Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [CPU mining] Yenten v2.0.1 [YTN] [YescryptR16] [Exchange avilable] - page 9. (Read 147084 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Activity: 12
Hello me and friends we are with a group in Telegram debating the best way not to let Yenten die we have a Dev who is willing to embrace the cause who wants to participate below the link let's revive this beautiful Crypto currency.  Wink Wink

http://t.me/YentenDiscussion
Activity: 32
Yenten v 2.0.1 was attacked by CVE-2018-17144, and more than 84 million illegal currencies scheduled to be mined by Yenten are circulating.
The Yenten community succeeded in eliminating the illegal block of old V1.3.1 wallet unaffected by CVE - 2018 - 17144.
The mining pool has changed the wallet to V1.3.1. YentenExplorer has also been changed to V1.3.1.
Most users want to migrate to V1.3.1. Please change to V1.3.1 on the exchange.

We appreciate the developers in each country who were devoted to eliminating fraudulent chains.

Yeah Yenten is not dead, community will revive it!
Activity: 65
Yenten v 2.0.1 was attacked by CVE-2018-17144, and more than 84 million illegal currencies scheduled to be mined by Yenten are circulating.
The Yenten community succeeded in eliminating the illegal block of old V1.3.1 wallet unaffected by CVE - 2018 - 17144.
The mining pool has changed the wallet to V1.3.1. YentenExplorer has also been changed to V1.3.1.
Most users want to migrate to V1.3.1. Please change to V1.3.1 on the exchange.

We appreciate the developers in each country who were devoted to eliminating fraudulent chains.
Activity: 325
Merit: 26
because it is invest and minero friends this coin since its announcement with much sadness I saw its fall, I just do not understand what it takes a developer to make a project as great as yenten and abandor from one hour to another.   Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Huh

This shows he wasnt serious at all + he cashed out probably, with nice profit..
Activity: 12
because it is invest and minero friends this coin since its announcement with much sadness I saw its fall, I just do not understand what it takes a developer to make a project as great as yenten and abandor from one hour to another.   Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Huh
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
the way the main developer reacts to things is very bad. if he will continue to noresponding to questions and outrage from the community, he will not have any associates in such a difficult task.
Activity: 63
NEWS:
https://trade.multicoins.org/market/MC-YTN - downgrade to Yenten 1.3.1
the exchange is not enough 75 000 YTN
Worth a buy order 100 000 ytn - who wants to go out - sell.

Not exactly the biggest exchange but still great news! So 1.3.1 coins are actually an accepted currency now!

luckypool is still mining the v2.0 with around 90 KH/s
they didn't answer e-mails asking them to switch to v1.3

Luckypool admin is also offline in discord. Kinda strange. Seems he went offline after people tried to explain the problems with 2.0.1 to him and as far as i know he hasn't been online since. I've actually sent him some 1.3.1 nodes for seeds even if his request resulted from him obviously misunderstanding the issue. In my opinion he is either almost fully incapable of understanding english or does not want to understand for some reason.

Really... It's not the problem with lucky pool but with the people still mining shit Version 2.x🤭

Yeah, kinda hard to imagine 90kh/s of forgotten about miners. Maybe it's a botnet that the owner lost control over or can't easily update for some reason. Well, it doesn't really matter anyways. Mining 2.0.1 is completely pointless and anyone doing so at this point is clearly blind, deaf or ignorant.
Activity: 539
Merit: 105
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

Really... It's not the problem with lucky pool but with the people still mining shit Version 2.x🤭
Activity: 32
Activity: 539
Merit: 105
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
Forget 2.x coins.. restart with 1.3.1. consider 2.x version failed in hashpower
Activity: 301
Merit: 26
I think you are smart enough to understand the situation, Conan will never come back.
Is better to use your knowledge and experience in more stable projects.

At least i can agree with you on the part that Conan doesn't come back. Sure, everything is possible but i'd be really surprised if he did and i also don't understand the personality cult about him.

"Better" is a very relative and subjective thing though. To me "better" is what i like doing Cheesy

Crex24 allready did say that they move 1.3.1

Are you the one who posted this on discord too (sorry i forgot)? What's the source of that statement? No bad intentions. I am seriously interested.

Yes im, i did contact support, explain what happen, they have brain also, why would they wanna stay in 2.0?

I see. Let's hope they keep their word then.

Regarding staying with 2.0 or simply delisting: Well there could be several reasons. For one it could be simple policy to only act on developer input. Never underestimate the power and stupidity of bureaucracy... Also as i explained above a rollback leading to coins they are controlling disappearing seems like a very messy situation for them. At least it seems this way to me. Maybe they got this all figured out already. I really don't know.

Edit: Is anyone able to test if it's possible to deposit 1.3.1 coins? Crex24 site does not work for me.

Edit2: If it's possible to deposit 1.3.1 coins did they also remove the mass amount of fake 2.0.1 coins from circulation (ie. is a plausible amount of coins for sale)?

From my point of view a more clean way of dealing with it from a exchange point of view would be this (simple example to make a point, do not take the numbers literal):
exchange 1
- 1000000 - coins in current users balances (basically in the 2.x chain and includes fake coins, whatever)
- 10000 - coins in the exchange wallet after downgrade and resync the wallet from scratch (coins in the 1.x version)
- 1000000/10000 = 100 this is the value to which the balances need to be devided by
- user 1 balance 500 now -> will have 500/100=5 after downgrade

exchange 2 might be different
- 100000 - coins in current users balances (basically in the 2.x chain and includes fake coins, whatever)
- 50000 - coins in the exchange wallet after downgrade and resync the wallet from scratch (coins in the 1.x version)
- 1000000/50000 = 20 this is the value to which the balances need to be devided by
- user 2 balance 500 now -> will have 500/20=25 after downgrade

Is this fair to everyone?
Most likely not

Will everyone be happy with this approach?
Most probably not

Is it simple to implement?
Most probably yes as most exchanges have such possibility as it is more or less the same path used when there are swaps (swaps that need to be done in place without changing the ticket )

Is is a win - win or win - loose or loose - loose situation?
Most likely it is at the border between loose - loose and win - loose, but at least it does not loose the exchanges and does not make absolutely all coins worthless and without any exchanges

What do you gents think?

This would be perfectly fine with me but then i have nothing to lose here. I have about 100 coins at an exchange which i couldn't care less about so i am probably not exactly the right person to answer this.

In the end it would come down to what the exchanges think about such a solution since they will be the ones whose support lines will be hammered by confused/angry customers. Even if this seems like a very pragmatic approach i can literally already hear the scam/theft accusations being thrown around by people who found themselves on the losing end.

Pay all the new version of the wallet. (from the broken chain)

And then the exchange having no debt to upgrade to version 1.3.1.

NEWS:
https://trade.multicoins.org/market/MC-YTN - downgrade to Yenten 1.3.1
the exchange is not enough 75 000 YTN
Worth a buy order 100 000 ytn - who wants to go out - sell.
I think you are smart enough to understand the situation, Conan will never come back.

At least i can agree with you on the part that Conan doesn't come back. Sure, everything is possible but i'd be really surprised if he did and i also don't understand the personality cult about him.

"Better" is a very relative and subjective thing though. To me "better" is what i like doing Cheesy

Are you the one who posted this on discord too (sorry i forgot)? What's the source of that statement? No bad intentions. I am seriously interested.

Yes im, i did contact support, explain what happen, they have brain also, why would they wanna stay in 2.0?

Regarding staying with 2.0 or simply delisting: Well there could be several reasons. For one it could be simple policy to only act on developer input. Never underestimate the power and stupidity of bureaucracy... Also as i explained above a rollback leading to coins they are controlling disappearing seems like a very messy situation for them. At least it seems this way to me. Maybe they got this all figured out already. I really don't know.

Edit: Is anyone able to test if it's possible to deposit 1.3.1 coins? Crex24 site does not work for me.

Edit2: If it's possible to deposit 1.3.1 coins did they also remove the mass amount of fake 2.0.1 coins from circulation (ie. is a plausible amount of coins for sale)?

From my point of view a more clean way of dealing with it from a exchange point of view would be this (simple example to make a point, do not take the numbers literal):
exchange 1
- 1000000 - coins in current users balances (basically in the 2.x chain and includes fake coins, whatever)
- 10000 - coins in the exchange wallet after downgrade and resync the wallet from scratch (coins in the 1.x version)
- 1000000/10000 = 100 this is the value to which the balances need to be devided by

- 100000 - coins in current users balances (basically in the 2.x chain and includes fake coins, whatever)
- 50000 - coins in the exchange wallet after downgrade and resync the wallet from scratch (coins in the 1.x version)
- 1000000/50000 = 20 this is the value to which the balances need to be devided by

Most likely not

Most probably not

Most probably yes as most exchanges have such possibility as it is more or less the same path used when there are swaps (swaps that need to be done in place without changing the ticket )

Most likely it is at the border between loose - loose and win - loose, but at least it does not loose the exchanges and does not make absolutely all coins worthless and without any exchanges

What do you gents think?

This would be perfectly fine with me but then i have nothing to lose here. I have about 100 coins at an exchange which i couldn't care less about so i am probably not exactly the right person to answer this.

In the end it would come down to what the exchanges think about such a solution since they will be the ones whose support lines will be hammered by confused/angry customers. Even if this seems like a very pragmatic approach i can literally already hear the scam/theft accusations being thrown around by people who found themselves on the losing end.

exchange 1

Most likely not

Most probably not

What do you gents think?
Well after "support drone" support with me there is text:

"YTN wallets are currently under maintenance and you are unable to make a deposit or withdraw money. Thank you for your patience."

So.. just wait.

Sorry, i didn't mean to be offensive. I am just trying to asses the current state without being prematurely enthusiastic. It's a sad fact that support workers are usually far away from any actual decision making and go by a hand full of canned responses. Shouldn't have called him/her a drone though i guess.
Activity: 64
what the hell happened to this coin, because there is an order in crex24 with the x2 max supply? was attacked and   Sad  Shocked??

Read the last couple pages and you will understand. Thanks for the info though. So whatever chain Crex24 is on they haven't removed the fake coins from circulation. I get the feeling their support drone didn't understand the issue and just copy pasted some default reply.

Well after "support drone" support with me there is text:

"YTN wallets are currently under maintenance and you are unable to make a deposit or withdraw money. Thank you for your patience."

So.. just wait.
Activity: 732
Merit: 18
New exchange generation
what the hell happened to this coin, because there is an order in crex24 with the x2 max supply? was attacked and   Sad  Shocked??

Read the last couple pages and you will understand. Thanks for the info though. So whatever chain Crex24 is on they haven't removed the fake coins from circulation. I get the feeling their support drone didn't understand the issue and just copy pasted some default reply.
thanks for your answer, since that was what happened and it is unfortunate, this coin that came to worth almost $ 1 will end like this. I hope and have no problem with the exchange since they could probably be delisted from everything that is currently

Activity: 732
Merit: 18
New exchange generation
what the hell happened to this coin, because there is an order in crex24 with the x2 max supply? was attacked and   Sad  Shocked??

Pages:
Jump to: