Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 970. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Not really no. My yacoin wallet has over 20. It just means your mined blocks are checked quicker and you get updates from the chain faster
Activity: 63
Merit: 4
does it matter how many connections you have with you wallet i have 4 on one comp 8 on the other
Would you recommend trying the Z kernel on my 780 to try it christian? For yacoin at the moment that is

I just read this over at multipool
"Bitcointalk admins are discussing the removal of all alt crypto forums."

Would this effect this forum topic?
13G
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
oops, mining MRC with -C 2 using the Z kernel is not validating for me. Some problem
in the kernel it appears... Nothing to do with yesterday's commit, as I haven't touched
that kernel lately...

Strictly speaking the Z kernel shouldn't need support for any -C flags, as a Compute 3.5
device is capable of running any read access through the texture cache...

With -a=scrypt-jane:MRC -H 2 -C 0 -l Z60x24  I get up to 1100 kHash/s per GTX 780Ti.

EDIT: hmmm, two out of 3 cards hit 90 deg C and ran into thermal throttling.

Christian

Again the same - lame question - can you upload please binary win x64 please? ;-)
Activity: 693
Merit: 500

A good coin design could automatically downscale the difficulty at each N-factor change.

I suggested this for YAC quite some time ago - idea was denounced by Windmaster when he finally gave up the dev reigns.  In reality, the diff on YAC adjusts quick enough that it's only painful for a couple days, but I'm definitely with you on that.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Yeah, I stayed up just so I can reconfigure and get back to shoving.
Hope to see some more shiny blocks after work tomorrow.

One thing that sucks about N-factor changes is that the actual difficulty adjustment only takes place later (e.g in 615 blocks from now).. which means that the next 615 blocks will take 64 seconds to find - and not 32 as intended. Meh.

A good coin design could automatically downscale the difficulty at each N-factor change.

Also there is no good reason why the scrypt N parameter always has to grow in powers of 2 (apart from the tiny detail that in the code you can occasionally write &(N-1) instead of %N which is a tiny bit faster.

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Yeah, I stayed up just so I can reconfigure and get back to shoving.
Hope to see some more shiny blocks after work tomorrow.
N=9

oh, and suddenly the world ended. ALL my miners spewed out "does not validate on CPU". lol.
It was eerie.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
legendary
ICO? Not even once.

hey, I think I just spotted a bathrobe on easy-mining.net Wink

Yeah, and I brought you some luck, you found 2 blocks Tongue

Was just curious what is the pool giving me as average coins/day for my hashrate. About 1.5 blocks/day.
Impressive hashrate you're packing!

hey, I think I just spotted a bathrobe on easy-mining.net Wink
Please update us, I hope the return is better then yacoin. As right now im only breaking even on my electric bill
Have you had much of a return on it yet christian?

erm apart from 2 solo mined blocks, and a 5.05 million MRC donation there was not
much of a return. I can call myself a Micro-Millionaire now at least.

I only started throwing massive power at a pool just now. Will check my returns in 24h.

Christian
Have you had much of a return on it yet christian?
oops, mining MRC with -C 2 using the Z kernel is not validating for me. Some problem
in the kernel it appears... Nothing to do with yesterday's commit, as I haven't touched
that kernel lately...

Strictly speaking the Z kernel shouldn't need support for any -C flags, as a Compute 3.5
device is capable of running any read access through the texture cache...

With -a=scrypt-jane:MRC -H 2 -C 0 -l Z60x24  I get up to 1100 kHash/s per GTX 780Ti.

EDIT: hmmm, two out of 3 cards hit 90 deg C and ran into thermal throttling.

Christian
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Scrypt has always been faster on x86 for me since I ever compiled cudaMiner.
Not scrypt, scrypt-jane.
Though it has always been faster on x64 with the latest change it's faster on x86.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Scrypt has always been faster on x86 for me since I ever compiled cudaMiner.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yeh mine dropped aswell

ok I will make that memory access scheme configurable...
Wait for a second, I decided to try out x86 instead of x64 and it seems to be almost as fast as x64 used to be before your revert. Figured that might be interesting to note.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Omg i got my 780ti to mine litecoin at 703-615 khash/S!!! Anyone wanna see my setup? Cuz i was previously having problems with my card but now it works like a charm!

System:
4770k 5ghz
16gb 2133mhz cl9
2x gtx 780ti
Gigabyte G1 sniper.5 1150
Jump to: