Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 200. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 464
Merit: 252
Anyone have a Points per day to payout calculator made up yet? Just want a rough idea of what I may be looking at. Currently at 463k points per day. Still some more tweaking to do.
I can say 1 thing: with such a big difficulty and such a low price Curecoin is NOT PROFITABLE (I mean folding). You receive less than mining DOGE.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Anyone have a Points per day to payout calculator made up yet? Just want a rough idea of what I may be looking at. Currently at 463k points per day. Still some more tweaking to do.

463k / 69910k * 7488 = ~50

Key word there is rough...the 69910k figure is probably from yesterday, and you probably won't complete your WUs and get your PPD until tomorrow, so if the total folding pool points for tomorrow were to be double, you would get half that or ~25. If it quadruples, you will only get 12.5, etc...
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Cool, I'm in the Top 40 folders on CryptoBulllions !!

May start getting some real coins soon !

Really hope the Dev team start promoting this and getting the word out there t deserves to succeed so much more than most of the other Cryptos
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6710450
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

What's your hardware?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Activity: 641
Merit: 500
how many exchanges are there for this at the moment? Also anyone else been mining for 3 days with no coins?
On a side note, I am guessing the algorithms the gpu's get are much larger and complex than the cpu ones so if you see the percentage on your cpu going up substantially faster than on your gpu's, this is normal, right? I'm just going to go by my points per day to make sure I've got the best settings.
Dont know about the algortihms used in folding. But if you click on one of your folding slots (click on cpu / gpu progress bar)  in work queue...
Can see :status/progess/ credit / this is amount of points completion of this wu will give. And can see that gpu wu's give much more points as cpu ones. And as christian said : type of project you receive depends on the hardware... so cpu will get smaller chunks/projects to bite then gpu. Slow gpu like my 6970 will also get smaller one then my 7950.

Now for my sidenote.. next to credits you can see prcg, this is project number.. can google that (havent found a list yet) to see what cure your helping with Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
So, in other altcoins you don't think ASIC resistance is a feature?  

One of the factors that makes a coin valuable is the number of users/holders, i.e. the distribution.  The more people that hold a coin, the more value it has, usually.  If more people can be involved in the mining or folding process due to Curecoin being 80% ASIC proof then that makes for a stronger foundation of support for the project.  

In a coin that has NOTHING to do with asics except for the negation of, it's not a feature. It's a non-topic.

It's still a coin, and all coins have something to do with ASICS Wink
Activity: 153
I followed the instructions in the OP and got my CPU + GPU folding. However, when I checked the After Burner, it showed that all GPU are at 0% usage, is it normal?

Read the same question above posted by me and the 2 answer. I'm trying this now. I will post if this was the cause (aka bottlenecking on the cpu)

Just read your previous post and removed CPU folding, now I get 8-9x% CPU usage Smiley

This worked! Went from 4-8k points per day to 211k points per day per rig now. Thanks everyone. I'll mess with the cpu settings further to find the best settings.

On a side note, I am guessing the algorithms the gpu's get are much larger and complex than the cpu ones so if you see the percentage on your cpu going up substantially faster than on your gpu's, this is normal, right? I'm just going to go by my points per day to make sure I've got the best settings.

depending on which type of unit it is folding can determine diff. gpu and cpu folding at diff rates is normal.
For anyone wondering about the payout delays and such, I'll tell you how mine worked for an example.

I started folding on May 10th and my work units usually take about 15 hours so probably completed some time May 11th (I was not home for the weekend so wasn't monitoring and don't remember exact time I started folding or ETA).

Yesterday, May 12th, during the afternoon (~19:00 UTC), on cryptobullionpools, I was seeing my PPD (120k) and expected payout (~24.7 CURE), and had an account balance of 0.000...CUR.

At 23:00 UTC last night (May 12th) my account was credited with the exact amount expected (24.67...), and I performed a cash out.

I just received my cash-out to my wallet at 18:00 UTC today (May 13th). Also, cryptobullionpools is showing 100k PPD for the day and an expected payout of ~11 coins. Account balance is 0.

So it seems accounts are credited at 23:00 UTC for work completed >24 hours earlier, and cashouts are handled at 18:00 UTC.
I followed the instructions in the OP and got my CPU + GPU folding. However, when I checked the After Burner, it showed that all GPU are at 0% usage, is it normal?

Read the same question above posted by me and the 2 answer. I'm trying this now. I will post if this was the cause (aka bottlenecking on the cpu)

Just read your previous post and removed CPU folding, now I get 8-9x% CPU usage Smiley

This worked! Went from 4-8k points per day to 211k points per day per rig now. Thanks everyone. I'll mess with the cpu settings further to find the best settings.

Activity: 153

No one really cares about devcoin. You do know that right?

And its not a significant pre-mine. Do you follow alts?

Btw, my 30k ppd got me 10 curecoins. I'm kicking your ass. Smiley

Devcoin still has a pretty decent market cap, but that's beside the point -- I'm talking about one aspect of devcoin that I think is handled correctly, not the overall coin.  They got their coin balance wrong, but the split mining idea is solid.

If you're getting that many curecoins, it just goes to show that the process needs to be more transparent.  Why the hell is there not a PPD/curecoin conversion shown for each payout on the pool?  This would be simple to do, and would make it easy to verify that it's being done correctly.

shhh you =p
Activity: 394

Ok, I will give this a shot. The rig with the tri-core has 2 280x's on it and my 6-core has the other 4. My i7 rig has the gtx 590. I'll try pausing the cpu's and see what happens for a few hours. Thanks everyone

You should be good then, and could probably fold using a core or two on your 6-core and i7 rigs. Basically you want to keep 1 core(thread?) free for each GPU, +1 extra free core. So keep all cores freed up on the tri-core, 5 cores free on the 6-core (or maybe just 5 threads free if it's intel with hyperthreading....not sure how it works for intel), and 3 cores(threads?) free on the i7 since the 590 counts as 2 GPUs.

Hardware question - I switched off of the united pool since that was an asic pool apparently. I followed the guide here http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=9.0 and everything is working but my GPU's all show 0% usage in afterburner. The slowest CPU I have (old AMD Tri-core) is killing all of my GPU's @ folding so something is wrong on my side. I did verify the cards are all using Core_17.  1 Nvidia GTX 590 and 6 R9 280x's should not be beat by a tri-core cpu!

Any ideas guys? Or have another link to get GPU's folding? I would really appreciate it. And for the "It's not worth it people", just stay quiet. I'm not in it for making a ton of money. My family is riddled with genetic diseases so helping in this way gives me a chubby.

It takes about 3 minutes from the time you click fold until it actually starts doing anything, and then another 30 mins or so after that for your ETA and PPD to update. The tri core will probably bottleneck you, but you should have some usage, not 0%. Make sure you are not folding with your CPU as you will need all of it's resources to feed your GPUs.

Ok, I will give this a shot. The rig with the tri-core has 2 280x's on it and my 6-core has the other 4. My i7 rig has the gtx 590. I'll try pausing the cpu's and see what happens for a few hours. Thanks everyone
Activity: 394
Activity: 112
Be kind man, don't be mankind
That's why I call for the devcoin approach.  I don't mind if he gets 3% of the coins.  Hell, I'd rather he have 10% of the coins, but only have them paid out as they're mined.  

If you were building a factory, would you expect to buy/lease the premises, equipment, upfront costs, and pay for your own survival during setup by trying to barter the unmade, unvalued items your factory is to produce?

Curecoin's kind of a WU factory, a new height of transparency and real-world presence among altcoins, and a long time in planning, dev and cooperation with stanford. And since you can't buy servers nor survival nor business expenses with unlaunched altcoins, and since one can't reasonably expect investors to wait until the coins owed to them are mined when one can't predict an unlaunched coin's hashpower, what else could they do?

Also I think this thread's numbercentric participants are beginning to forget the one or more people all of us know or have known with cancer and/or other diseases F@H hopes to combat. What do you really want to throw your hardware at, pumpydumps and uncertainties, or real work towards those goals that stanford is getting done in record highs? I'm hashing for my uncle now, not BTC.

Our robots are made to help us, so hashing for humanity and folding for our future makes more sense than wearing out all this nice tech so fast just to make long chains of unfathomable numbers with which to move money and argue with governments.
Hardware question - I switched off of the united pool since that was an asic pool apparently. I followed the guide here http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=9.0 and everything is working but my GPU's all show 0% usage in afterburner. The slowest CPU I have (old AMD Tri-core) is killing all of my GPU's @ folding so something is wrong on my side. I did verify the cards are all using Core_17.  1 Nvidia GTX 590 and 6 R9 280x's should not be beat by a tri-core cpu!

Any ideas guys? Or have another link to get GPU's folding? I would really appreciate it. And for the "It's not worth it people", just stay quiet. I'm not in it for making a ton of money. My family is riddled with genetic diseases so helping in this way gives me a chubby.
Well for startes... pause that cpu immediately =) Folding takes a big strain on cpu (even the sending work to gpu) so if ur folding on both then your gpu is just not getting the work.
Not even sure if tri-core can feed 6 r290's.
As for questions regarding the Nvida.. dunno much bout that.... or other folding specific topics.. can always browse /ask on foldingforum... https://foldingforum.org/ Or post your rigs info here along with log file.. could be good start.... Either way i would start with pausing the cpu... (then wait a while and kep an eye out on gpu load)

ow almost forgot! doublecheck your firewall allowing connections. cpu uses port 80, gpu uses 8080. so might just be gpu not getting stuff while cpu is?

Just a general quick note... for all the sceptics and people that recently got stung by maybe ac, and everyone in it to just get paid....(*including but not limited to myself..=))

All of you do realise that folding was first launched in 2000? 9 years before btc.... and 14 years before curecoin....
And that there have been people folding since then.... contributing their equipment.....just for fun and for scientic benifit?

So whether our curecoins be worth $1,- $100,- or nothing... whether you trust the dev's honestly of pre-mine or not... Cant you take comfort that you are folding for a greater good... even if it is just for a week? And that the fat that you get paid a welcome gift is alongside of your good karma?

More then once i have send my mh/s to a coin that was worthless after a while... waisted power..... so whichever way this swings.... i do take comfort in that..

Yes, as long as I can still make a profit.  I'm not made of money, and I didn't buy mining rigs with karma, nor can I pay my electricity bill with it.

As much as you may not believe it, I really want this to succeed.  This is why I feel so strongly on the points that I've made -- I'm concerned because they are major points of potential failure.

I do believe bills must get paid. But for one, atm there is just no buy support to take the dev's pre-mine. And no one is stopping you from selling the coins you get. So if you want your return, ofc do get it. And if your sceptical, can always keep an eye out on the premine and panic sell as soon as you see it move Smiley  That way you get your profit and bonus karma Smiley

quote from dev found here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6688632
The next time I open the cold storage for the premine, Ill grab the address and post it, Ill be sure to do that asap. Soon the premine will be dispersed accordingly to different addresses. I imagine the donors wont want their address to be public, Ill ask them for their permission on that one. As far as Dev addresses, I have no problem posting those. Note: The plans for dev payment is to disperse the dev funds on a monthly basis proportional to the rate the folding funds and sha coin base is mined. The devs will not be receiving their entire % all at once. It will be slowly dispersed to the devs.  

Every single time a TX is sent from the premine wallet, Ill be using the comment feature to specify exactly what the funds are going to. I have curecoin.info reserved to serve as a ledger site for every tx we make with the premine.
Jump to: