Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 954. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Getting close to the hash rate 280x! Never thought you'd make it this far.
GTX780 650 kH/s watching videos at the same time.

nVidia was helping ;-)

Gosh I'd think we should just donate a couple BTC to an Nvidia engineer or two and have them code Cudaminer from the ground up for their GPUs. With proper optimizations, I bet you 780's can reach the performance of 290's. 780 Ti's have already proved that they can play with 290x in mining too.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

nVidia was helping ;-)

Activity: 85

Sent 0.30926131 LTC To your motivation account.

The "-l auto" does not pick the best settings for gtx670 (yes I have updated to latest patched version). The settings I've found in this thread gives much higher speeds, 300 compared to 200. Have not yet tried with my other cards.

also browse the spreadsheets linked in the first posting. They will give you some tested configs (just beware of some differences between cudaminer releases).
Activity: 84
SizzleBits
Yay autotune sobered up Tongue
gave me K14x20 @325 khash on my 660 ti.
Still nothing beating K7x32 @340 khash
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Since when was the pause command needed?

12-18 still seems to be the best version.

And that still didn't work.

Here is the thing, I've tried every .bat configuration known to miners and none work with the latest, but 12-18 works fine.
Activity: 70
Your new version doesn't work for me at all, the fixed version - no matter what I do, it just closes automatically.

I'd say double check your .bat config file. If it's shutting down instantly, that usually means it doesn't like something that it's trying to execute.  Huh
Your new version doesn't work for me at all, the fixed version - no matter what I do, it just closes automatically.

I just tried mining with these binaries both under x86 and x64. Works for me.

if you run from a .bat file, add a pause statement at the end

Activity: 43
Looking quite awesome on the overclocking front too, currently seems to be stable at 1241mhz core and default mem, at 1.137V! Working my my down to see where it crashes haha. Now at ~660kh/s
The "-l auto" does not pick the best settings for gtx670 (yes I have updated to latest patched version). The settings I've found in this thread gives much higher speeds, 300 compared to 200. Have not yet tried with my other cards.

yes, autotune has its fair share of problems. most notably the Boost feature of Kepler cards can confuse it.

Christian

Any ideas why both GPU's can't be used at the same time?

suspected nVidia driver bug. use two cudaminer instances. It's all in the README that no one bothers to read Wink

I am running two seperate instances Sad
2 seperate dos windows. 2 seperate folders, 2 seperate commands d 0 and d 1

ok then I apologize. No idea what causes it, really.
Activity: 212
Merit: 102
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

suspected nVidia driver bug. use two cudaminer instances. It's all in the README that no one bothers to read Wink

I am running two seperate instances Sad
2 seperate dos windows. 2 seperate folders, 2 seperate commands d 0 and d 1
Activity: 43
Also, what's up with people getting good results on their 780s using T/Z12x24 ? I get absolutely craptastic results with that!
That's like the 15x24 for some 780ti... yes me too I'd be curious to know... Is there different models (beside factory bios) ?

This is due to the new Titan kernel that the Nvidia engineer submitted. S/He stated that the best config for it will be SMX x 24. This is why this setting is preferred.
780    -l T12x24
Titan  -l T14x24
780Ti  -l T15x24

Please try all -H -C and -m settings before you write the changes off. This is KEY with this release.

I went from
Code:
-l Z14x24 -H 1 -C 1 -m 2
over to
Code:
-l T14x24 -H 1 -C 0 -m 0
(commit 114 to release) saw a very little kh/s change but found that the core could stably OC another 50MHz improving kh/s due to more OC head room Smiley

No matter what combination I use, the best I can get with T12x24 for my 780 is less than 1/3 of T12x20, ~170-185kh/s depending on settings.
Autotune hotfix posted... this makes sure -l auto (or omission of -l) picks the advertised Kernels as described in the README.txt

Can anyone help me with my GTX670 SLi's?

My old settings no longer work with the new version, just validate error after validate error.

cudaminer.exe -H 1 -m 1 -i 0 -l K7x32 -C 1 -o stratum+tcp://stratum-us.doge.hashfaster.com:3339 -O

I tried auto, that doesn't work either, and I tried the "Y" kernal, no go.

What should I do? The new version seems faster, so...
13G
Activity: 17
Also, what's up with people getting good results on their 780s using T/Z12x24 ? I get absolutely craptastic results with that!
That's like the 15x24 for some 780ti... yes me too I'd be curious to know... Is there different models (beside factory bios) ?

This is due to the new Titan kernel that the Nvidia engineer submitted. S/He stated that the best config for it will be SMX x 24. This is why this setting is preferred.
780    -l T12x24
Titan  -l T14x24
780Ti  -l T15x24

Please try all -H -C and -m settings before you write the changes off. This is KEY with this release.

I went from
Code:
-l Z14x24 -H 1 -C 1 -m 2
over to
Code:
-l T14x24 -H 1 -C 0 -m 0
(commit 114 to release) saw a very little kh/s change but found that the core could stably OC another 50MHz improving kh/s due to more OC head room Smiley

For scrypt on GTX TITAN i think this is little bit better:
-d 0 -i 0 -C 2 -m 1 -H 1 -l T14x24 (605khash/s @ 928Mhz)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Had to make the bat from scratch but I did see a 540 to 605 khps on my one GTX 780 and a 475 to 505 increase on the second. Again no idea why although same cards I get different khps... The second starts at 605 and drops to 505 as does the GPU core clock and the Voltage... (that was an issue in all cudaminers so no worries) if anyone can help? Btw no overclock.

What is the launch .bat command you're using for your 780s?

-i 0 -C 2 -H 1 -l T12x20

let me know if it works

Thx for the 12x20, was driving me nuts haha. Good speed increase, went from 500 kh to 600 kh with a 780 going from 12-18 to newest version. Seems to draw less power to boot! Time for some more overclockiiiiiiing Cheesy
And x86 kernel works a lot better now than x64 for me, earlier it was a small difference favoring x64, 10-20kh+ difference now though between them.

Honestly I tried almost every other combination... And yes the x86 does give better result... Any idea why my one card is getting less hps? Sad I cant figure it out...
If one is plugged to a monitor you might get slightly less hash
Jump to: