Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CorgiCoin (CORG) - Come strut with us! Now on CoinedUp! - page 51. (Read 141152 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Mined this 24 hours and got over 1 million coins. It's definitely shades of DOGE from December. Tongue

I like it, but a 1 billion premine means that this won't go anywhere unless a significant portion of that is distributed fairly. The 666 million premine from SaturnCoin and lack of distribution caused it to pretty much go DOA. That's now worth 5 satoshi on a 3rd rate exchange with no volume (aka worthless).

The easiest way to distribute imo would be to have one giant lottery for all miners. Distribute it so that everyone wins something, with the highest getting maybe 10M coins? And the lowest 1000? Keep 100-250M of that original 1B stash for yourselves (making it effectively a much more reasonable 0.1-0.25% premine, but I'd lean towards 0.1% for a 100B total coin) and if this coin goes places you'll have a solid 10... 20... 30 BTC worth and etc. Otherwise you'll run into the same problem that SaturnCoin dev found - can't dump even "2 BTC worth" without it going to or even below 1 satoshi.
Actually the best way to use that premine is through marketing.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
the hashrate drop dramaticly,  Huh
Activity: 644
Mined this 24 hours and got over 1 million coins. It's definitely shades of DOGE from December. Tongue

I like it, but a 1 billion premine means that this won't go anywhere unless a significant portion of that is distributed fairly. The 666 million premine from SaturnCoin and lack of distribution caused it to pretty much go DOA. That's now worth 5 satoshi on a 3rd rate exchange with no volume (aka worthless).

The easiest way to distribute imo would be to have one giant lottery for all miners. Distribute it so that everyone wins something, with the highest getting maybe 10M coins? And the lowest 1000? Keep 100-250M of that original 1B stash for yourselves (making it effectively a much more reasonable 0.1-0.25% premine, but I'd lean towards 0.1% for a 100B total coin) and if this coin goes places you'll have a solid 10... 20... 30 BTC worth and etc. Otherwise you'll run into the same problem that SaturnCoin dev found - can't dump even "2 BTC worth" without it going to or even below 1 satoshi.
Activity: 63
corgicoin need some market campaign Smiley
Activity: 70
will i make money on this coin?

Yes, kittehcoin started as fun project too but it got big popularity..... I think price will be 20-30 satoshi when corgi will be on cryptsy

Price will eventually rise even if it hits coinmarket/coinedup.

I wrote to the admin of http://www.gocorgi.com/forums/forum.php I hope they let me publish the announce on their big forum :-)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Yes, kittehcoin started as fun project too but it got big popularity..... I think price will be 20-30 satoshi when corgi will be on cryptsy

Price will eventually rise even if it hits coinmarket/coinedup.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Yes every coin with such volume can make money, looking at leaf and moon Cool
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Join our professional mining pool at:
http://corg.altcoinpool.org/
100% uptime
Amazon EC2 Server with load balancer

Activity: 490
thimo the dev
No the "developers" aka "cloners" are going to dump their premine when this hits a notable exchange and not give a fuck about the rest.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
Activity: 490
thimo the dev
"That's true, we did premine in the sense that we were mining with just friends / social associates - probably 20 or so people in the first day before we even knew posting on BCT was 'the thing'.
Honestly, we didn't even know there was a 'protocol' we had to follow for making people happy about coins; we really are just doing this for fun / experience - nothing malevolent intended.
Sorry if that upsets anyone; we're new to the coin launching business Smiley
Keep an eye on our upcoming foundation site to see what we're planning to do with any coins our team personally mined early; this is a lot less about quick schemes and more about doing good for our communities.
Cheers!"

This is coming from the dev, what a load of shit.
Activity: 5
How long it should take to sync the wallet for the first time?
I'm, always getting "Out of sync" message.
Also it would be nice, if client has sync progress bar, lite in litecoin client.

Hi Padonak!

We're working on some improvements to the progress / sync messaging in the client.

In the meantime, make sure you have your corgicoin.conf in your data folder loaded with the addnodes.

If you need help, feel free to PM us!

I've added nodes into .conf file and left client open for couple hours and it' has got synced.

Thank's for your help.

Join our professional mining pool at:
http://corg.altcoinpool.org/
100% uptime
Amazon EC2 Server with load balancer

Why corg.altcoinpool.org disable withdraw?
Double payout issue, I fixed the error and reactivated withdrawal already. So sorry for the inconvenience.
And I didn't touch your balance, I will take it as my loss. But donation back to the pool is much appriciated Smiley
Activity: 14
Hashrate is stable, yesterday peak at 4.2 giga was not sustainable.
Slow growth is best growth  Smiley

But it's good for strong coin, and he is still new and weak, losing Hashrate can be devastating for him. The bad thing for the good coin as it sucks accepted Currency exchange
Activity: 602

agree
Activity: 70
Activity: 56
How long it should take to sync the wallet for the first time?
I'm, always getting "Out of sync" message.
Also it would be nice, if client has sync progress bar, lite in litecoin client.

Hi Padonak!

We're working on some improvements to the progress / sync messaging in the client.

In the meantime, make sure you have your corgicoin.conf in your data folder loaded with the addnodes.

If you need help, feel free to PM us!

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
Why corg.altcoinpool.org disable withdraw?
Pages:
Jump to: