Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] cpuminer-opt v3.14.2, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 14. (Read 9705 times)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220
Also try older versions of cpuminer-opt in case it broke recently.

the first that doesn't work is 3.13.0.
after reading what it was about i copied all dll's from 3.12.8 over those in 3.14.2,
and.... it's working now

Good work. Can you try one DLL at a time and tell me which is the problem?
Activity: 58
Merit: 5

the first that doesn't work is 3.13.0.
after reading what it was about i copied all dll's from 3.12.8 over those in 3.14.2,
and.... it's working now
cpuminer-multi simply mines, no errors

Show me, I want to compare logs.

Code:
[2020-06-07 01:19:54] CPU affinity [!!!!]
[2020-06-07 01:19:54] Creating stratum thread
[2020-06-07 01:19:54] Miner thread priority 0 (nice 19)
[2020-06-07 01:19:54] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0.
[2020-06-07 01:19:54] JSON protocol request:
{"method": "getblocktemplate", "params": [{"capabilities": ["coinbasetxn", "coin
basevalue", "longpoll", "workid"], "rules": ["segwit"]}], "id":0}

*   Trying 127.0.0.1:35697...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 35697 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user '****'
> POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:35697
Authorization: Basic *********************************
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: identity
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 147
User-Agent: cpuminer-opt/3.14.2
X-Mining-Extensions: longpoll reject-reason
Expect: 100-continue

[2020-06-07 01:19:54] 2 of 4 miner threads started using 'sha256d' algorithm
[2020-06-07 01:19:54] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1.
* Done waiting for 100-continue
* Signaling end of chunked upload via terminating chunk.
* Mark bundle as not supporting multiuse
< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
< Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 22:19:55 +0000
< Connection: close
< Content-Length: 91
< Content-Type: application/json
< Server: takeicoin-json-rpc/v0.9.1.3-beta
<
* Closing connection 0
[2020-06-07 01:19:55] JSON protocol response:
{
   "error": {
      "message": "Top-level object parse error",
      "code": -32700
   },
   "result": null,
   "id": null
}
[2020-06-07 01:19:55] JSON-RPC call failed: Top-level object parse error
[2020-06-07 01:19:55] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 10 seconds

What's your command line and what does cpuminer-multi do?
Activity: 58
Merit: 5
ima new to this miner,
just tried to use it instead of good ole cpuminer-multi, solo, win7-64, no changes in cmd line,
and all i get is this (any coin any algo):
  JSON-RPC call failed: Top-level object parse error
  json_rpc_call failed, retry after 10 seconds

i feel quite stupid already, please tell me exactly how far i'm gone lol
Activity: 87
Merit: 3
Thank you for your contributions to CPU mining.
Can roicoin (hodl algo) be solo mined with this miner? I'd so, is there a guide or anything special that needs to be added to the bat file? Thanks

I don't know. It didn't work for Hodl coin. Give it a try.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Can roicoin (hodl algo) be solo mined with this miner? I'd so, is there a guide or anything special that needs to be added to the bat file? Thanks
Okay, I will check it with other algos as well with minotaur and will submit the report here.

Thanks.

I'm going to change the logic for displaying TTF solo mining. The template will always be displayed
but some of the data may be invalid, with either a value of zero (zero numerator) or "NA" (zero denominator).

Edit: make sure you also check the startup messages for any mention of getmininginfo.

I'l wait for your test results in case more debug logging needs to be added.
I kind of like the 5 minute report.  Not necessarily for the hash rate, but to see if I’ve found any blocks.  If you went to an hour for solo, I’d have to scroll up the window every time I wanted to check on miner.

Good point. I guess it's also a matter of users getting used to the inherent volatility of "effective" hash rate compared
to the more familiar and stable "reference" hash rate.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
I kind of like the 5 minute report.  Not necessarily for the hash rate, but to see if I’ve found any blocks.  If you went to an hour for solo, I’d have to scroll up the window every time I wanted to check on miner.
It looks like once you find 10-12 blocks in solo mining, the periodic hash rate starts to even out.  It’s hard with Minotaur because blocks don’t come that often, unlike pool mining where shares are 3-4 per minute.

Blocks don't come too often solo mining any coin. The 5 minute report doesn't really make sense solo mining.
I'm thinking about changing it, maybe 1 hour solo, and 5 min pool. 1 Hour is still too short to be meaningful
but it reduces the number of useless reports in the logs.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
It looks like once you find 10-12 blocks in solo mining, the periodic hash rate starts to even out.  It’s hard with Minotaur because blocks don’t come that often, unlike pool mining where shares are 3-4 per minute.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
Effective hash rate can be volatile, espcecially when solo mining. Most of the time the 5 minute
hash rate will be zero because no blocks were solved, Then you solve a block and the 5 minute hash rate
is huge. It's the nature of statistics with very small samples size.

I don't know why the TTF isn't displayed. It gets displayed if the reference hash rate, network  difficulty
and network hash rate are all non-zero.

The ref hah rate and net diff are displayed elsewhere so I assume the problem is the net hash rate.
This is updated by calling the getmininginfo method using RPC just prior to displaying the New Block log.

Try with -D and look for a log saying getmininginfo isn't supported. Also try another coin if you can to
see if it's only minotaur with that problem.

Okay, I will check it with other algos as well with minotaur and will submit the report here.
Effective hash rate can be volatile, espcecially when solo mining. Most of the time the 5 minute
hash rate will be zero because no blocks were solved, Then you solve a block and the 5 minute hash rate
is huge. It's the nature of statistics with very small samples size.

I don't know why the TTF isn't displayed. It gets displayed if the reference hash rate, network  difficulty
and network hash rate are all non-zero.

The ref hah rate and net diff are displayed elsewhere so I assume the problem is the net hash rate.
This is updated by calling the getmininginfo method using RPC just prior to displaying the New Block log.

Try with -D and look for a log saying getmininginfo isn't supported. Also try another coin if you can to
see if it's only minotaur with that problem.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
CPUminer is not showing TTF during solo mining.
And I think there is something wrong in the calculation of hash rate.

I'm soliciting user input for improving the API in cpuminer-opt in light of the enhanced statistics reporting.
Suggestions can be discussed here or  at:

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/issues/256

Is any of the API implemented? I have tried both -b and --api-bind and all calls to http://x.x.x.x:4048 result in a timeout.

It's nothing fancy, no http server. Try telnet.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I'm soliciting user input for improving the API in cpuminer-opt in light of the enhanced statistics reporting.
Suggestions can be discussed here or  at:

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/issues/256

Is any of the API implemented? I have tried both -b and --api-bind and all calls to http://x.x.x.x:4048 result in a timeout.
v. 3.13.1 - yescrypt algo is broken - low diff share error from pool, maybe in latest version also, not tested.

It works for me, check your parameters.

What parameters? yescrypt - no parameters, miner share rejected by pool with message "low share difficulty", ver. 3.9.6 work fine.

I don't support old versions.
Pages:
Jump to: