Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 195. (Read 444040 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
cpuminer-opt also Wink

I like it. I don't have a big ego so I don't need my name in it.
I think there is already one out there with that name.

Some results: only using 4 CPU cores of 8.

Checking CPU compatibility...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

This CPU supports AES_NI, start mining at high speed...

[2016-01-17 14:22:15] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://mine.xpool.ca:1131

Awesome. Is that a laptop? Be very carefull about overheating. If you're in the northern
hemisphere go stand in a snow bank with it.

I'll look into cpuminer-opt being taken, I was going to go with it..

Yes its a laptop why only 4 core are being used. What is your command line so I can check t see my mistake at nicehash?

./cpuminer -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://x11.usa.nicehash.com:3336 ...

Is it hyperthreaded and can you confirm its enabled in the bios the host OS and theguest OS, should be by default.
How many cpus is your VM configured for?

That is with your bitcoin address added as user? I have the VM set to 4 cores. Not planing on doing much
mining on this laptop< but its a gaming laptop with a 960m GPU & I can adjust the fan speed. Mid 60c on the temp.

Yup -u bitcoinaddress.worker -p x

Well that explains why only 4 threads.
legendary
Fx-8320

Aes-mi enabled

Starts at about 500 Kh/s then drops to about 420.
Never submits any share :-/

What algo? Some take a while for the first share. I tested all supported configurations before
release and it submitted shares for all of them.

The drop in hash rate is a bit concerning though. No other major cpu activity?
Activity: 231
Merit: 150
cpuminer-opt also Wink

Awesome. Is that a laptop? Be very carefull about overheating. If you're in the northern

Yes its a laptop why only 4 core are being used. What is your command line so I can check t see my mistake at nicehash?

Is it hyperthreaded and can you confirm its enabled in the bios the host OS and theguest OS, should be by default.

That is with your bitcoin address added as user? I have the VM set to 4 cores. Not planing on doing much
mining on this laptop< but its a gaming laptop with a 960m GPU & I can adjust the fan speed. Mid 60c on the temp.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Fx-8320

Aes-mi enabled

Starts at about 500 Kh/s then drops to about 420.
Never submits any share :-/
legendary
cpuminer-opt also Wink

legendary
cpuminer-opt also Wink

Edit: It's cool that you can CPU mine in a VM. You can also mine a windows binary on linux using wine.
I'm sorry about the windows delay but I find so much more frustrating and less rewarding.
cpuminer-opt also Wink

legendary
cpuminer-opt also Wink

legendary
Anyone mining at a pool or just to there wallets?
I tried NiceHash x11 but get  Stratum authentication failed.
I'll double check my run command line.

I've got v2 mining x11 on Nicehash as I write around 88.5 kh/s each thread on my 4790K, low subit rate
though.

Seems like a pool problem, is it still failing?

What's your CPU and what version of the kernel is it running?

Edit: never mind I see it now
cpuminer-opt also Wink

legendary
cpuminer-opt also Wink

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Thanks for the explanations, i plan indeed to include argon2 algo in a near future. but first i need to tag the 1.2 (which is my linux branch with the --show-diff stuff)

Then i need to rebase my multi pool branch in the next version.

Sorry if i was a bit "direct" in my answer. Ive read your posts this week and didnt see any source until today Wink

You are welcome on the project. I already know (at least a part) of these SSE implementations, seen in Ig0tik projects... But for me it was not stable enough to be imported. I want to keep at least VStudio and MinGW compatibility, im not focused on linux or windows unlike what sp say for ccminer, i want it to works correctly on both Wink

IMO, SSE or AVX implementation should only be imported if there is more than 20% improvement, and if the code doesnt break windows or linux support. (can be hard with VStudio not supporting ASM in x64 mode) but they have low level instructions for AVX (seen in nicehash axiom project)

your way to copy the scan_hash functions is correct, we can tune the -march flag then in the Makefile.am (like what is made in ccminer) Its the same in vstudio, an unit can be optimized specifically for AVX

just... check my linux branch, i made a big change in the way the work structure is passed to these functions. It was already required by some algos (like ZR5), and this method seems better for the future

Breaking Windows support is NOT breaking VS support. FUCK Visual Studio. For C, it's a worthless piece of trash. Cross compile or native compile using GCC. Or ANYTHING THE FUCK ELSE.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Anyone mining at a pool or just to there wallets?
I tried NiceHash x11 but get  Stratum authentication failed.
I'll double check my run command line.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I'd keep the "cpuminer" part of the name, it shows clearly the roots and how the program will work and look.
legendary
A name change has been suggested for my fork of cpuminer-multi.

I intended to make it generic which is why I picked cpuminer. However, it was suggested
it would cause confusion with Pooler's version which is still being actively developped.

I am considering cpuminer-jdd or dminer, jminer is taken. I leaning toward cpuminer-jdd
to keep it's ties to the original.

The next release will have the new name and a bump to v3 to avoid confusion with
Pooler who is at v2.

Stay tuned.
legendary
There is a mingw compiling tutorial into sgminer, I think it should work if you remove the opencl part.

Thanks I'll start digging.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Do you plan to release one for Cryptonight algorithm?

cpuminer already has cryptonight built in but I haven't looked at it yet. it's the code as tpruvot's version.
I wanted to get the first version out quickly to implement the available optimizations.

Give cryptonight it a try and let me know how it goes.

I did the original CN code - I kinda doubt it's getting much faster...

Open or private?

Both. It's open now.

Where can I get it? I've already given you credits in the startup header.

My github... I think. Let me look.

Yup: https://github.com/wolf9466/cpuminer-multi

Looks good based on the file name (aesni in it). I'll investigate and if faster and with your
permission I'll add it to my fork, with credit.

I don't have any wallets for this algo so I can mine to your adress while testing. It probaby
won't be a lot but I'll let it run for a bit.

I'm pretty tied up right now, more hash coming for the big 4 and I'm still trying to workaround
macros causing multiple def errors on link. I think I'm getting there, I converted them all to inline
functions, cloned them and gave the clones unique names. I can't help thinking there is a better
way because of my inexperience withc/c++.

I don't know if an inline function is as fast as a macro, it should be, all the work is at compile time.

Which leads me to a question. Using functions means I have to access the context struct members using
'->' instead of '.'.  This says to me there is an added level of indirection. Does this also apply to inline
functions or is the compiler smart enough to optimize it out and code it like it was a ',' as it would be
if the code was truly inline?

It will be interesting to see if there is a penalty in converting to inliners as well as dealing with struct*
instead of struct. On the bright side splitting everything up into the standard init, update & close functions
allows me to take the init out of the loop.

Edit: I'm stumped about these multi defs. I must be missing something fundamental. I think I'll drop it for
now. I think I can get a little more out of aesni. After I release that I'll take a look at your cryptonight.
It looks like it's using some slower sub-algos so I should be able to improve on it.

Compiler errors with Groestl? Yeah, you're gonna kick yourself when you figure out why. I had to take a bit more than a cursory look at that optimized Groestl before I saw it.

You're teasing me. Are you suggesting there's a bug in the macros?

I'm suggesting you're misusing the implementation such that there's symbols defined in multiple places! Cheesy
legendary
Black Belt Developer
There is a mingw compiling tutorial into sgminer, I think it should work if you remove the opencl part.
legendary
Thanks for the explanations, i plan indeed to include argon2 algo in a near future. but first i need to tag the 1.2 (which is my linux branch with the --show-diff stuff)

Then i need to rebase my multi pool branch in the next version.

Sorry if i was a bit "direct" in my answer. Ive read your posts this week and didnt see any source until today Wink

You are welcome on the project. I already know (at least a part) of these SSE implementations, seen in Ig0tik projects... But for me it was not stable enough to be imported. I want to keep at least VStudio and MinGW compatibility, im not focused on linux or windows unlike what sp say for ccminer, i want it to works correctly on both Wink

IMO, SSE or AVX implementation should only be imported if there is more than 20% improvement, and if the code doesnt break windows or linux support. (can be hard with VStudio not supporting ASM in x64 mode) but they have low level instructions for AVX (seen in nicehash axiom project)

your way to copy the scan_hash functions is correct, we can tune the -march flag then in the Makefile.am (like what is made in ccminer) Its the same in vstudio, an unit can be optimized specifically for AVX

just... check my linux branch, i made a big change in the way the work structure is passed to these functions. It was already required by some algos (like ZR5), and this method seems better for the future

Breaking Windows support is NOT breaking VS support. FUCK Visual Studio. For C, it's a worthless piece of trash. Cross compile or native compile using GCC. Or ANYTHING THE FUCK ELSE.

Cross compiling for the windows platform? Tell me more. What do you suggest fo native compile mingw? I'm ready to change
gears. My windows compile setup is AFU and have to reset my VM to a previous snapshot so it forgets it ever had VS installed
to OI can reinstll everything from scratch. And just for fun I have to install cuda after VS. A simple way is welcome.
Jump to: