Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 609. (Read 3426922 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
open sourcing it would be a problem. Last time we did this (heavycoin) the AMD guys caught up within a few days...

if it gives us an edge then screw open source, just give us the exe's Smiley

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I would think that the vast majority on here trust cbuchner1 with their rigs.

~C
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
open sourcing it would be a problem. Last time we did this (heavycoin) the AMD guys caught up within a few days...

if it gives us an edge then screw open source, just give us the exe's Smiley
Activity: 623
Merit: 500

we're working on a KILLER groestl, requiring a deeper understanding of the hash algo.
When done, everything else will be toast.

This would turn quark, X11, groestl, myriad-groestl into CUDA coins.

Christian

Yay!!!
Activity: 280

we're working on a KILLER groestl, requiring a deeper understanding of the hash algo.

Christian

Mwhahaah sweet!

Can't wait to see what the 780 will do on myriad-groestl with cudaminer running it. As it is its faster than all my other ati cards so it should sweet to see.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Oh you mean the €0.22 per kWh they charge in The Netherlands?
Of which €0.09 is the ACTUAL energy price? Roll Eyes

exactly that Wink
at the moment im paying £0.135 per KwH here in the uk, so about €0.16

I was kind of pissed that I am paying .096 cents per kwh here in Arizona.

0.096 USD = 0.070064 EUR

I don't feel so bad now that I see what you guys are paying.

that .096 USD even includes some BS power supply charges, the actual rate per KWH is .0652 USD (0.047585 EUR)

Mining HVC, my 4x 750ti rig should cost $18.82/month in power charges (13.735495 EUR).

of course having a huge nuclear plant just 130 miles north of here you would hope there is some advantage... Smiley

Keep in mind those cards only burn 30w unless you're using a custom firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What's the word on cudaminer X11 support?
That's not entirely accurate. The 750Ti's burn more than 30w depending on the algorithm used.

They're locked at the firmware level to not go passed 30 watts. Show me proof.
Buddy I don't owe you proof. You either take my word for fact or be a fool when you buy yourself these cards and see the usage way higher than 30 watts. I have 9 of these cards and the Kill-A-Watt and power bill don't lie. I would know.

Take his word on this. I am not saying they reach 100 watts but they definitely go over 30 watts.

I have 4 and plan on getting more. I can say that my cards was bios locked at 38.5 watts. I did the bios edit to 60 watts but decided not to do the upgrade. From all the posters I read that done this it was not worth the extra per per kh/s they got.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection

Christian

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Oh you mean the €0.22 per kWh they charge in The Netherlands?
Of which €0.09 is the ACTUAL energy price? Roll Eyes

exactly that Wink
at the moment im paying £0.135 per KwH here in the uk, so about €0.16

I was kind of pissed that I am paying .096 cents per kwh here in Arizona.

0.096 USD = 0.070064 EUR

I don't feel so bad now that I see what you guys are paying.

that .096 USD even includes some BS power supply charges, the actual rate per KWH is .0652 USD (0.047585 EUR)

Mining HVC, my 4x 750ti rig should cost $18.82/month in power charges (13.735495 EUR).

of course having a huge nuclear plant just 130 miles north of here you would hope there is some advantage... Smiley

Keep in mind those cards only burn 30w unless you're using a custom firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What's the word on cudaminer X11 support?
That's not entirely accurate. The 750Ti's burn more than 30w depending on the algorithm used.

They're locked at the firmware level to not go passed 30 watts. Show me proof.
Buddy I don't owe you proof. You either take my word for fact or be a fool when you buy yourself these cards and see the usage way higher than 30 watts. I have 9 of these cards and the Kill-A-Watt and power bill don't lie. I would know.
legendary
Merit: 1000

Christian

So this will not be a cuda miner? More along the lines of a ccminer, something new?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Christian
legendary
Merit: 1050
Will it work if I use scrypt:64 ? (or something needs to be changed in the code ?)

it should work, but the overhead is larger due to all hashes getting sent over PCIe...

Just tried in benchmark mode, it gives around 8.3Mhash/s at T75x24 (bus usage around 17%)
Will it work if I use scrypt:64 ? (or something needs to be changed in the code ?)

it should work, but the overhead is larger due to all hashes getting sent over PCIe...
legendary
a new scrypt coin with a smaller nfactor (6 instead of 10; 64 instead of 1024) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-aiden-1st-to-use-scrypt-og-gpu-optimized-v01022-released-71015-558414
legendary
the "cudaminer" website has posted a thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--558376

topic doesn't exist?

moderator are pretty fast, I reported it... it was some non sense about bitcoin and litecoin then something about the graphical frontend "cudaminer" and a link to the website...

which user posted this?

Norveg (If I remember well or with a "w" instead of the "v")
the "cudaminer" website has posted a thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--558376

topic doesn't exist?

moderator are pretty fast, I reported it... it was some non sense about bitcoin and litecoin then something about the graphical frontend "cudaminer" and a link to the website...

which user posted this?
legendary

topic doesn't exist?

topic doesn't exist? "either missing or off-limits to you"...

legendary
Activity: 350
Black coins value is rocketing at the moment. Its nice to see a comparison of all the algos. I hadnt realised how many were in use

Ooo and did you decide what you were doing for the miner feedback christian? I wouldnt mind being able to build a web ui for ccminer. Will gladly provide it anyone for free.

Perhaps you would be able to use curl and give an output in json format? Even if it just gave basic information like the last hashrate, if the window has crashed or not. Wouldnt be too hard to make a page to shutdown the windows. Would even allow for some online mining launchers Wink

I dont know how hard the curl stat servers are to implement but it would be great to see. You may have already built something and i have missed it
Jump to: