Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 967. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I can't wait for the newest release. I'm constantly checking here to see if it's up.  Lips sealed Not that it will really matter for me I'm sure since I have a 550ti.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
how do i do to cudaminer work on linux? is the same version of windows?

Can I help?
Activity: 26

running  -H 1 -m 1

running  -i 0 -m 1 -l Z15x24

If I use -H 1 in there I actually get much lower performance, something like 250 khashes, strange because I don't consider my overclocked 3930K to be a weak CPU.

That actually crashes my display drivers with no overclock Sad

Oh well, ill stick with 12-18 release. Thanks for the info!
Activity: 52

running  -H 1 -m 1

running  -i 0 -m 1 -l Z15x24

If I use -H 1 in there I actually get much lower performance, something like 250 khashes, strange because I don't consider my overclocked 3930K to be a weak CPU.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
someone posted a small tutorial few pages ago...
Activity: 35
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
frankly at the moment it's far from being profitable... It's price has been divided by two or three since monday...

Sure it has, the N factor has increased twice within two weeks and the devs deliberately keeping a low profile and not promoting the coin at the moment. But they will launch their website and start promoting their coin soon enough, maybe even before the next jump. It's not profitable at the moment, but I'm certain it will jump back up. Besides, the difficulty dropped to 1.07.
legendary
frankly at the moment it's far from being profitable... It's price has been divided by two or three since monday...

Awesome, thanks.

I have 2 Reference 780 TI's, they run at 22khs with the -l Z15x24 config. Kinda weird. Whats your other config params ? -H 1 -m 1 ?

I'll post it when I get home but u do remember -H was 2.  What params are you running?

running  -H 1 -m 1
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I only started throwing massive power at a pool just now. Will check my returns in 24h.

Christian

Code:
Username	Blocks	Coins Generated
cbuchner1 47 3,188,384

It's a bit over 24h. I'm curious to hear about the results.

Awesome, thanks.

I have 2 Reference 780 TI's, they run at 22khs with the -l Z15x24 config. Kinda weird. Whats your other config params ? -H 1 -m 1 ?

I'll post it when I get home but u do remember -H was 2.  What params are you running?
legendary
make sure you choose "Release" and not "Debug"
Activity: 44
I just added a little Microsoft' ism into the code (scrypt.cpp): I use a parallel for construct around the HMAC SHA256 hashes. This takes the load off a single CPU core and allows the mining to go above ~120 kHash/s without choking the CPU.  For Linux compilation I would have to use either OpenMP or turn this feature off via #ifdef.  But Microsoft Visual Studio is not supporting OpenMP in the Express versions...

Christian

Hi, do you have a readme or guide for compiling from source on windows? I have VS 2010 Ultimate and I'm having the hardest time trying to compile the source. I have all the dependencies installed from the 7z provided, installed CUDA 5.5, VS 2010 Ultimate and using 2013-12-18.zip as the source and simply trying to make clean (works) / rebuild and getting lots of errors. I can post the error logs here but I wanted to ask if there's a guide / readme first as I must be missing something if I can't get the solution explorer to rebuild without any mods to the source. I've tried code generation compute_10,sm_10, compute_20,sm_20, compute_35,sm_35 and they all give me errors (different errors). Any help welcomed, thanks!
What are your settings for the overclock and temperature ? (curious and a bit jealous too ;-)

I put my new psu and put back my old gtx660 oem 1.5gb (and mod the bios to unlock the fan... allways wondered why it was locked at 65%... until I heard it...) to supplement the 780ti.
What kind of hashrate can I expect on MRC ? (right now it is doing around 210khash with the Y kernel. )

I'm running at 1164 with -90 to memory at 106% TDP, the card is at ~64C.  I can push a little more but it sometimes gets unstable. I'm debating flashing a new ROM on the card...  
That's strange at Z15x24, I am getting 15khash/sec  (in scrypt... )

Same here! And running Auto doesn't seem to do anything..
legendary
What are your settings for the overclock and temperature ? (curious and a bit jealous too ;-)

I put my new psu and put back my old gtx660 oem 1.5gb (and mod the bios to unlock the fan... allways wondered why it was locked at 65%... until I heard it...) to supplement the 780ti.
What kind of hashrate can I expect on MRC ? (right now it is doing around 210khash with the Y kernel. )

I'm running at 1164 with -90 to memory at 106% TDP, the card is at ~64C.  I can push a little more but it sometimes gets unstable. I'm debating flashing a new ROM on the card...  
That's strange at Z15x24, I am getting 15khash/sec  (in scrypt... )
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
@Manikweet

Thanks a lot man, page 130. Will try it out
Can you throw up the compiled version of cudaminer.exe some where ?

I'm using the version from patoberli in post #3309

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71p1xnwy442mz0m/cudaminer_commit_133_x86.rar

Besides the increases for regular scrypt coins with his new version, I am getting around 5.6-7 khash for scrypt-jane (Yacoin),  excellent work Christian!

Awesome, thanks.

Can you throw up the compiled version of cudaminer.exe some where ?

I'm using the version from patoberli in post #3309

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71p1xnwy442mz0m/cudaminer_commit_133_x86.rar

Besides the increases for regular scrypt coins with his new version, I am getting around 5.6-7 khash for scrypt-jane (Yacoin),  excellent work Christian!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I compiled an older github version of cudaminer to get my hashrate up a bit more (4.15 instead of 3.90) and I am glad I did...
YACoin that is Cheesy

How to compile these builds on windows? I'm a noob in that.

There are instructions available around page 130 +- 10, you can also search this thread for "Visual Studio" I believe Smiley

Jump to: