Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 26. (Read 826713 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
Maybe in theory, but in practice 2 party just doesn't work that cleanly.

I think they both have flaws,  humans are subject to greed and error..  I don't necessarily trust that as a third party.

if you are not face to face with it, then everything is need 3 party.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

I think they both have flaws,  humans are subject to greed and error..  I don't necessarily trust that as a third party.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The updates sound good,  I still don't like 3 party escrow but I guess I could live with it
- you don't need a human 3rd party when you can have a trustless system controlling (multi-sig escrow & network can be "3rd party".)   Undecided

Well, what is the backup plan than? For example, the shipped item is damaged, used but listed as non-used etc. Who's gonna save the buyers ass?

In a two party trustless system it works like this:
If the buyer does not receive the good/service or finds them unsatisfactory, they can request a refund from the seller. The refund request constructs a transaction which sends the deposits to their respective parties but returns the payment to the buyer. If the seller approves the refund, the transaction is completed in a similar process to how the escrow was locked.

The seller would have no motivation to rip off the buyer and hurt his ratings.  

A 3 party, human reliant system can set up people for long cons and other scams when sellers and the 3rd party collude.

legendary
The updates sound good,  I still don't like 3 party escrow but I guess I could live with it
- you don't need a human 3rd party when you can have a trustless system controlling (multi-sig escrow & network can be "3rd party".)   Undecided

Well, what is the backup plan than? For example, the shipped item is damaged, used but listed as non-used etc. Who's gonna save the buyers ass?

In a two party trustless system it works like this:
If the buyer does not receive the good/service or finds them unsatisfactory, they can request a refund from the seller. The refund request constructs a transaction which sends the deposits to their respective parties but returns the payment to the buyer. If the seller approves the refund, the transaction is completed in a similar process to how the escrow was locked.

The seller would have no motivation to rip off the buyer and hurt his ratings.  

A 3 party, human reliant system can set up people for long cons and other scams when sellers and the 3rd party collude.

Activity: 824
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Crave it ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom

Btw we are trying to setup a faucet with jj and if anyone has some php knowladge we could use some help right now.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Anyone can give me a heads up which secp256k1 branch currently works with the crave wallet ?

A simple "git clone" of the latest

https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1

yields errors when trying to compile crave.

EDIT: Never mind, commit 729badf of secp256k1 works

git clone
then
git reset 729badf
git add .
git reset --hard
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I did not believe miracles. But now I believe the magic - it's true Grin

btc-e and livecoin next?  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1156
I did not believe miracles. But now I believe the magic - it's true Grin

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I rewrote the entire wallet in a newer tech.  On Friday I solved the last major hurdle/roadblock and got data flowing correctly between the UI and the back-end/internal objects.  Now I am just working on nice refinements like subtle animations and lighting effects/glow effects on mouseovers etc.  I got the slide-in menu structure working, so when you click on the menu grid icon it slides in from the left with a fade-in and the content is animated to slide to the right, etc.  It is all coming together real nice now and I expect to deliver....soon Wink  very soon Wink  There may be some refinements to do post-release for the user experience on mobile platforms but I expect that that will be minimal.  Theoretically it should just auto-magically work fine.  Anyway, I don't think we have seen anything quite like this wallet in crypto to date.  Definitely going to raise the bar again.
summer of crave is coming  Kiss this will be magic.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Infected Mushroom
Well, the excitement is real. I am feeling like a school boy waiting for grades. OMG.

I would suggest the code being closed source tbh, like bytecent does.

Thanks to jj12880, the next stage of community projects are moving. When he has time we are gonna try to create the multipool for CRAVE that will payout miners in CRAVE using nicehash on the background. If we get through the testing phase I am thinking to buy a separete domain for it that will run on Windows hosting. I'll keep you guys updated too!

I also distrubuted @mycrave.org emails to first contributers. You can get yours and help to fund our next project. Thanks.
I rewrote the entire wallet in a newer tech.  On Friday I solved the last major hurdle/roadblock and got data flowing correctly between the UI and the back-end/internal objects.  Now I am just working on nice refinements like subtle animations and lighting effects/glow effects on mouseovers etc.  I got the slide-in menu structure working, so when you click on the menu grid icon it slides in from the left with a fade-in and the content is animated to slide to the right, etc.  It is all coming together real nice now and I expect to deliver....soon Wink  very soon Wink  There may be some refinements to do post-release for the user experience on mobile platforms but I expect that that will be minimal.  Theoretically it should just auto-magically work fine.  Anyway, I don't think we have seen anything quite like this wallet in crypto to date.  Definitely going to raise the bar again.

oh man wow... haha, we should be ready for a new round of crave clones - first one ain't over yet  Grin ..... would be fun to piss off the cloner devs with a closed source for a couple of days......
Yes, there will be no future clone issue Wink  They are destroying the alt scene, a different approach is needed.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

i am very glad to believe you and i am too impatient to see new wallt and updates. Good work ICM. And @starin , thank you so much for the website and mail address. i like the website very much. This is for you (you and icm) :

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crave/tx.dws?d3867ba494eb0ba8c8a972d549e439d45dd46e46baa68717b590760c7769df45.htm

i know it s not much , just 50 crave but i ll send more . This is just beginning. Thanks for all kind works.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

oh man wow... haha, we should be ready for a new round of crave clones - first one ain't over yet  Grin ..... would be fun to piss off the cloner devs with a closed source for a couple of days......
legendary
Activity: 1246
Infected Mushroom
Dump Shocked

I wouldn't mind more dumps into my buys tbh. Smiley

Haha! What a pump, lol. Seriously, people still believe in that scammer shit?
And please go troll other coins. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: