Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 70. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Hi Joblo, thanks for this miner, I have a Ryzen and from the release notes we have to compile to get SHA...

So I just spent a long part of the day doing this and now I'm at a point where I have all the required MinGW, openssl 1.1.0...

This is what I get:
Code:
flow@FLOX /c/cpuminer-opt-3.6.5
$ winbuild.sh
make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
clean
./autogen.sh: line 8: aclocal: command not found
done
./winbuild.sh: line 21: ./configure: No such file or directory
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
c:\msys\1.0\opt\windows_64\bin\strip.exe: 'cpuminer': No such file

$ ./autogen.sh

This is on Win10x64, 16Gb ram, I don't know what else you need, I have built everything using x64 I believe, do you have any idea?

Did you downlolad the source from git? Try the tarball instead. It might be a problem with aclocal.

Yeah it was the zip and now I just tried again with the tarball and same issue...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Hi Joblo, thanks for this miner, I have a Ryzen and from the release notes we have to compile to get SHA...

So I just spent a long part of the day doing this and now I'm at a point where I have all the required MinGW, openssl 1.1.0...

This is what I get:
Code:
$ winbuild.sh
clean
done

$ ./autogen.sh

This is on Win10x64, 16Gb ram, I don't know what else you need, I have built everything using x64 I believe, do you have any idea?

Did you downlolad the source from git? Try the tarball instead. It might be a problem with aclocal.
Activity: 63

This is what I get:
Code:
$ winbuild.sh
clean
done

$ ./autogen.sh

legendary
3.6.5, --cpu-priority 0 doesn't work. Any other value does work, but not 0.

0 is the default, it isn't supposed to work.

Setting CPU priority isn't really useful. The default will use any available time and a higher priority will
only starve out other processes, potentially destabilizing the system.

In other words, if mining is the primary task there should be no others running and if mining is a background task
the primary tasks should be allowed to run when they need to.

The default CPU priority handles both situations quite nicely.
Activity: 8
3.6.5, --cpu-priority 0 doesn't work. Any other value does work, but not 0.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
What should my .bat file have in it to mine the updated Espers coin with this miner??  Also where do I put the .bat file?
legendary
cpuminer-opt 3.6.5 released with support for jha algo (jackpotcoin, sweepstake) wiith AES optiizations.
Cryptonight should also be a little faster.

jha disappeared from yiimp before I could do a final test, I don't know if it's coming back.

git: https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt

tarball: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZYWtaV1YxMV9hWkE/view?usp=sharing

Windows binaries: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZNm55Qjc5emwyU3c/view?usp=sharing

legendary
Add pls JHA algo support  Wink

Yes pls add JHA dev Smiley .

It should be easy but I'm having a weird problem.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Any news for ryzen 7 ? i read ryzen 9 out of june , but i think the ryzen 7 is very good . Any coin profitable now ? .

Ryzen is a great miner, I have an i7 6700K and a Ryzen 1700X and the AMD CPU kicks ass by as much as triple the hashrate. You can make $500-600 a year based on current profit ratios on Monero and AEON.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Activity: 28
Add pls JHA algo support  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Any news for ryzen 7 ? i read ryzen 9 out of june , but i think the ryzen 7 is very good . Any coin profitable now ? .
legendary
Im trying to mine verium but when i start my miner i get this error: Scrypt buffer allocation failed.
How can i fix this? im using the latest version 3.6.4

You don't have enough memory.

i have tried it on two computers, one with 4 Gb and the other one with 8Gb... in both of them it doesnt work, same error...

The size of the buffer is determined by the N factor. I'm not familiar with verium, maybe someone in the verium
thread can help.

Edit: you didn't mention the number of threads, one buffer is allocated for each thread. Try with fewer threads.
Activity: 243
Im trying to mine verium but when i start my miner i get this error: Scrypt buffer allocation failed.

i have tried it on two computers, one with 4 Gb and the other one with 8Gb... in both of them it doesnt work, same error...
legendary

Activity: 243
Activity: 231
Merit: 101
What coins are being mined with this miner? I mean I know the algos, I'm asking what's HOT!! Smiley
Great work here BTW!
legendary
Hello. I'm using windows binaries cpuminer-aes-avx2 on i7-6700. When I start the program, the miner says: cpu features: sse2 aes avx avx2, sw features: sse2 aes avx avx2, algo features: sse2 aes, start mining with sse2 aes.
Does it mean that the miner doesn't use CPU instructions avx and avx2?

Yes because the algo doesn't support it.
Cryptonight algo doesn't support avx and avx2 or it can be fixed?

Do more reading before asking stupid questions.
Activity: 2
Hello. I'm using windows binaries cpuminer-aes-avx2 on i7-6700. When I start the program, the miner says: cpu features: sse2 aes avx avx2, sw features: sse2 aes avx avx2, algo features: sse2 aes, start mining with sse2 aes.

Cryptonight algo doesn't support avx and avx2 or it can be fixed?
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: