Pages:
Author

Topic: |ANN| CrocodileCash | PoW/DPOS/PoS Hybrid | Snap Them Up Fast | Android Wallet | - page 11. (Read 61444 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
what a panic seel on yobit?  Shocked  I don't care.  still holding my coins

Let thing about new features for croc wallet, we have a place for experiments here
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Big news!

Update for Croc-lo coming soon.

You may want to buy some CROC before. Because the news after that makes using it more worth while Smiley

Basically I'm going to generalize Croc-lo code to adapt to any multiplayer game with "sessions". The goal is to keep everything on-chain - no off-chain wallets. This keeps CROCs in people's wallets to stake, and be secure.

This could mean for example:

You want to play Chess for money. You and someone else create a session and input your money to a wallet address. The code gives the winner the amount they should win.

You want to create a lottery game. Everyone sends money to a wallet address. The code gives the winner the amount they should win.

It will have a simple API to hook into.

It will be re-written in Rust to have extremely low resource usage, so server owners can run several games.

To prevent other altcoins from having this "advantage", you must pay a certain amount in CROC, and also present your game idea to me. You are basically purchasing a license to use the code. Note: you will get the source code in this "package", which will include an example of how to use it and setup.

Any updates or support will require further payment.
This is practically how most FOSS organizations work to make money - through support. Except here we want to encourage the use of CROC, so this restriction helps our cause.

no doubt great news, actually I have some
50,000 crocs, see if I can get up to 100,000 crocs.
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
Big news!

Basically I'm going to generalize Croc-lo code to adapt to any multiplayer game with "sessions". The goal is to keep everything on-chain - no off-chain wallets. This keeps CROCs in people's wallets to stake, and be secure.

You want to play Chess for money. You and someone else create a session and input your money to a wallet address. The code gives the winner the amount they should win.

You want to create a lottery game. Everyone sends money to a wallet address. The code gives the winner the amount they should win.

To prevent other altcoins from having this "advantage", you must pay a certain amount in CROC, and also present your game idea to me. You are basically purchasing a license to use the code. Note: you will get the source code in this "package", which will include an example of how to use it and setup.

This is practically how most FOSS organizations work to make money - through support. Except here we want to encourage the use of CROC, so this restriction helps our cause.
That sounds awesome.

It's probably big in scope (how ambitious are any coders out there??) but I kind of wish there was more along the lines of Shadowrun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun ) / Neal Stephenson/William Gibson/Philip K. Dick/Robert Heinlein/Alan Moore/ or other cyberpunk-or-"Space-Opera"-themed (I know some folks that were bigtime into Bioshock and the Fallout game series).  I'm also partial to historical strategy games (played a lot of Age of Empires and Mount and Blade although not a huge gamer overall).
I just wanted to acknowledge whoever dumped all the CROC at Cryptohub: thank you for dumping 14,000 CROC on my low-ball orders!!!   Grin Shocked Cool   You're a gentleman/lady and a scholar; I'm drinking to your health.  It's my pleasure being on the other side of what I suspect is repeat-business in these trades.  Let's trade again soon (you take the BTC for whatever and I'll keep accumulating and staking the cheap CROC)!

Expect future support or stink-bids in the near-future; however, any newly-bought CROC will not revisit any market until the typical trade is a much more significant price.
Activity: 196
Merit: 135
Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.
Big news!

You may want to buy some CROC before. Because the news after that makes using it more worth while Smiley

It will have a simple API to hook into.

It will be re-written in Rust to have extremely low resource usage, so server owners can run several games.

Wow, seasteading and cryptocurrency practically go hand-in-hand.

I agree that cryptocurrencies will succeed more in groups than on a global scale. It's too demanding of a single cryptocurrency to dominate (even Bitcoin).

This will lead to several Bitcoin blockchains running and intercommunicating. Perhaps interplanetary exchange.

CrocodileCash is aimed at being a certain groups currency. This group satisfies the following:

1. They are new to cryptocurrency, and need something simple to begin.
2. They want to be able to use it simply; direct deposits to services and things happen.
3. It should be fast.
4. Holding onto the currency has its benefits: you earn more.

and that's all.

To me we are in a sweet spot to make this happen. There are not too many (any?) cryptocurrencies that meet this demand.
Study of currency value increase

a. How to encourage the use of currency?

Who wouldn't want to pay for their favorite food or drink with Croc's?

any comments.................................................

I've got a few quibbles and reflections on this...  As some background (and to provide context), I'm somewhat of a relative newbie in the cryptospace (only buying my first bit of BTC back in June 2016 e.v. and starting to read up and delve into alts only back in May of this year).  I've however been very into gold, silver, and palladium for at least eleven years.  Also, as a resident in one of the predominant "Anglo-sphere" countries that is among the "Five-Eyes" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes ... think Soviet-Bloc East German surveillance with a happy-face or with lip-service/disinformation/the trappings of human-rights and liberty), it's in my long-term self-interest to report to tax authorities when I've had a capital gain on a crypto and also report as income anything that I've mined -- and not attempt to hide these (even though I'm also openly interested in privacy-coins such as Spectre and Monero as I think people can be ethical but most states rarely are at their coercive/duplicitous core).

So... it makes much more sense (to me) to keep a crypto as a form of money/savings or speculation and not use it too readily for day-to-day spending (the accounting is easier as no tax-hit is anticipated when using fiat/debt-based nation-state currency).

Still, I also mentioned Seasteading within this thread previously (seasteading.org) and I think -- in the long run -- there should be more options for political and economic visions than the limited options available as yet.  I also think it's very important that people become more than a one-planet species in this century for long-term human survival.  Cryptocurrencies, I'm asserting, are money for future societies, or blocs/peers within existing societies.  In the places where each of us live now, there is always the threat from vested interests in the political and banking worlds (the reputed "elites") whose grip on power or clout/influence is threatened by peer-to-peer money.

This perspective also substantiates the idea from economics known as Gresham's Law ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law : people hoard good money and the crappy money usually circulates so long as people willingly accept it).  Why would you spend a currency that has a potentially stronger value and is expected to retain its buying power  -- for instance CROC... but any crypto with staying-power  -- when a merchant is forced through legal tender laws to accept fiat and accustomed through inertia or common-use to accept it?   In short, it's perhaps too early to spend cryptos (or one should hedge and spend a little while keeping some in reserve given the political risk involved).

Ok, in this case crpytomonedas must be understood as futures of raw material, each coin could represent a metal, aluminum, copper, silver, gold, etc...
The higher the value, the more noble the metal must be.

We must then do an alchemical job of turning lead into gold.

I've got a few quibbles and reflections on this...  As some background (and to provide context), I'm somewhat of a relative newbie in the cryptospace (only buying my first bit of BTC back in June 2016 e.v. and starting to read up and delve into alts only back in May of this year).  I've however been very into gold, silver, and palladium for at least eleven years.  Also, as a resident in one of the predominant "Anglo-sphere" countries that is among the "Five-Eyes" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes ... think Soviet-Bloc East German surveillance with a happy-face or with lip-service/disinformation/the trappings of human-rights and liberty), it's in my long-term self-interest to report to tax authorities when I've had a capital gain on a crypto and also report as income anything that I've mined -- and not attempt to hide these (even though I'm also openly interested in privacy-coins such as Spectre and Monero as I think people can be ethical but most states rarely are at their coercive/duplicitous core).

So... it makes much more sense (to me) to keep a crypto as a form of money/savings or speculation and not use it too readily for day-to-day spending (the accounting is easier as no tax-hit is anticipated when using fiat/debt-based nation-state currency).

Still, I also mentioned Seasteading within this thread previously (seasteading.org) and I think -- in the long run -- there should be more options for political and economic visions than the limited options available as yet.  I also think it's very important that people become more than a one-planet species in this century for long-term human survival.  Cryptocurrencies, I'm asserting, are money for future societies, or blocs/peers within existing societies.  In the places where each of us live now, there is always the threat from vested interests in the political and banking worlds (the reputed "elites") whose grip on power or clout/influence is threatened by peer-to-peer money.

This perspective also substantiates the idea from economics known as Gresham's Law ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law : people hoard good money and the crappy money usually circulates so long as people willingly accept it).  Why would you spend a currency that has a potentially stronger value and is expected to retain its buying power  -- for instance CROC... but any crypto with staying-power  -- when a merchant is forced through legal tender laws to accept fiat and accustomed through inertia or common-use to accept it?   In short, it's perhaps too early to spend cryptos (or one should hedge and spend a little while keeping some in reserve given the political risk involved).
Has anybody setup a new Twitter for CROC ? If they have or could I can link it to the existing website since its currently displaying nothing as the account doesn't exist anymore.

As far as I know, no.

I really hope someone steps up for this.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
Has anybody setup a new Twitter for CROC ? If they have or could I can link it to the existing website since its currently displaying nothing as the account doesn't exist anymore.

This coin has a lot of potential, because it represents values that we all want to possess
as Strength and intelligence.
Thousands of other currencies, do not have this strength...

Objective 1..
would be to improve the logo, keeping the crocodile dreadful, by its strength and intelligence.
Objective 2..

b. Smart and Fast Currency?
In what way can these technical qualities be implemented in the currency....

Activity: 114
I'm Not Pretty Enough !!!
Will croc ever get listed @cmc ? how is the community planning to improve its popularity. I think getting to better exchange will make this happen. I perceive people are willing to take this project to next level.

How when the volume isn't even 10k a day which is a minimum CoinMarketCap requirement ?

Other exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex won't accept this until demand jumps considerably.

I already done my part to get it on YoBit and it didn't really pay off, basically I got my part of the listing fee back plus a little profit.
Activity: 97
Will croc ever get listed @cmc ? how is the community planning to improve its popularity. I think getting to better exchange will make this happen. I perceive people are willing to take this project to next level.
Sup guys, where is crocodile cash being traded? I heard about an Alibaba partnership

Where did you hear a rumor of an Alibaba partnership?  (That would be great exposure and potential volume... but how would they have come across and then decided on this coin among the thousands out there?)
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Sup guys, where is crocodile cash being traded? I heard about an Alibaba partnership
Hey you can trade croc @ https://cryptohub.online/market/CROC     and  yobit.io/en/trade/CROC/BTC
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot....
I have a good feeling about CROC being around for quite a while, after all they did last 55 Million years Cheesy

Fork this shit and re launch  Cheesy

Heh. I don't want to fork or have a "relaunch". The idea is to keep CrocodileCash as untouched as possible, while doing sensible upgrades (the biggest being able to do atomic swaps with Bitcoin).

The other idea is to build a strong surrounding ecosystem. Then it will never die.

The value will naturally go up. A relaunch I fear would give the impression CrocodileCash has "died" before, which isn't the case. It's just getting started!

Agreed, the only "relaunch" that would be sensible is possibly creating a new thread so that we will be able to update the announcement page when necessary; otherwise, making constructive and thought-out improvements to what we have seems the most optimal way to proceed.

I don't know if there's a project management system/tool that people might recommend that's facilitative or useful (?).  We have the slack channel but that's not necessarily the same thing.  It should be public/transparent of course.

OK, so to keep things coherent, the current line-up is:

heratys111 (pending)
currypto
Hyperjacked
startsts

and I would like one more to be 100% satisfied.

Yeah I'd be willing to help with the steering, directing, and exhorting (my coding experience is not completely novice but it's not exactly my full-time job or something I'm very skilled at or knowledgeable about either).
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
I need animation sprites of crocodiles. Any idea where to search?
Pages:
Jump to: