Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 81. (Read 444043 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Someone who has ryzen 1700, can kindly tell me the best parameters for overclocking? I'd like to stay within the 65 watts.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
lol. well.. I can see clearly that you're optimizing algorithms in asm nowdays:) no ambiguity there.
I guess it's something like that: If I start EXE on cryptonote for AVX2 on a CPU that supports it I still see that it's supposedly runs with SSE2 optimization, as it's a 'feature' of the algo implementation. So the question remains: should the best results be achieved with the miner that is "optimized for SSE2" even though it runs on AVX2 capable platform?

afaik the cpuminer bins distributed are compiled for this arch (features), so using a AVX2 bin with a AVX2 cpu on a SSE2 only algo yields the same results as using a SSE2 only bin as the miner uses the same code paths (but the AVX2 bin can use the AVX2 paths as well, but for this algo there arent any, so its the same)

Thx:) I'd normally guess that this should be the case, however I have no idea how optimizations are implemented/executables built.

...app can "use appropriate code path" only if its there and for that you need to know that there's 0 avx instructions written by the coder or generated otherwise, during the AVX exe build for this particular algo. 
EDIT: otherwise using AVX exe on SSE2 only capable CPU is a no go, even in cases where the algo itself has no AVX optimizations... in any case it all boils to the straight forward: use EXE build for your platform and hope for the best resultsSmiley

Please stop this speculartion. If you are really concerned about these details do your own experiments. Don't invent issues
that don't exist, it only confuses others.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
lol. well.. I can see clearly that you're optimizing algorithms in asm nowdays:) no ambiguity there.
I guess it's something like that: If I start EXE on cryptonote for AVX2 on a CPU that supports it I still see that it's supposedly runs with SSE2 optimization, as it's a 'feature' of the algo implementation. So the question remains: should the best results be achieved with the miner that is "optimized for SSE2" even though it runs on AVX2 capable platform?

afaik the cpuminer bins distributed are compiled for this arch (features), so using a AVX2 bin with a AVX2 cpu on a SSE2 only algo yields the same results as using a SSE2 only bin as the miner uses the same code paths (but the AVX2 bin can use the AVX2 paths as well, but for this algo there arent any, so its the same)

Thx:) I'd normally guess that this should be the case, however I have no idea how optimizations are implemented/executables built.

...app can "use appropriate code path" only if its there and for that you need to know that there's 0 avx instructions written by the coder or generated otherwise, during the AVX exe build for this particular algo. 
EDIT: otherwise using AVX exe on SSE2 only capable CPU is a no go, even in cases where the algo itself has no AVX optimizations... in any case it all boils to the straight forward: use EXE build for your platform and hope for the best resultsSmiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

legendary
That's not what I said.
I know, but what am I wrong about?

You're trolling. My answer was very clear. Your follow up question was just plain stupid.
he wasn't being stupid. probably just trying to do something other than to run one of the five executables in accordance with the platform they're built for, which may seem in case of Cryptonone as a good idea due to certain lack of clarity...

Lack of clarity, that's funny. What's not clear about running the exe that matches the CPU's arch?
And it is stupid to suggest it makes no sense to do so. Too many people don't think before asking
questions.
That's not what I said.

You're trolling. My answer was very clear. Your follow up question was just plain stupid.
he wasn't being stupid. probably just trying to do something other than to run one of the five executables in accordance with the platform they're built for, which may seem in case of Cryptonone as a good idea due to certain lack of clarity...
legendary
That's not what I said.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
That's not what I said.
legendary
So, is there no difference between Haswell and Sandybridge microarches for cryptonight algo and no sense to use different versions of miner for it (but only in case, when cpu not support aes)?

That's not what I said.
A Haswell won't perform significantly faster that a Sandybridge mining cryptonight but is
faster on algos that do have AVX2 code.
So, is there no difference between Haswell and Sandybridge microarches for cryptonight algo and no sense to use different versions of miner for it (but only in case, when cpu not support aes)?
legendary
Dear Dev,

I tried to use cpuminer to mine xmr with my computer.

It shows:

[2017-03-23 13:23:08] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xmr.crypto-pool.fr:3333
[2017-03-23 13:23:08] 24 miner threads started, using 'cryptonight' algorithm.
[2017-03-23 13:23:09] API bind to port 4048 failed - trying again in 20sec
[2017-03-23 13:23:11] Stratum difficulty set to 18000
[2017-03-23 13:23:15] CPU #6: 66 H, 18.39 H/s

Is it ok for API failed?

In my experience, is no problem if you don't want or need to control the miner remotely through the provided API interface. In your case, it seems you are mining with another instance of this same miner, or the original version, and you need to specify a new port for this instance. Use:

Code:
--api-bind

in your argument list and the problem will be solved.

Correct.
legendary
Hello.

There are some problems with mining with cryptonight algorithm. In 3.3.6 version of miner on many CPU for mining was using AES and AVX instructions if available. But now, even when I launched cpuminer-aes-avx for Ivy/Sandy Bridge or cpuminer-aes-avx2 for Haswell and above, their are always using AES and SSE2 instructions. On i7 3770, on i7 4770, even on Xeon E5-1650 v3. There wasn't any cases when for mining was using AVX instruction in 3.6.0 version.

Is it normal? Or combination of AES and SSE2 instruction are more efficient then AES and AVX?

The algo features are hard coded by me as a guide to users. I changed the definition for cryptonight because there is no AVX
or AVX2 code used by cryptonight. A Haswell won't perform significantly faster that a Sandybridge mining cryptonight but is
faster on algos that do have AVX2 code.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Dear Dev,

It shows:

Is it ok for API failed?

In my experience, is no problem if you don't want or need to control the miner remotely through the provided API interface. In your case, it seems you are mining with another instance of this same miner, or the original version, and you need to specify a new port for this instance. Use:

Code:
--api-bind

in your argument list and the problem will be solved.
Hello.

There are some problems with mining with cryptonight algorithm. In 3.3.6 version of miner on many CPU for mining was using AES and AVX instructions if available. But now, even when I launched cpuminer-aes-avx for Ivy/Sandy Bridge or cpuminer-aes-avx2 for Haswell and above, their are always using AES and SSE2 instructions. On i7 3770, on i7 4770, even on Xeon E5-1650 v3. There wasn't any cases when for mining was using AVX instruction in 3.6.0 version.

Is it normal? Or combination of AES and SSE2 instruction are more efficient then AES and AVX?
Activity: 320
Merit: 250
Dear Dev,

It shows:

Is it ok for API failed?
Glad to help you earn money and keep your CPU cool  Cool

Now spread the word!  Grin
legendary
Guys , anyone know a best pool for mining monero ? i want try with i7 5820k @ 4 ghz , and i5 6600 , im waiting ryzen 1700 .

Anyone ? .

Personally, I use nicehash, which mines XMR direct to your BTC account, and this cpuminer-opt client. This is what you need to use:

Code:
cpuminer-aes-avx2.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355 -u -p x

Other interesting pool is MoneroPool:

Code:
cpuminer-aes-avx2.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://monerol.com:3333 -u . -p x

If you will use Ryzen, read my guide to maximize profits with Monero in Ryzen some comments above.

Why you convert on btc ? i want keep xmr . What is the guide for ryzen ? .

As you can see, I also showed you how to mine XMR directly into your wallet using a pool. Regarding the "Ryzen guide", this is the relevant message link on this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18239788

Fantastick! with -t 8 --cpu-affinity 0xF0F0 , i have 640 hs on hexxcoin with ryzen 1700 default 3ghz , with .bat normal 16 thread have only 560 hs . Only 35 watt power comsumption! .
Guys , anyone know a best pool for mining monero ? i want try with i7 5820k @ 4 ghz , and i5 6600 , im waiting ryzen 1700 .

Anyone ? .

Personally, I use nicehash, which mines XMR direct to your BTC account, and this cpuminer-opt client. This is what you need to use:

Code:
cpuminer-aes-avx2.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355 -u -p x

Code:
cpuminer-aes-avx2.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://monerol.com:3333 -u . -p x

If you will use Ryzen, read my guide to maximize profits with Monero in Ryzen some comments above.

As you can see, I also showed you how to mine XMR directly into your wallet using a pool. Regarding the "Ryzen guide", this is the relevant message link on this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18239788

legendary

Anyone ? .

Code:

Code:

Pages:
Jump to: