Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Crimecoin Released Version 1.2 09/08/13 - page 9. (Read 14628 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
not compiling
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
Just that I'd mention that CaptChadd was talking about this earlier today on IRC, about an hour before he posted here.  He was looking for a beta tester and I think I was the first (or second, counting CaptChadd.)

I had no problem getting this up and running.  Grats on your experiment.  Now let's all get this thing to Cryptsy. Wink
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
I will leave this coin to carry on.

The diff started rock bottom the same as most coins but with the 5 min blocks and 288 (284) max blocks then the difficulty rises quickly meaning that even I could not premine a massive amount of coins. Even for a test coin, this is quiet a fair one.

The lessons I learn from this one will help with the next one that I release sometime in the future.

I will be updating the Crimecoin client, I will also add some checkpoints too. That's only fair for the users that are mining this coin, test or not.

And I will put together a simple website for the coin.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
did the diff suddenly go up massively? i was getting a block every few mins steady, then all of a sudden nothing for an hour?

The diff is now 0.3

what was the starting diff on release?

what's the hash on this right now? are you going to destroy this coin after some time and start it again? is it just a test or will you leave this coin to run it's course and start a new coin?
did the diff suddenly go up massively? i was getting a block every few mins steady, then all of a sudden nothing for an hour?

The diff is now 0.3
If you didn't change the nRetarget, its max diff change of 4x over each interval, looking the explorer it looks like every 284 blocks based on your target time. That's pretty close to your 288 block target, not bad. Diff is going up in 4x chunks, you'll find if people drop off about .5 something it should come back down, though with the 4x jumps its easy to get it stuck at 1.xx, quite a few coins have learned that the hardway (mine included)!

What a way to get out of that problem? Change the nRetarget?
legendary
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Well thanks to diatonic Crimecoin now has a block explorer.

It can be found here : http://altcha.in/chain/Crimecoin

I am guessing people just like crime or something.

Pretty basic block explorer, but a very good start for such a new coin.
Anyone having any problems with Crimecoin at the moment? Any connection problems or anything?

I have 0 connections since I restarted it.
Activity: 308
If you didn't change the nRetarget, its max diff change of 4x over each interval, looking the explorer it looks like every 284 blocks based on your target time. That's pretty close to your 288 block target, not bad. Diff is going up in 4x chunks, you'll find if people drop off about .5 something it should come back down, though with the 4x jumps its easy to get it stuck at 1.xx, quite a few coins have learned that the hardway (mine included)!
My main here though it to learn my mistakes and great a much better, different coin, maybe a sister coin to BBQcoin or something. I don't know yet, I have so much written down, plan after plan.

Hell yea, that's exactly what 'foocoin' is for. Glad I could help in an obscure way Cheesy BTW, love the icon changes!

Yeah that was one of the last things I did. I love that pistol, I fired it in Las Vegas and when in the Army. The only thing I think I might has messed up a little is the block details. I put 25 per block, 5 min block but only 288 block a day.

So how will that effect things? Will the diff just go through the roof?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Keep testing, hopefully people who can will help.
Take your time, and make a good coin out of everything.
My main here though it to learn my mistakes and great a much better, different coin, maybe a sister coin to BBQcoin or something. I don't know yet, I have so much written down, plan after plan.

Hell yea, that's exactly what 'foocoin' is for. Glad I could help in an obscure way Cheesy BTW, love the icon changes!
legendary
ha, just got a block has a little gun pic next to it.

i like it, will mine as many blocks as i can in 24hours.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I like the little picture when a coin is mined Grin

Just wanted to say same thing Cheesy Just found first block and made my day Cheesy
Same here, it's epic  Cool
I am honored, the man behind BQC cloning foocoin. Thanks CaptChadd! You left my name in the "about" box Smiley Its not a crime though and I'm glad in some small way I helped you make another coin!!

Your guide was great as I knew nothing about coding but I am learning so much everyday. As this is a test coin, I left a lot in, and some mistakes, like cmc instead of CMC. But hats off to you mate.

I am honored, the man behind BQC cloning foocoin. Thanks CaptChadd! You left my name in the "about" box Smiley Its not a crime though and I'm glad in some small way I helped you make another coin!!

HoooWhoooo !

Don't stop till ya get enough!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

HoooWhoooo !
Well thanks to diatonic Crimecoin now has a block explorer.

It can be found here : http://altcha.in/chain/Crimecoin

I am guessing people just like crime or something.
Pages:
Jump to: