Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 207. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Activity: 89
If I want to fold on different PCs, can I use same username/passkey ?

Yes, use same passkey/username
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
How long does it normally take to get your passkey for folding?  I would have thought I'd get it within a minute but still waiting...

It should be almost instant, double check your junk folders, mine got filtered into 'newsletters' for some reason.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
If I want to fold on different PCs, can I use same username/passkey ?
...and still '0.0 KH' on the pool.

I think we all have 0 KH, it's not a measurement useful for folding. Folding progress is only measured in Points Per Day (PPD). I checked my users stats and it also shows 0 KH. But I see my coins from first two days. Not yet tried to transfer those though.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
How long does it normally take to get your passkey for folding?  I would have thought I'd get it within a minute but still waiting...
Activity: 20
Beautiful Coin Logo&huge amounts of total coins.Please do your best to make CURECOIN to

popular!
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Does anyone know how the POS works with curecoin, I can't seem to find details anywhere

I asked this in the #curecoin IRC channel last night. Apparently it's exactly like Peercoin's proof of stake system - coins have to age to 30 days before they can start minting, 90 days max age. Approx 1% 'interest' per year earned minting based on aged coins in your wallet.

If any of this needs to be corrected, devs please step in.

This is correct
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Another quick update to OP before I start handling support queries.

Curecoin in the news articles:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1489146/announcement-greatest-innovation-in-coin-history-stop-mining
http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/curecoin-a-cryptocurrency-which-will-cure-diseases/

Curecoin profit calculator ( calculator does not take into account the folding payout which is to be expected, but its there now)
https://cointweak.com/calculator/index/scrypt
https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cur/SHA-256

I like the article from overclock.net  more. I miss some deserved credits to Stanford, PG and the F@H project in the article from usacryptocoins. They implemented the core system behind all that and should be worth to be mentioned.
In case you can influence a bit what they are writing please ask them to add a reference (at least like overclock.net)

Yes F@H  and it's founder Dr Pande deserve more recognition then in those articles, unfortunately they write them on their own accord. Im pretty busy if you have a free moment you should shoot a message over to overclock.net and ask them to edit it.
legendary
Activity: 1260
More details would be great!

I did not know Curecoin had a POS!! Where did this come from?

It was mentioned in the initial announcement post in this thread, minus the actual details. Which is why i was asking about it last night on IRC Smiley If one of the devs could update the announcement post with all of the details concerning the PoS aspect of the coin, that'd be great and would avoid a lil bit of confusion.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Am I the only one using cryptobullionpools.com?  I've pressed the "cash out" button to claim my curecoins, but 24hrs later it still hasn't been deposited to my wallet.  When i logged back in this morning the curecoin balance is still in the pool?  Seems like the pool is broken...I contacted the dev of the pool last night and am waiting for a response, but in the meantime, id rather not fold if the pool is not working!!

hi - can i ask how long did it take to show you had coins on cryptobullionpools.com?  I have had '0.0 KH' for 3 days but it did show you coins it just won't payout?  I had no response from support either

Does your name at f@h and the cryptobullion match exactly? Meaning upper and lower case also?

What is your username at F@H?

hi - yes, the f@h and cryptobullion match.  my f@h user is here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=224497&username=fromaster

the f@h side is showing data, just the pool is eerily silent.

Took 2 and a half days for my coins to show on the pool.  Now I'm just patiently waiting for the payout.
Activity: 45

It was mentioned in the initial announcement post in this thread, minus the actual details. Which is why i was asking about it last night on IRC Smiley If one of the devs could update the announcement post with all of the details concerning the PoS aspect of the coin, that'd be great and would avoid a lil bit of confusion.
Activity: 658
Merit: 270
Am I the only one using cryptobullionpools.com?  I've pressed the "cash out" button to claim my curecoins, but 24hrs later it still hasn't been deposited to my wallet.  When i logged back in this morning the curecoin balance is still in the pool?  Seems like the pool is broken...I contacted the dev of the pool last night and am waiting for a response, but in the meantime, id rather not fold if the pool is not working!!

hi - can i ask how long did it take to show you had coins on cryptobullionpools.com?  I have had '0.0 KH' for 3 days but it did show you coins it just won't payout?  I had no response from support either

Does your name at f@h and the cryptobullion match exactly? Meaning upper and lower case also?

Yes it is case sensitive.
Activity: 398
I got 3.5 curecoins for 17k points
not sure how the points are calculated, but 17k was just one task that completed in 12 hours for me

The points are fully defined by Stanford; based on the scientific value for each project.
They define a so called "base credit" on a reference machine for each project. Let say 1000 points would this  reference machine get for finishing a work it of a project within a given timeline.

Now if you finish faster then this baseline (and have a qualified passkey) you receive in addition a "quick return bonus" QRB. Being faster can be achieved with high end GPU or CPU. Or also by just folding 24/7 or at least don't interrupt a WU.

Those are the 17k points you received for finishing a Work unit of a given project.

Now Curecoin just cumulate all points made for the team a day and assign you a proportion of it.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-points/#ntoc1

Does it helps ?

Couldn't ask for more  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1260

Does anyone know how the POS works with curecoin, I can't seem to find details anywhere

I asked this in the #curecoin IRC channel last night. Apparently it's exactly like Peercoin's proof of stake system - coins have to age to 30 days before they can start minting, 90 days max age. Approx 1% 'interest' per year earned minting based on aged coins in your wallet.

Activity: 336
As for the balance in the folding pool. When cashing out directly or manually coins payouts seem to occur once per day.. (if my memory serves me well around the time the balance/ppd is updated) Not sure why payouts are like that.. But can confirm that eventually ull receive the coins
Activity: 45

Another quick update to OP before I start handling support queries.

Curecoin in the news articles:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1489146/announcement-greatest-innovation-in-coin-history-stop-mining
http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/curecoin-a-cryptocurrency-which-will-cure-diseases/

Curecoin profit calculator ( calculator does not take into account the folding payout which is to be expected, but its there now)
https://cointweak.com/calculator/index/scrypt
https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cur/SHA-256

I like the article from overclock.net  more. I miss some deserved credits to Stanford, PG and the F@H project in the article from usacryptocoins. They implemented the core system behind all that and should be worth to be mentioned.
In case you can influence a bit what they are writing please ask them to add a reference (at least like overclock.net)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

yes, my username is exactly the same Smiley.... I am able to see a balance within the pool, but for some reason the balance wont cash out.  I've used many pools in the past and have never had problems cashing out.  I even went as far to try different browsers on different computers, but still no luck

ok you got further than me at least Smiley did you get reply from the pool support email?

Not yet... hopefully sometime today
Activity: 46
I think that the ideas behind this coin are awesome, however the dev needs to work out how to make the mining returns competitive

I'm not sure if the Devs can say much about the mining returns... The free market decides the value of the coins you are receiving.
Jump to: