Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CommunityCoin (COMM) | Pure PoS | Original COMM MultiPools Coming Soon - page 8. (Read 523781 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

just refreshing my memory Smiley been  a long time …
v1.5 (the official version) had some issue with accepting the POS changeover at teh 1 year mark.

to get around this, i setup the new codebase and client above.

from memory, it was only a problem for minting ?? lol i cant entirely recall without trolling the thread backwards .. ..
legendary
Our team obtained many of the cryptocurrencies that were frozen on Cryptsy's servers when the exchange collapsed. The CommunityCoin wallet.dat was among those recovered.

We are now in the process of giving these wallet files back to their respective communities. The wallet has not been inspected and it's unknown if it contains any coins. If you are a developer of this coin, or a longstanding community member, you can file a request for the wallet in this thread: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3789.0

i've replied and offered to take the cryptsy wallet.
if i receive it i will let everyone know what's in it.

i havent had a wallet going for quite a while.
does anyone have any nodes?

not to worry, seem like plenty here
http://crypto-trade.net/nodestat

currently am syncing a new wallet with a few connections, all on height 987465,
from memory i have some COMM so might be able to move the chain along again
Code:
addnode=1.34.180.245:20801
addnode=51.254.196.222:58150
addnode=118.232.9.247:50000
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Should this wallet work on Fedora? I’ve used it fine with Lubuntu before, but seem to be missing dependencies when trying to install on Fedora.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Our team obtained many of the cryptocurrencies that were frozen on Cryptsy's servers when the exchange collapsed. The CommunityCoin wallet.dat was among those recovered.

We are now in the process of giving these wallet files back to their respective communities. The wallet has not been inspected and it's unknown if it contains any coins. If you are a developer of this coin, or a longstanding community member, you can file a request for the wallet in this thread: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3789.0
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
anyone else's blockchain sync stuck on Mar 13 block 987465?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Is COMM still alive and kicking ? I know this coin had a really big community base but they have seemed to all fade away....

Maybe they can band together and revive it if there is still any of them left or maybe jump ship to another Free Community based coin like FWEE for instance, wouldn't you like some free fwee ? hahahaha

COMM is dead!
Delete your wallet.dat e forget this. Is better.

I think FWEE is headed in the same direction as COMM...

No Buyers, No Interest, No Use... It is very sad to see community projects die.
Yes That is true ...But COMM was a nice old story
Clone coins which offers nothing will always eventually die.

yea.. mostly

Isn't that what altcoins are all about.... how much of a community you can bring in to make it successful with a use & last a while like DOGE.

Kind of... New coins should be about New innovations... Not how much one can hype it up. Doge doesnt really have a use, it is popular but there is nothing special about it. It's not far from the bitcoin-core. Doge has no significant different use than bitcoin does.

Other coins such as Burst, Sia, NEM, etc... are all bringing new ideas and innovations to the table. Whether they have a community backing (or not so much, like QORA) the intrinsic value of the coin relies on much more than "what people are willing to pay for it".

Wow... you do know altcoins are just play money...

Why did you copy me ? or did you mean "Yes That is true ...But COMM was a nice old story" instead ?
Activity: 746
Merit: 509
TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER
Is COMM still alive and kicking ? I know this coin had a really big community base but they have seemed to all fade away....

Maybe they can band together and revive it if there is still any of them left or maybe jump ship to another Free Community based coin like FWEE for instance, wouldn't you like some free fwee ? hahahaha

COMM is dead!

Yes That is true ...But COMM was a nice old story

yea.. mostly

Isn't that what altcoins are all about.... how much of a community you can bring in to make it successful with a use & last a while like DOGE.

Kind of... New coins should be about New innovations... Not how much one can hype it up. Doge doesnt really have a use, it is popular but there is nothing special about it. It's not far from the bitcoin-core. Doge has no significant different use than bitcoin does.

Other coins such as Burst, Sia, NEM, etc... are all bringing new ideas and innovations to the table. Whether they have a community backing (or not so much, like QORA) the intrinsic value of the coin relies on much more than "what people are willing to pay for it".

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

COMM is dead!

yea.. mostly

Activity: 8
To calculate the hashrate for, use what you would for Bitcoin but do 2^16 instead of 2^32. Something related to 'target bits' and I haven't fully looked into it but the numbers I get back are reasonably accurate. Certain pool front-ends also use this math for their calculations.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

COMM is dead!

yea.. mostly

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

COMM is dead!

yea.. mostly

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-trade-official-announcement-10-fiat-365-crypto-5300-pairs-1604225
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

COMM is dead!

yea.. mostly
Activity: 350

COMM is dead!

COMM is dead!

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Premium

COMM is dead!

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
this unionshare thing looks interesting Smiley
at the moment, it's the only thing you can really do with COMM . lol

seemingly, you send them a copy of your (encrypted) wallet.dat, with your UNS web wallet account name, and you get some UNS in a few days (after the 18th)

i assume BTER will support the exchange of COMM on their exchange already.
that article in above post (in chinese, https://bter.com/article/6580) suggests that all coins on the site will be auto exchanged.

with deposits and trading closed. i'm curious if depositing will work Wink
https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/COMM
(it shows my old COMM deposit address. is it still connected? i'm not going to test lol)

So you get to keep both UNS and COMM then.
legendary
this unionshare thing looks interesting Smiley
at the moment, it's the only thing you can really do with COMM . lol

seemingly, you send them a copy of your (encrypted) wallet.dat, with your UNS web wallet account name, and you get some UNS in a few days (after the 18th)

i assume BTER will support the exchange of COMM on their exchange already.
that article in above post (in chinese, https://bter.com/article/6580) suggests that all coins on the site will be auto exchanged.

with deposits and trading closed. i'm curious if depositing will work Wink
https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/COMM
(it shows my old COMM deposit address. is it still connected? i'm not going to test lol)
Activity: 28
No,unionshares free swap,the reason of we need the wallet.dat just for checking coin quantity

why would anyone send their wallet.dat file...clearly this is a scam.
you could send an encrypted one, which would still show the balance.
yes Grin

Now btc38&bter provide the redeem work for their users
pls refer to
http://www.btc38.com/general/10099.html
https://bter.com/article/6580.
Pages:
Jump to: