Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 762. (Read 3426922 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Would the author consider talking to Luke-Jr about adding CUDA support to bfgminer?

See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5333306

At the moment it seems more likely that I will be pushing forward with new features to cudaminer, and leave it to someone else to merge CUDA code into cgminer or bfgminer.

NOTE: OC support for Linux is somewhat likely to come, so serious miners won't be stuck having to run Windows
for very long.

Failover and monitoring is on my agenda. Does anyone have links to documentation of the established hardware monitoring APIs?

Christian

Fair enough, I understand the want to make your own mining program.  

To me, a non-programmer, it would make sense to merge your code in to something that's already a solid, stable, well supported program that already has all that groundwork done.  To me, you're reinventing the wheel. Smiley
Unless I missed something, but bfgminer is just doing scrypt/sha-something.
No offence but before wanting to unify across hardware, it would be better to unified across concurrent version of sg/cg/bfgminer. It's such a mess (I have three differents program to run the radeon depending of the algo... Yacminer scrypt-jane;
sph_sgminer darkcoin, qubit, quark; keccak some other version of cgminer... ).
So first thing first get all devs involved in cg/bf/sgminer into the same virtual room and get one unified software (good luck with that)
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

To me, a non-programmer, it would make sense to merge your code in to something that's already a solid, stable, well supported program that already has all that groundwork done.  To me, you're reinventing the wheel. Smiley

For me, working with someone else's MASSIVE codebase is hard. No familarily with the code at all - I would be lost. Have you checked how many different hardware miners this BFGMiner supports? that's just crazy. Getting all the required dependencies for compilation might be a nightmare.

Christian
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Would the author consider talking to Luke-Jr about adding CUDA support to bfgminer?

At the moment it seems more likely that I will be pushing forward with new features to cudaminer, and leave it to someone else to merge CUDA code into cgminer or bfgminer.

NOTE: OC support for Linux is somewhat likely to come, so serious miners won't be stuck having to run Windows
for very long.

Failover and monitoring is on my agenda. Does anyone have links to documentation of the established hardware monitoring APIs?

Christian

To me, a non-programmer, it would make sense to merge your code in to something that's already a solid, stable, well supported program that already has all that groundwork done.  To me, you're reinventing the wheel. Smiley
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Sorry, but I  searched last pages but I did'nt find it:  how I can raise the clock gpu over the limit 1310 (100% in evga or afterburner)
I think about flash with kepler, but what parameter I should change?
This one?  http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/gtx-750-ti-cudaminer/

I already do this, but only with watt mod i can't raise the clock limit over 1310, somebody go over 1370....

for very long.

Christian
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
waiting for the soon to come nvidia 800 serie doesn't seem to be an option around here... lol
clearly the 750ti is just around (in my opinion) to show the capability of the maxwell card...
(hope the huge success of the 750(ti) among miners won't delay the launch of the 800 serie)

Worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Today there are these new toys to play with Smiley
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
Regarding the GTX 750 Ti  I'm searching for a way to put 9-10 cards on one motherboard, anyone found a good pcie card splitter (like 1slot@16x to 2slot@8x or 1slot@16x to 4slot@4x) ?

But they works?

As long as they are powered or the gtx 750 have the pci power connector it should work...
Something like that http://eshop.sintech.cn/pcie-express-4port-1x-multiplier-riser-cable-diy-bitcoin-miner-p-899.html?zenid=tms0220vl7nu4strp682nmt4k7
too bad that is a bit pricey  Roll Eyes

@djm34 the 800 series will not come out before the Q3 2014... in 6 months I can mine with the 750, reach the ROI, make profit and finally sell them
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Regarding the GTX 750 Ti  I'm searching for a way to put 9-10 cards on one motherboard, anyone found a good pcie card splitter (like 1slot@16x to 2slot@8x or 1slot@16x to 4slot@4x) ?

But they works?
waiting for the soon to come nvidia 800 serie doesn't seem to be an option around here... lol
clearly the 750ti is just around (in my opinion) to show the capability of the maxwell card...
(hope the huge success of the 750(ti) among miners won't delay the launch of the 800 serie)
Activity: 100

But they works?
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

I_M
Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just tried that, but it still doesn't seem to want to work. Any other ideas? Thanks.
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt-jane:YAC -H 1 -i 0 -l f8x8 -C 2 -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088

did you autotune with -L 2 maybe and forgot to specify it in the final .bat file?

also try passing -m 1

I think windows people need new binaries for -m 1
Wink

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just tried that, but it still doesn't seem to want to work. Any other ideas? Thanks.
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt-jane:YAC -H 1 -i 0 -l f8x8 -C 2 -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088

did you autotune with -L 2 maybe and forgot to specify it in the final .bat file?

also try passing -m 1
Activity: 84
Hi guys, I am trying to mine Yac with my GTX 590, but it isn't liking my configuration. It works with autotune, but when I use the exact same -l setting that was found in autotune it just completely blows up as in this screenshot. Any ideas? Thanks.

Here is my command line.
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt-jane -H 1 -i 0 -l f8x8 -C 2 -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088

--algo=scrypt-jane:YAC
Activity: 106
Gonna try this cool winpe 64 with the cudaminer 64bit binaries...

http://windowsmatters.com/

thoughts?
I guess if you can somehow include the nvidia drivers including cuda it should work. But I'm pretty sure that this won't be easy.
SizzleBits
Sorry, but I  searched last pages but I did'nt find it:  how I can raise the clock gpu over the limit 1310 (100% in evga or afterburner)
I think about flash with kepler, but what parameter I should change?

Afterburner sucks for nvidia, use EVGA Precision X.
Whats up with afterburner? I haven't used precision X but always been tempted but I have a MSI power edition card that lets me overvolt like crazy. Does precision X have triple overvolting?
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Nevermind, i just looked again and it says scrypt-jane, not scrypt. They use different algorithms so I'm not sure what you should be getting.
That looks very close to what you should be getting. At scrypt:2048 you would be getting 50% of what you would usually get for regular scrypt coins such as doge or litecoin.

You might be able to get a little more out of your card if you change some flags, but to make sure, test what you get on regular scrypt coins and divide that by 2.

Well see thats the problem, 50% of my normal scrypt rate would be 100 kh/s

I am getting 50% of my N-scrypt rate which is close to 100 kh/s

So if this is the case, Im missing 50% of my hash, mabey 40%
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
That looks very close to what you should be getting. At scrypt:2048 you would be getting 50% of what you would usually get for regular scrypt coins such as doge or litecoin.

You might be able to get a little more out of your card if you change some flags, but to make sure, test what you get on regular scrypt coins and divide that by 2.
May need help, or an answer with 2014.2.18 cudaminer mining CACHE coin.

I believe now Cache is now N-Factor 2048 but im really shocked at the slow hash rate I am getting
59-60 kh/s .. usually these N-scrypt coins I get near 100 kh/s, but this is 1/2 of that, is this normal?

Bat: cudaminer.exe  --algo=scrypt-jane:CACH -H 1 -i 0 -C 0 -m 1 -L 1 -l k4x28 -o
stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3364......

Card is a GTX 650 Ti 8GB system ram ( 1GB on card )

I just want to be sure im doing things right.. but pretty shocked at the slow rate.

Thanks in advance!
Jump to: