Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 717. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Okay guys, here is my setup for 1800 khs with 6xMSi 750Ti TF:

- ASRock H81 pro btc with 1.50 bios update
- PSU Corsair CS750M 750W
- DDR-III 8GB Corsair 9-9-9-24 1333Mhz
- SSD Sandisk 60GB
- 6x MSI 750Ti Twin Frozer with following settings:

all cards bios modded to 66.5W Powerlimit
All cards overclocked to +135/+520 except 1 card ( it lacks with just +135/+300 )
Each card plugged to mb with powered usb 3.0 risers 1m lenght.
Overall power consumption is 555-565W.
All the temps are less than 60.

my cudaminer setting: -i 0 -H 2 -l T10x24 -m 1 -b 4096

you have to use x86 cudaminer + google chrome with some flash animation for best results.

Interesting you achieved this with risers. Have you ever tried to see what kind of hashrate you get without risers on those cards?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Tomorrow I'll probably change the mobo on the rig and switch to intel for the first time in 12 years  Grin

Welcome to the light side Smiley

Yes welcome! Intel is just soooooo much more capable. I've owned both and have not tried to fanboy either side, but there is a night and day difference between Intel and AMD.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 140
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 140
Whenever I close Cudaminer (2012-02-28), my system becomes extremely sluggish (Win 7 x64). I was going to say that it seems to be MSI Afterburner that is the culprit but that might not be true. Before running Cudaminer it doesn't take up much CPU resource but after quitting Cudaminer, it fluctuates between 10 and 99%. Beforehand it's no more than 4-6%.

Here is the CPU usage after a fresh boot. It settles very quickly and stays low:

And this is minutes after I've closed Cudaminer *and* MSI Afterburner. Lots of spiking to 99% but it doesn't appear visible in the process list from what I can see.

The CPU is a single core AMD 2.8GHz Sempron but they run perfectly well with cgminer/sgminer/vertminer and AMD cards.

Any ideas? Sad
I_M
Activity: 135
Any progress or updates on the riser issue?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Hi,

Is there a tutorial on how to compile a 32bit version of cudaminer on a 64bit machine (running 64bit ubuntu 12.04). The usual "./configure -m32" whines about openssl.

you need all dependencies as 32 bit versions as well. Install the corresponding :i386 packages

for a few packages the 64 bit developer packages and the 32 bit developer packages may collide,
so you have to pick one.

Christian
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Any suggestions on a vertcoin pool for someone only doing 90Kh? I don't recognize any of the names on the vertcoin.com pool page but dedicatedpool, and that's a 2% fee. I picked a P2P node with low latency at random, I don't know that going P2P is going to be the right path for me.  Tongue

EDIT: I let cudaminer autotune, and it picked K4x32 for my 650ti boost, but I"m running about 2% rejection rate at 64*C and gettng occassional "result did not validate on CPU" errors.

okay just realised, I missed your point in my previous message.
You need to chose a p2pool close to where you leave for latency reason.
Other alternative is to install a private node on your computer and run on it.

edit: realised, I missed (again) your point... choose a pool which gets a lot of blocks.
But to be honest at 90kh, vertcoin won't be profitable at all.

Yeah, 1.2 vertcoin in 12 hours so far. Heck, I'd have to look it up, but it still may be more profitable than doge. Tongue
You should check the "new vertcoin" execoin which may-be one day will reach the profitability of vertcoin (or not... lol ).
I mean it is easier to mine at the moment (but less profitable too...)
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi,

Is there a tutorial on how to compile a 32bit version of cudaminer on a 64bit machine (running 64bit ubuntu 12.04). The usual "./configure -m32" whines about openssl.
Activity: 26
Any suggestions on a vertcoin pool for someone only doing 90Kh? I don't recognize any of the names on the vertcoin.com pool page but dedicatedpool, and that's a 2% fee. I picked a P2P node with low latency at random, I don't know that going P2P is going to be the right path for me.  Tongue

EDIT: I let cudaminer autotune, and it picked K4x32 for my 650ti boost, but I"m running about 2% rejection rate at 64*C and gettng occassional "result did not validate on CPU" errors.

edit: realised, I missed (again) your point... choose a pool which gets a lot of blocks.

Yeah, 1.2 vertcoin in 12 hours so far. Heck, I'd have to look it up, but it still may be more profitable than doge. Tongue
legendary
Is there any news on a cudaminer which works with Darkcoin?

sgminer won't work with nvidia.
same as on the previous page
Activity: 5
Is there any news on a cudaminer which works with Darkcoin?

sgminer won't work with nvidia.
Activity: 154
Tomorrow I'll probably change the mobo on the rig and switch to intel for the first time in 12 years  Grin

Welcome to the light side Smiley
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
After a full day of test I'm really out of ideas  Undecided  pheraps is better to look for a new motherboard ( maybe the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 )
Get a better CPU (AMD is known to suck Tongue)
Or, indeed, the motherboard...

I give up.
I've updated mobo bios, changed the cpu with a quad-core and uninstalled also the wifi usb dongle ( as 69charger suggested )... no luck. Same shitty problem.

Activity: 5
Okay guys, here is my setup for 1800 khs with 6xMSi 750Ti TF:

- ASRock H81 pro btc with 1.50 bios update
- PSU Corsair CS750M 750W
- DDR-III 8GB Corsair 9-9-9-24 1333Mhz
- SSD Sandisk 60GB
- 6x MSI 750Ti Twin Frozer with following settings:

all cards bios modded to 66.5W Powerlimit
All cards overclocked to +135/+520 except 1 card ( it lacks with just +135/+300 )
Each card plugged to mb with powered usb 3.0 risers 1m lenght.
Overall power consumption is 555-565W.
All the temps are less than 60.

my cudaminer setting: -i 0 -H 2 -l T10x24 -m 1 -b 4096

you have to use x86 cudaminer + google chrome with some flash animation for best results.

https://i.imgur.com/MHZxZsA.png
https://i.imgur.com/J8edxuB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nHboH4p.jpg
legendary
Got y-day 2x 750ti to put with my gtx770 and the damn 770 is getting way too hot along-side those two (90C +) and I have nicely vented chassis.
It was hovering around 82C full load OC-ed before. Sad

Anyone can recommend good store with USB risers that delivers to EU? Thanks.
some local dealer (or mining enthusiast) on ebay... That's where I find them... the delivery was pretty fast.
ordered one old model from amazon, it took a month to get delivered from china (things they don't tell you when you buy it...)
legendary

Activity: 177
Got y-day 2x 750ti to put with my gtx770 and the damn 770 is getting way too hot along-side those two (90C +) and I have nicely vented chassis.
It was hovering around 82C full load OC-ed before. Sad

Anyone can recommend good store with USB risers that delivers to EU? Thanks.
Jump to: