Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 84. (Read 444043 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Has anyone tried GBT with an address? yes, with address, failed

Has anyone tried --no-gbt? yes, failed

back to gbt tomorrow, next testing: 3.6 gbt
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
I need some clarity on what test cases were run. AFAIK hexxodev was using default options which
would result in an attempt to use GBT but fail due to lack of coinbase address, then falls back to
getwork.

Has anyone tried GBT with an address?

Has anyone tried --no-gbt?

Now there's a "bug" when invalid data causes an error. That's not my definition of a bug.
And where did usernames and passwords come from. Is this still getwork we're talking about?

I've asked many, many times for proper problem definitions. Is it so hard to do?
Activity: 143
Win bin.
Found a "bug"
Wrong user / pass leads to an error about code

Else it seems fine!

I have no idea what that means.
JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near '<'
when wrong user/pass

This means that the wallet returned an HTML/XML response and the miner expected a JSON encoded response. Same thing happens if you try to mine coins where their wallets doesn't support or use getwork protocol. MachineCoin is one example, as I already PM'ed to op
Win bin.
Found a "bug"

Else it seems fine!

JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near '<'
when wrong user/pass
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
https://i.imgur.com/uEnAdZu.png
Is sha256t (tripple sha256) supported?
legendary
Win bin.
Found a "bug"

Else it seems fine!

Win bin.
Found a "bug"

Else it seems fine!

What was your wallet version?
It is possible if you had older it will work.
Else i just cannot tell how it is possible.

wallet is 3.0.0.8, will test latest version later and confirm still working

We had 3.0.0.9 , 3.0.0.8 could have old working code..
Now 3.0.1.0

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

wallet is 3.0.0.8, will test latest version later and confirm still working
Activity: 129
Some config for solo mining HEXX?

legendary
Attention solo mining fans. cpuminer-opt now supports getwork in v3.6.0.

It has been verified with Hexxcoin using Lyra2z330 but should work with many other coins/algos.

GBT has not been tested but is worth a try.

Please report your results good and bad. When reporting problems please note whether getwork works
using cpuminer-multi or any other miner, including ccminer.
legendary

Getwork doesn't work, yet, wait for 3.6.0.

i have tested with the modifications mentioned, it works!

regarding cryptonight/cryptolight: if i understood correctly their getwork and/or gbt code is nonexistent and/or different, so coins utilizing this algo might very likely not work with solo mining?

Did you get the wallet fixes?

Cryptonight doesn't support gbt and the miner will automatically disable it. In addition the getwork code, all the rpc code, is
different from all other algos, so you presumption is correct.

It is my hope that any other coin that supports getwork should now work.

i was using the standard hexx wallet, no modifications

will test some other coins when i find some where the nethash is low and the wallet doesnt take forever to sync

That's weird. Hexxodev had to make wallet changes to get it to work.

regarding cryptonight/cryptolight: if i understood correctly their getwork and/or gbt code is nonexistent and/or different, so coins utilizing this algo might very likely not work with solo mining?

Cryptonight doesn't support gbt and the miner will automatically disable it. In addition the getwork code, all the rpc code, is

i was using the standard hexx wallet, no modifications

will test some other coins when i find some where the nethash is low and the wallet doesnt take forever to sync
legendary

That's excellent news. It's looking like the miner side is working and it's just a wallet issue now.
That means it should work with almost any coin who's wallet already supports getwork.

Keep me updated on your progress. The next release will be 3.6.0 with getwork support.

i have thought about writing a small tool to setup multiple wallets and only mine when nethashrate is below a certain limit
this is intended for me walking through the ann section, finding a new coin with no pools which just launched, setting it up in the tool and boom, miner starts working there till there are enough other people so its unlikely to be profitable

awesomeminer might be able to do that already im not sure, but i want it to be able to run on linux as well

will see if this project is possible in a short timeframe and if mining even works, so im glad getwork/gbt is being worked on Smiley

edit: im interested in testing as well, i have noticed the api hashrate isnt updated when using getwork it seems, it always returns 0

hashrate gets displayed via api after some time (i just went shopping and returned to block found and api working)

until 3.6.0 is released i will continue testing with this modified version, maybe i find some bugs when using other wallets/coins Cheesy

edit: the hashrate api bug is no bug, i just noticed its the same with stratum, only after the first submitted share the api hashrate gets updated, with getwork and solomining that can take a while, maybe the api hashrate can be updated even when no shares got submitted yet?
legendary

That's excellent news. It's looking like the miner side is working and it's just a wallet issue now.
That means it should work with almost any coin who's wallet already supports getwork.

Keep me updated on your progress. The next release will be 3.6.0 with getwork support.

i have thought about writing a small tool to setup multiple wallets and only mine when nethashrate is below a certain limit
this is intended for me walking through the ann section, finding a new coin with no pools which just launched, setting it up in the tool and boom, miner starts working there till there are enough other people so its unlikely to be profitable

awesomeminer might be able to do that already im not sure, but i want it to be able to run on linux as well

will see if this project is possible in a short timeframe and if mining even works, so im glad getwork/gbt is being worked on Smiley

edit: im interested in testing as well, i have noticed the api hashrate isnt updated when using getwork it seems, it always returns 0

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Guys anyone with ryzen , what is hashrate with xmr , zcoin , hexxcoin ? .
Pages:
Jump to: