Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 761. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
CudaMiner for OS X has been updated to run without requiring Xcode, MacPorts, and other setup steps. 

For binaries and instructions see http://www.johnchapman.net/cudaminer/

Prerequisites

CudaMiner for OS X previously required installing Xcode and MacPorts, in addition to a number of configuration steps.  These are no longer required.  Grin

Nice
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Im getting a way worse hashrate with this new version than what i was before with the previous version, my GTX275 was giving me around 45 KH/s and now i can only get 15 KH out of it. ive tried launch config L80x1 and F30x3, and neither of them make much difference.
Is there anything else i need to change wit the new version, auto tuning is no better.

Please provide information about the old and new release (release dates), as well as previous and current FULL launch configs, operating system this is on, and last please provide information as to what coin you are mining. This should get enough info on the table to have peeps help you out Smiley
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
CudaMiner for OS X has been updated to run without requiring Xcode, MacPorts, and other setup steps. 

For binaries and instructions see http://www.johnchapman.net/cudaminer/

Prerequisites

CudaMiner for OS X previously required installing Xcode and MacPorts, in addition to a number of configuration steps.  These are no longer required.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Im getting a way worse hashrate with this new version than what i was before with the previous version, my GTX275 was giving me around 45 KH/s and now i can only get 15 KH out of it. ive tried launch config L80x1 and F30x3, and neither of them make much difference.
Is there anything else i need to change wit the new version, auto tuning is no better.
Activity: 70
found some basic information about the cgminer API at last: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API-README

cudaminer would probably have to implement only the monitoring APIs at first. The part where you're allowed to switch parameters could be added later (and if so, only the subset that matters to us)

Christian

Adding Monitoring as well as Fail Over will be a huge step toward moving Nvidia mining beyond Hobby-scale (<10MH/s).

On a side note, I've noticed that the topic of Hash per Watt has only ever come up seriously for the Maxwell cards due to how improved it is over the comparable AMD setups. I realized that we almost all look at how high we can tune the hash-rate on a given card, but I don't think anyone has seriously delved into tuning a card for the best Hash/Watt. We've made comparisons between each algo and associated tuning but the main driver has been hash-rate > all. With these new Maxwell Cards it might be a good idea to start seriously exploring Hash/Watt since we are on the cusp of legitimate wide scale use of NVidia Smiley

Remote API
Fail Over
Hash/Watt increase

I'm excited to say the least  Grin though patient as you will get to it when you get to it  Smiley
Activity: 84
Yea, I bet.. I used to be very active in the R.F. hobby area ( amateur radio & such ), Quick story, I was working on a Microwave TWT (amplifier) doing some tuning tests, and the HV cap let go, 3300 VDC @ about .750 mA. I was about 18 inches away from it. It was an old unit, so about a few tenths of  a second later , a huge plume of thick black smoke enveloped the area, I ran as fast as I could. It sounded like a 1/4 stick of tnt went off right next to me. Needless to say that cap needed replacement, with a newer style that wasent filled with the old poisonous junk they used to use. Glad its RMA-able.

-Happy Mining
Activity: 37
It may be hard to get an idea if just that 1 component died..but if thats the only one that let loose, and you are familliar with SMT work, it may be repairable..would need a desoldering station (preferabally air) and some solder paste and a replacement component. Thats a bummer tho.. I feel for ya Sad

It's on the warranty so I'll RMA, it's just a hassle.
Scared the sh*t outta me, it was loud.  
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
is it still under warranty ?
It may be hard to get an idea if just that 1 component died..but if thats the only one that let loose, and you are familliar with SMT work, it may be repairable..would need a desoldering station (preferabally air) and some solder paste and a replacement component. Thats a bummer tho.. I feel for ya Sad
which card is it ?

GIGABYTE GV-N780GHZ-3GD GeForce GTX 780 3GB
legendary
Downloaded latest release last night.  Roll Eyes
I'm sure it was a coincidence, but here's what happened mining VTC:

https://i.imgur.com/89cNc6Y.jpg

Room smelled pretty bad.  Cry

RIP GIGABYTE GV-N780GHZ-3GD GeForce GTX 780 3GB
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
found some basic information about the cgminer API at last: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API-README

cudaminer would probably have to implement only the monitoring APIs at first. The part where you're allowed to switch parameters could be added later (and if so, only the subset that matters to us)

Christian
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
does cuda compile with mingw (that would be the first problem to solve) ?

nVidia's CUDA compilers do not support mingw.

Not really funny IMHO, infact, this seems to be a clear example of some one using others misfortune to benifit. ( Mt Gox's failure to gain website hits )  I diden't really expect anything all that great, considering the websites name. Que sera sera.

-Happy Mining
legendary
does cuda compile with mingw (that would be the first problem to solve) ?
Activity: 69
You do realize that he doesn't get paid for it... As he said reading aaaaall the code to implement his own would be a nightmare.
Activity: 5
Would the author consider talking to Luke-Jr about adding CUDA support to bfgminer?

See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5333306

At the moment it seems more likely that I will be pushing forward with new features to cudaminer, and leave it to someone else to merge CUDA code into cgminer or bfgminer.

NOTE: OC support for Linux is somewhat likely to come, so serious miners won't be stuck having to run Windows
for very long.

Failover and monitoring is on my agenda. Does anyone have links to documentation of the established hardware monitoring APIs?

Christian

Fair enough, I understand the want to make your own mining program. 

To me, a non-programmer, it would make sense to merge your code in to something that's already a solid, stable, well supported program that already has all that groundwork done.  To me, you're reinventing the wheel. Smiley

Christian's code is open source, if anyone wants to fold it into their project, there is nothing stopping them.  As it stands, cudaminer is already solid, stable and well supported that has a ton of great groundwork and a massive following of appreciative users.

Like Christian, I code at my day job and work on open source stuff at home for fun.  I've been doing it for well over a decade now and the operative word is fun.  I make a little cash on donations but if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Meanwhile I am drilling holes in the front of my case waiting for Christian's claim of getting 7khash/s YAC out of GTX 780s Roll Eyes
Also I definately should've sold my BTC from MAX when it was still high lol...
Jump to: