Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 751. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!
Good evening everyone. Nice to see you all again. Ready for the Helixcoin launch? I might only have a 560 Ti but I will mine mine mine. Won't settle until I have at least one hundred thousand coins. All thanks to Mister Christian here. Should I try and compile the current branch Christian, or will you do it? Five hours until launch.

PS! Any chance of further Fermi optimizations? Even GTX 750 Ti are bloody expensive over here in Russia.
Activity: 182
Hey guys, I have a question.

how do you set cudaminer to switch to pools automatically?

like say a pool doesnt reconnect, you can autoswitch to another pool after a while.

i know cg miner does it.. but how can u do it on cuda? what is the command?

tryin to set it up and run it automatically cuz i gotta work tonight and im mining something.

thanks
You can set a specific amount of retries, and then make cudaminer terminate automatically when those retries have ran out.
Use -r # for the retry count and -R # for retry seconds

Examples:
Code:
:loop
cudaminer.exe -R 5 -r 10 -o pool1.com -O Acc.Worker:Pass
cudaminer.exe -R 10 -r 5 -o pool2.com -O Acc.Worker:Pass
cudaminer.exe -R 15 -r 2 -o pool3.com -O Acc.Worker:Pass
goto loop
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hey guys, I have a question.

how do you set cudaminer to switch to pools automatically?

like say a pool doesnt reconnect, you can autoswitch to another pool after a while.

i know cg miner does it.. but how can u do it on cuda? what is the command?

tryin to set it up and run it automatically cuz i gotta work tonight and im mining something.

thanks
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Even better, save it in a csv format to make it maybe comparable.

And you're right, I mixed keccak with scrypt-jane, silly me.
Activity: 69
Why are everyone's 780s or Titans so slow? :p

Mine can do 700kh/s without breaking a sweat...and more.  Huh

Teach me master!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Correct output to file syntax appears to be cudaminer.exe > autotune.txt 2>&1

oh I did not know the order mattered that much Wink

should cudaminer maybe automatically save autotune logs? maybe with autotune date and GPU model in the file name and the given command line arguments in a comment line in the log file ?

Christian

I attempted to get autotune to save its results to a file. It worked for the first 13 runs of any scrypt and then cudaminer would crash. This was on a launch about a month ago
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Can't wait to try that out on my 750 TI, would be awesome to have this for the Helixcoin launch tonight!!!

if the nVidia code is free of errors, you will have it for the Helixcoin launch tonight.

Superb , i hope you will compile it ready for use , cause i can`t compile form github? Pleaseee!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

should cudaminer maybe automatically save autotune logs? maybe with autotune date and GPU model in the file name and the given command line arguments in a comment line in the log file ?

Christian

This could be very useful, both for troubleshooting and general launch configs, perhaps it's possible to obtain the hardware id aswell? We all say GTX 780 but there's 4 different ones.
Or perhaps the clock speeds?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

oh I did not know the order mattered that much Wink

Christian
My autotune results for Asus GTX 780 OC:
Code:
-L 4 = -l t128x2 = 5-5.5khash/s pretty much 50/50
-L 5 = -l t79x4 = ~5khash/s
-L 6 = -l t191x2 = 4.3-5khash/s
-L 7 = -l t118x4 = 4-5khash/s more often closer to 4 than 5
Maybe some memory limitation by windows, or maybe the fact that my PCI runs on 2.0 x 16

Edit:
Can't wait to try that out on my 750 TI, would be awesome to have this for the Helixcoin launch tonight!!!

if the nVidia code is free of errors, you will have it for the Helixcoin launch tonight.
I have just one card, Asus GTX 780 Smiley

weird. I am running mine on -L 6.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
oh look what I just got from nVidia:

Attaching the modified keccak.cu. I just got 144 MH/s on a 750 Ti with it (compiled natively for sm_50 with 80 registers). The results should be correct, but I’m not completely sure – can you verify them on a pool?

I received this update after exchanging some discussion about the nvcc compiler's possible use of the funnel shifter on 64 bit rotate/shift instructions.

I will try this out after work - 144 MHash/s on a 750 Ti sounds like a dream come true. And maybe the gain carries over to Compute 3.5,  too.

so far I've seen only 80 MHash/s...

I noticed the best autotune from -L 4 so far.

I think you haven't mentioned yet which hardware you are tuning for.

I was seeing about one kHash/s gain on my GTX 780, for example. My formerly 13 kHash/s 3x 780Ti rig is now pulling 15.6 kHash/s.

Christian

I have just one card, Asus GTX 780 Smiley

I think you haven't mentioned yet which hardware you are tuning for.

I was seeing about one kHash/s gain on my GTX 780, for example. My formerly 13 kHash/s 3x 780Ti rig is now pulling 15.6 kHash/s.

Christian
you can run autotune with the -D flag and abort as soon as you see that there's not much to be gained from waiting longer. It's also a good idea to log the output to a file for later review.

the 2>&1 syntax merges stderr and stdout into a single output stream.

cudaminer.exe  -D -d 0 -l T   2>&1 >autotune_logfile.txt

Only partly logs output to the file on Windows 7...
Would say the GT-640. Some 72 kh/s with scrypt, but still some 1.45 kh/s with keccak. While a 780 Ti (this is now only a guess from reading past posts!) manages around 700 kh/s scrypt and around 4-5 kh/s keccak.

confusing Keccak and Yacoin's scrypt-jane:14, maybe?
Activity: 106
Would say the GT-640. Some 72 kh/s with scrypt, but still some 1.45 kh/s with keccak. While a 780 Ti (this is now only a guess from reading past posts!) manages around 700 kh/s scrypt and around 4-5 kh/s keccak.

[Edit]
Or do I currently mix up keccak with an other algorithm?  Huh
oh look what I just got from nVidia:

Attaching the modified keccak.cu. I just got 144 MH/s on a 750 Ti with it (compiled natively for sm_50 with 80 registers). The results should be correct, but I’m not completely sure – can you verify them on a pool?

I received this update after exchanging some discussion about the nvcc compiler's possible use of the funnel shifter on 64 bit rotate/shift instructions.

I will try this out after work - 144 MHash/s on a 750 Ti sounds like a dream come true. And maybe the gain carries over to Compute 3.5,  too.

so far I've seen only 80 MHash/s...

Not really no. Some very low scrypt cards can get surprisingly high keccak numbers.

would you have any examples for scrypt duds & keccak ace cards?

Christian
Jump to: