Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 560. (Read 3426922 times)

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
So what improvements does v0.6 of ccminer have?

the ability to mine jackpotcoin

Which is also gone now that have hard-forked it?
did they already forked ?

The fork code is in the github repository for jack...coin now.  It takes effect as of block 6000.  So you can still use ccminer on it for a while longer.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
How many myr is a 750Ti expected to get in a day?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform
has anyone been able to confirm if --algo=myr-gr works?
work fine for me

What is a good Myr-Grostle coin to mine?

I usually set up a config so I can switch over if there is a decent reason in the future.

Haven't set up any of these yet.

Thanks
Activity: 263
work fine for me
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I get 5MH/s with 750 TI mining myr-groestl
Try with cuda 5.5, cuda 6.0, without max registers, with or without  MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 1 - no changes get 600kh/s less...

did you see the post above about my misspelling of the MAXWELL_OR_FERMI #if condition? After adjusting for this mistake
I got 3200 kHash/s again on a 750Ti.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6422096

you can either fix the spelling in the #if clause, or set an incorrectly spelled #define MAXWELL_OR_FEMRI to 1
yup, got my 3.6MH/s back for 750ti, but without increase in hashes for GRS back to mining UTC Wink
No increase, just a slightly higher clock.
0.6 gives the same speed
Activity: 308
I am at 3.5MH/s on ccminer 0.6 on my 750Ti's after fixing the spelling mistake

So,that's a 100 kH/s increase,right? Is there a chance of compiling it again please?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Christian
I am at 3.5MH/s on ccminer 0.6 on my 750Ti's after fixing the spelling mistake
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Try with cuda 5.5, cuda 6.0, without max registers, with or without  MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 1 - no changes get 600kh/s less...

did you see the post above about my misspelling of the MAXWELL_OR_FERMI #if condition? After adjusting for this mistake
I got 3200 kHash/s again on a 750Ti.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6422096

you can either fix the spelling in the #if clause, or set an incorrectly spelled #define MAXWELL_OR_FEMRI to 1

Christian

I haven't seen anything other than what Christian posted about that. There is nothing on their forum either about it.

Let me know if you see anything.
Let us all know if there is improvements please, and thanks for testing these things, I know it takes some time.

for my 750Ti's i didnt see an improvement in the new release, mining groestl that is. but i believe that christian uses the code to bypass the table lookups so the cards that can take advantage do, and those that cant, dont
yes. can't see any improvement in the new release too. work on old version for my 750ti and 660ti with no changes too.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
yeh i can see a lot of people are going to ask, here is 32bit and 64bit ccminer 0.6 compiled
https://mega.co.nz/#!Aw13XIYD!ETSB1GRSQdmqGt1jnlMLV4ZOhJ__qtfOSc0vOMKyUQY
Thanks bigjme. Is this Compute 3.5? I tried using your compile with my same old groestl bat file. The performance was worse. From 3100+ kh/s down to ~2450kh/s. You experiencing any difference?

on Windows this should now be built in four flavours, when done correctly Wink

Compute 2.0  with #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 1   <-- Fermi
Compute 3.0  with #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 0   <-- old Kepler
Compute 3.5  with #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 0   <-- highend Kepler and GT630/640 with compute 3.5
Compute 3.5  with #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 1   <-- for Maxwell

the flag must be set in both .cu modules with "groestl" in its name. It affects
the speed optimization of the Groestl code.

at some point I will code a runtime selection of the MAXWELL_OR_FERMI flag.

Christian

Another great job! Thank you. Will you add support for Dark coin and PTS? ☺
Activity: 280
What kinds of speeds are people seeing with the myr-gro algo in ccminer6? 
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
So what improvements does v0.6 of ccminer have?

the ability to mine jackpotcoin

Which is also gone now that have hard-forked it?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Anyone have any luck mining GRS at Dwarf pool using myr-groestl with ccminer 0.6?

It never seems to submit shares when I leave it running for a few minutes.
Yep. the code for i think it was compute 3.0 cards was improved aswell, mining groestl that is
I also notice that Groestlcoin gets it daily jump up the profits list on CoinWarz, and that can't hurt for visibility purposes.

It just showed up as #2 in the daily profit ratings, and since you can't deactivate seeing the Groestl algo coins with the Scrypt coins, there are a lot of people mining lots of Scrypt laying eyes on this new algo for the first time.
Jump to: