Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 100. (Read 444043 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
euh no was to notice you for your tests Wink didnt do official announces about it

Ah ok. I haven't tested lyra2z at yiimp, didn't see it until after I was done. But I will if/when you bring
it back. Yiimp/yaamp rules.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
euh no was to notice you for your tests Wink didnt do official announces about it
legendary
i had to disable it on yiimp, too much rpc timeout with their wallet

This looks like a response to a question about the lyra2z pool that popped up for a while.
Wrong thread maybe?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
i had to disable it on yiimp, too much rpc timeout with their wallet
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Not B troll & do something!
cpuminer-opt 3.5.6 is released.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13542056

Thanks

working linux lira2z ok Smiley

ZenFr  

thanks for your help
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
It nearly want you to have a loader that will analyze your current CPU capability and use the proper exe  Grin so many of them  Shocked

I do the best I can. The startup messages are really important to make sure you're getting the best performance,
and can explain crashes. You want the CPU and SW features to match and the algo will choose the best it can.

Was just pulling your leg mate  Grin just kidding  Wink

That was also a jab to get people to pay attention to that output. I put it there for a reason.
See a few posts back or almost any problem report. Most of the time it's the first thing I ask for,
I shouldn't have to. Now I'm ranting. Have a good one.

Yup i can understand you willing to put forward optimisation and force people to read, all good, have a nice one  Cool
legendary
It nearly want you to have a loader that will analyze your current CPU capability and use the proper exe  Grin so many of them  Shocked

I do the best I can. The startup messages are really important to make sure you're getting the best performance,
and can explain crashes. You want the CPU and SW features to match and the algo will choose the best it can.

That was also a jab to get people to pay attention to that output. I put it there for a reason.
See a few posts back or almost any problem report. Most of the time it's the first thing I ask for,
I shouldn't have to. Now I'm ranting. Have a good one.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner

legendary
Edit: Update showing both US and EU connection attempts. Just in case maybe nicehash related.

It looks like it is. It's nothing to with hashing, it's the stratum connection that's failing. Check if
there are any orders, that may explain it.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Win10 x64 running your uploaded binaries on the first page.

Screen Output (US Server)
Code:
**********  cpuminer-opt 3.5.6  ***********
     A CPU miner with multi algo support and optimized for CPUs
     with AES_NI and AVX extensions.
     BTC donation address: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT
     Forked from TPruvot's cpuminer-multi with credits
     to Lucas Jones, elmad, palmd, djm34, pooler, ig0tik3d,
     Wolf0, Jeff Garzik and Optiminer.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2
SW built on Feb 12 2017 with GCC 4.8.3
SW features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2
Algo features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2
Start mining with SSE2 AES AVX AVX2

[2017-02-13 14:07:20] 1 miner threads started, using 'lyra2re' algorithm.
[2017-02-13 14:07:20] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://lyra2re.usa.nicehash.com:3342
[2017-02-13 14:07:21] API bind to port 4048 failed - trying again in 20sec
[2017-02-13 14:07:22] DEBUG: job_id='0000000001836953' extranonce2=000000 ntime=58a14cf9
[2017-02-13 14:07:22] Stratum difficulty set to 0.8 (0.00625)

After the above message, miner just stops and back to the command prompt.

Screen Output (EU Server)
Code:
**********  cpuminer-opt 3.5.6  ***********
     A CPU miner with multi algo support and optimized for CPUs
     with AES_NI and AVX extensions.
     BTC donation address: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT
     Forked from TPruvot's cpuminer-multi with credits
     to Lucas Jones, elmad, palmd, djm34, pooler, ig0tik3d,
     Wolf0, Jeff Garzik and Optiminer.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2
SW built on Feb 12 2017 with GCC 4.8.3
SW features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2
Algo features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2
Start mining with SSE2 AES AVX AVX2

[2017-02-13 14:18:24] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://lyra2re.eu.nicehash.com:3342
[2017-02-13 14:18:24] 1 miner threads started, using 'lyra2re' algorithm.
[2017-02-13 14:18:24] stratum_subscribe send failed
[2017-02-13 14:18:24] ...retry after 10 seconds
[2017-02-13 14:18:25] API bind to port 4048 failed - trying again in 20sec
[2017-02-13 14:18:35] stratum_subscribe send failed
[2017-02-13 14:18:35] ...retry after 10 seconds
[2017-02-13 14:18:36] CTRL_C_EVENT received, exiting

Edit: Update showing both US and EU connection attempts. Just in case maybe nicehash related.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Or just add "pause" after all commands in .bat file.
legendary
v3.5.6 Lyra2 doesn't work. Miner starts and quit within seconds. Tested on nicehash.

Post startup messages please.

It just says

Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://lyra2re.usa.nicehash.com:3342
Stratum difficulty set to ....

Then closes. Maybe a nicehash problem?? Just tried eu server no response.

Don't use a bat file, paste the command in a command prompt.
legendary
When posting problems with cpuminer I again ask that you include the folowing information.

If compile fails identify system any non default compile options and the revelant part of the compile
session. Try to find the first error, no need to post the entire session.

If cpuminer starts up and has a problem always post the startup information with the CPU and features.
Also describe your system, whenther you compiled and how, or used a binary and which one.

A description is always helpful espcially if the problem is not obvius from the data.

The biggest part of problem solving is defining the problem fully. I need of lot of help from the users
for that.

v3.5.6 Lyra2 doesn't work. Miner starts and quit within seconds. Tested on nicehash.

It just says

Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://lyra2re.usa.nicehash.com:3342
Stratum difficulty set to ....

Then closes. Maybe a nicehash problem?? Just tried eu server no response.
legendary

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I'm planning on upgrading to the AMD Ryzen R7-1800X next month so which coins should I look to mine?

Your choice.

Let me rephase by which coins currently offer the best ROI? Or are none of them worth mining as it will cost more for electricity? How comparable are current AMD CPUs compared to Intel and will there be optimizations for Ryzen?

Intel leads the way with vectored (SIMD) instructions, AVX2 being the best so far. I have heard annecdotally that AMDs don't
perform as well as Intel with vectored instructions. Ryzen looks like a pretty high end CPUs and it's a new architecture
so it may have improved. But no one really knows yet. Tell us when you get yours and try it out.

Many CPU friendly coins aren't compute bound so faster CPU and optimized vectorization doesn't always help.
Memory bandwith and cache size have become the bottlenecks to higher speed, If the Ryzen has 4 channel memory
and a larger cache it could help.

Alright. I sold my ZEC to preorder Ryzen so I will report back when it arrives.

your feedback is welcome, it'll be interesting to see ryzen mining speeds
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
I'm planning on upgrading to the AMD Ryzen R7-1800X next month so which coins should I look to mine?

Your choice.

Let me rephase by which coins currently offer the best ROI? Or are none of them worth mining as it will cost more for electricity? How comparable are current AMD CPUs compared to Intel and will there be optimizations for Ryzen?

Intel leads the way with vectored (SIMD) instructions, AVX2 being the best so far. I have heard annecdotally that AMDs don't
perform as well as Intel with vectored instructions. Ryzen looks like a pretty high end CPUs and it's a new architecture
so it may have improved. But no one really knows yet. Tell us when you get yours and try it out.

Many CPU friendly coins aren't compute bound so faster CPU and optimized vectorization doesn't always help.
Memory bandwith and cache size have become the bottlenecks to higher speed, If the Ryzen has 4 channel memory

Alright. I sold my ZEC to preorder Ryzen so I will report back when it arrives.
legendary

Your choice.

Pages:
Jump to: