Author

Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted. - page 309. (Read 739165 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Sorry, cant resist chiming in:

In fairness to the devs, a lot of this is beyond their control. People are blaming whales but I think the single biggest factor are small fry baghlders who keep selling their coins, for pennies, into every attempt CINNI makes to stage a recovery past the 9000 level. I mean too many people are set to dump their small holdings anytime CINNI makes an effort to break out of this stagnation.

Devs could certainly be doing more, but can you blame one of them (community dev) for hedging their bets on a rising winner - wouldn't you? Who wants to commit all their time to what might be a dead/dying coin. I'd diversify - it's common sense.

I still think there's a chance CINNI might break out of this, but the other possibility to worry about is turning into a ZEIT with low transaction volume at risk of being delisted:
https://www.mintpal.com/market/ZEIT/BTC

yeah he can buy w/e coin he wishes if he is not dedicated, but comon, use the cinni twitter to promote other coins? wtf is that about, just create another fukin twitter and start over your precious XC if want, instead of clearing fud from cinni, he says is a waiste of time, but he clears XC fud with CINNI account? now i see why as soon as start rising everyone dumps. how can you gain trust in here with actions like that?

Yeah, I see your point, and if you check my post history you'll see I'm the one who originally raised this issue (I did a count of his recent bitcointalk posts on CINNI and on XC's thread).

I do think there is an argument to be made - cinni community dev should at least be using popularity and exposure from XC to help CINNI.
Activity: 224
Sorry, cant resist chiming in:

In fairness to the devs, a lot of this is beyond their control. People are blaming whales and even I partially blame the devs, but I think the single biggest factor are the little guys - the small fry baghlders who keep selling their coins, for pennies, into every attempt CINNI makes to stage a recovery past the 9000 level. I mean too many people are poised over their keyboards, set to dump their small holdings anytime CINNI makes an effort to crawl out of this stagnation (or their bots are).

Devs could certainly be doing more, but can you blame one of them (community dev) for hedging their bets on a rising winner - wouldn't you? Who wants to commit all their time to what might be a dead/dying coin. I'd diversify - it's common sense.

I still think there's a chance CINNI might break out of this, but the other possibility to worry about is that it turns into a ZEIT with low transaction volume, at risk of being delisted:
https://www.mintpal.com/market/ZEIT/BTC
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
The same here.

i havent been paid from the multipool in a few days..
The same here
Unconfirmed Cinni Earned:
Confirmed Cinni Earned:
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
Apparently the client stops syncing at block 87300....
nov
Activity: 433
Merit: 251
Independent crypto developer
The same here.

cod
Activity: 122

I was paid on the 28th, but not yesterday.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
with all the current X11 coins floating around with good daily flow of BTC, why has the multipool not added any of these?
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
is there any plans from the Dev ? wake up to coin alive again ?

Yes.  Anon Encrypted Messaging with updated GUI + chat room is the plan.  Expect a wallet release soon.

great, but why are you involving cinni with another copycoin like x11 XC ? Are their devs doing any work for Cinni?  Is the multipool mining and dumping to support Cinni?  It doesnt make any sense for community manager for Cinni supporting another coin, especially one that may turn out to be another scamcoin. :\

I do not understand ... can you explain please? dev cinni is the same as XC?

not at all, the community manager invest some in xc also thats all, cinni devs are exclusive to cinni

the community manager also says he is a dev for cinni and is now using the @cinniteam twitter account to support/endorse another coins dev.  He made more posts supporting this XC/x11 copycoin over its issues then Cinni this last week. Why care about another dev and his darkcoin clone?  Or if his code is unique or not? Or if identity is real or not. Is it part of some strategy to benefit Cinni somehow?  Huh

Activity: 353
Activity: 609
Merit: 500

Yes.  Anon Encrypted Messaging with updated GUI + chat room is the plan.  Expect a wallet release soon.

great, but why are you involving cinni with another copycoin like x11 XC ? Are their devs doing any work for Cinni?  Is the multipool mining and dumping to support Cinni?  It doesnt make any sense for community manager for Cinni supporting another coin, especially one that may turn out to be another scamcoin. :\

I do not understand ... can you explain please? dev cinni is the same as XC?
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

Activity: 574
I've been busy all night and now my cinnicoin wallet is doing the same shit as above on the exchange. 

The only way to fix this is to go to a backup of the wallet?  Why did this happen in the first place?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I've read through this thread and performed some fixes like this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6878381 but I'm not sure my wallet is staking correctly and at this point I'm just glad all of my coins are accounted for because I thought I had lost them all.

I was gone over the weekend and left my wallet open and unlocked (new wallet). When I returned Monday night I had all of these mined coin transactions that appeared about every hour and it was way more often and a larger amount than I should have been staking for the amount of coins I have in my wallet; however, all of them except for the first two (out of about 80 mined coin transactions) were grayed-out. The first two transactions were on the 25th and the 27th.

Thinking I had an old or bad wallet I downloaded the one currently linked on the first page. I deleted everything in the roaming folder and replaced my backed-up wallet.dat. When I started the new wallet .exe and it updated as far as the blockchain is concerned, I was left with only about 10 coins.

The next thing I did was follow this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6878381. That worked, meaning I regained my coins and it got rid of all of the grayed out staking transactions, but after leaving it open for about 15 minutes, my wallet balance doubled?? I tried to send some coins to Mintpal as a test and got an error message about an incorrect amount of coins and all of my coins disappeared again.

Starting over, I deleted everything related to the freakin wallet and ran the latest wallet again. I put my old backed-up wallet.dat in place and now I have the correct amount of coins, but I'm back to square one where I have all of these grayed-out stake transactions.

My question is this: Is there an easy way to tell if my wallet is OK and I'm on the right fork, etc. Please explain to me like I'm a 4 year old. Thanks.

No matter what I tried I couldn't get my wallet working correctly. If I tried to send any amount of coins to any destination, I would get the "You are trying to send coins that have already been spent..." message (or something like that). The coins I tried to send would disappear from my wallet until I did a welletrepair at the console. Sometimes, my total balance would increase by 10-100% randomly. I've fixed the problem, however, and this is how:

• I closed the wallet (was using the newest wallet).
  • I made a copy of my current wallet.dat just in case (I named it badwallet.dat).
  • I deleted everything in the roaming folder.
  • I downloaded another copy of the newest wallet (just for giggles).
  • I put a wallet.dat that I saved when I first got into cinni, before I had any balance, in the roaming folder.
  • I launched the new wallet that I just downloaded and let it sync. I had to close and restart the wallet several times as it seemed to get stuck downloading the blockchain.

Now I have a working wallet that no longer has all of those grayed-out mining transactions. I'm glad I've made a habit of encrypting my wallet and backing it up before I do anything with a coin. I hope everyone else does this as well.

If someone else has the same problem I hope this helps.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I am staking again, yay!

did a fresh pull from git repository and changed file permissions on my encrypted (but unlocked) wallet.

not sure which had the desired effect but regardless i am back in the cinni! Smiley

new wallet build would still need a build dir created upon qmake and boost lib/paths blanked out for a clean make across systems.
Activity: 353

Good skills!

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Good skills!
Activity: 324

+1!!!
Activity: 616

Jump to: