

You're right!  I hadn't noticed that.  There's 514,800 blocks for PoW and we're currently on block 514,284 or so.  So, PoW mining is going to end in the next few hours.

I'll be leaving the Official Pool up and running for awhile after we go to pure PoS so that folks can withdraw their coins to a wallet or exchange.  If you have a very large balance on the Pool, please withdraw your coins in small batches (5,000 CDA or less per withdrawal) as there have been problems with large withdrawals.  And, of course, if you do have problems with a withdrawal let me know at pool_op[at]canadacoin.org and I'll help you out.

Finally, plenty of advance notice will be given when we do finally shutdown the Pool, but it's a good idea to withdraw your coins soon after we go to pure PoS.

Thanks, again, to everyone who's mined with us!

Regards,

Chris

note: POW blocks should end at 518400, not 514800
LOL!  Look what just showed up:

Regards,  Chris
Ok, sounds good.  I'll wait and see what shows up once the wallet catches up.  I sent you an e-mail about the Pool and end of PoW.

Chris
Pages:
Jump to: