Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1006. (Read 3426921 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
There is a GTX 760 in there and the user claims he cranked up the gpu core clock by +352. I have not seen any test/review that got past 190-200, depending on the manufacturer, before the cards more or less crashed instantly in the benchmarks. He either made a mistake or has some magical oc powers.

Scrypt-jane doesn't stresses the GPU like benchmarks and games. For example in my case, 1215 Mhz core clock OC (from 1136 stock) is pushing it in benchmarks/games/scrypt hashing, but for scrypt-jane I'm going stable for days at 1293 Mhz.

I'm not saying that makes that +352 Mhz core OC legit, but it is within the realm of possibility when the card is only being used for scrypt-jane.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Please guys take a minute and add your Scrypt-jane results!

Scrypt-jane sheet

Scrypt-jane survey

There is a GTX 760 in there and the user claims he cranked up the gpu core clock by +352. I have not seen any test/review that got past 190-200, depending on the manufacturer, before the cards more or less crashed instantly in the benchmarks. He either made a mistake or has some magical oc powers.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
I complete the survey but I made a mistake...
The result for GTX 770 4GO is with N = 14 and not 15

Thanks!
No worries, it's fixed. You can leave notes/comments on the cells for me to change values as you wish - without logging in.
Activity: 12
It's there!

I complete the survey but I made a mistake...
The result for GTX 770 4GO is with N = 14 and not 15
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Activity: 329
Merit: 100
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

Scrypt-jane sheet

Scrypt-jane survey

pls up link to first post !
legendary
ICO? Not even once.

Scrypt-jane sheet

Scrypt-jane survey
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
SizzleBits
I was just looking on amazon to buy another matching 660 ti PE so that I can run one constant and have the existing one for normal use and I saw this card that just looks a bit weird to me..Sparkle PC GeForce GTX 660Ti 2 GB 256-Bit ATX Graphics Card SX660TI2048MHI by Sparkle PC http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ABGU3M8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Bnb2sb1GT5RNH

Its a 2 gig card which is fine but it has a 256 bit memory bus which is not like any other 660 ti because the highest I've ever heard for a 660 ti is the PE cards that have 192 bit and the reference ti has less if I remember correctly and then finally in the description it says its Fermi based...but 660 ti are all Kepler gpus....?

Check the manufacturer page : http://www.sparkle.com.tw/en/products_detail.asp?ID=63
192 bit memory
kepler architecture

I love that Amazon has it wrong because Im pretty sure the listing was amazon fulfilled. Yea I thought it was too good to be true.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
I was just looking on amazon to buy another matching 660 ti PE so that I can run one constant and have the existing one for normal use and I saw this card that just looks a bit weird to me..Sparkle PC GeForce GTX 660Ti 2 GB 256-Bit ATX Graphics Card SX660TI2048MHI by Sparkle PC http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ABGU3M8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Bnb2sb1GT5RNH

Its a 2 gig card which is fine but it has a 256 bit memory bus which is not like any other 660 ti because the highest I've ever heard for a 660 ti is the PE cards that have 192 bit and the reference ti has less if I remember correctly and then finally in the description it says its Fermi based...but 660 ti are all Kepler gpus....?

Check the manufacturer page : http://www.sparkle.com.tw/en/products_detail.asp?ID=63
192 bit memory
kepler architecture
Activity: 84
SizzleBits

Activity: 79
No you use normal risers. Powerd risers are used when you have so many cards because power is also deliverd to the gpu through the pci-express lanes. Only so much can be sent through them without destroying your motherboard as the power to it is supplied through 1 connector. This uses molex sockets on the motherboard to supply the extra pci express power needed to run so many gpus.

That way normal risers can be used. As powerd risers are more expensive

Any of you guys seen these motherboards?http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/h81%20pro%20btc/

Dedicated mining motherboards lmao. Designed for extra pci express power so you dont need powerd risers

Cant help but question, if you dont need powered risers the why is there a 4 pin connector for powered risers? just to be safe?

I think you might be looking at it backwards - that plug is there to add extra current into the motherboard, not to get current out..

Ah now i get it, thanks.

Edit-: this will on the top of my purchase list for a mining rig. as it is only 53 euro's
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Anybody with a GT 640 (4GB) willing to do an N 15 performance benchmark please?

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:15 --benchmark...

Edit:
The 4GB GT 640 models have GDDR3 on them with compute capability 2.1, while the compute capability 3.5 models have GDDR5, in which case those only have 1 (maybe 2?) GB memory. So 640's are not that great after all?
Activity: 13
A bit of research on Fermi performance with the new X-perimental kernel (Dave Andersen's work ported over to Fermi)

GTX 560Ti 1280MB: 0.83 kHash/s with -X 8x1    <--- the low VRAM is really hurting
GT 630 4GB VRAM: 0.72 kHash/s                      <--- low cost, low performance. The RAM doesn't help Wink
GTX 660 OEM 4GB VRAM: 1.25 kHash/s             <--- that is one strange OEM part, I must say.

The new code is about 50% faster then the existing Fermi kernel for scrypt-jane. But I do get occasional
validation errors on Fermi + Kepler when I enable -C 1 or -C 2. Strange. Hence avoid Fermi parts like the
plague if you intend to do scrypt-jane.

In comparison.

A GT 640 (GK107) 4GB at stock clocks will do something in the range of 1.65 kHash/s. This is somewhat less than I expected
because my GT750M laptop part (same chip) delivers 2.1 kHash/s.

A GT 640 (GK208) 1GB GDDR5 manages to do 1.25 kHash/s with mild overclock. Again the low VRAM is hurting.

I will be getting more Kepler parts for comparison. GTX 650, GTX 650Ti (not the Boost version) with 2GB each.

Christian

Could you please give me your settings for the 750M? Using the same card (probably? got a 4GB DDR3 one) but so far i only manage to get ~1.10k out of it.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
this is the reason I build dedicated mining PCs with idle power draw <50 Watts (not including video card idle power)
alternatively: fit more cards into your box, e.g. extra GT 640's

Well, this is my main PC with CPU idle states disabled, with heavy overclock, an aftermarket cooler and a bunch of bells and whistles and even a CRT monitor (yes, CRT - using ~54 W).
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Any of you guys seen these motherboards?http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/h81%20pro%20btc/

Dedicated mining motherboards lmao. Designed for extra pci express power so you dont need powerd risers

Cant help but question, if you dont need powered risers the why is there a 4 pin connector for powered risers? just to be safe?

I think you might be looking at it backwards - that plug is there to add extra current into the motherboard, not to get current out..
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
No you use normal risers. Powerd risers are used when you have so many cards because power is also deliverd to the gpu through the pci-express lanes. Only so much can be sent through them without destroying your motherboard as the power to it is supplied through 1 connector. This uses molex sockets on the motherboard to supply the extra pci express power needed to run so many gpus.

That way normal risers can be used. As powerd risers are more expensive
Activity: 79

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
That is true, it probably consumes much less power. I only compared GPU temp and it´s 10C lower with scrypt-jane.

GTX 660 non-Ti:

Idle
Power consumption from wall: 170 W
Scrypt-jane
Power consumption from wall: 265 W (ΔP 95 W)
Scrypt
Power consumption from wall: 321 W (ΔP 151 W)

this is the reason I build dedicated mining PCs with idle power draw <50 Watts (not including video card idle power)
alternatively: fit more cards into your box, e.g. extra GT 640's
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
That is true, it probably consumes much less power. I only compared GPU temp and it´s 10C lower with scrypt-jane.

GTX 660 non-Ti:

Idle (P8 state, 324 Mhz core)
Power consumption from wall: 170 W
Temp: 34°C

Scrypt-jane+heavy OC (~2.44 kH/s)
Power consumption from wall: 265 W (ΔP 95 W)
Temp: 59°C

Scrypt+slight OC (~226kH/s)
Power consumption from wall: 321 W (ΔP 151 W)
Temp: 69°C
Jump to: