Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 211. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
So i have now applied and suggested to every exchange i could find. if everyone else does the same cc is sure to be on every exchange very soon. and in the near future curecoin will be traded as a main coin as result.

Nice - I'll try to do this too.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
So i have now applied and suggested to every exchange i could find. if everyone else does the same cc is sure to be on every exchange very soon. and in the near future curecoin will be traded as a main coin as result.
Respectfully, I think you're dead wrong on merged mining. Any block that is solved by merged mining comes from work already produced on the primary blockchain. Mining BTC alone or mining BTC with CureCoin being merged mined (or even 6 coins being merged mined) should not have any impact on your BTC income or power usage. The advantage of this being: if curecoin is not profitable, it will be hard to keep up a large ASIC support network - but, if it's merged mineable, you no longer need to be high-profitability to get hashrate. Miners will merged mine you because it is "free" to them - while supporting your network.

If you have plans to be a top player and capture a segment of the ASIC hashrate, then by all means, proceed. But in the much more likely event that the coin will not be a primary mining target for profits, merged mining offers a very real and very efficient solution to the network hashrate problem.

*Please remember I'm not the developer of the coin.

I see the advantage but I feel like it is outweighed but what I see as 2 disadvantages.
1) Curecoin and Bitcoin use the exact same algorithm. Therefore the way I see it is power used to solve the Bitcoin algorithm is power not used for the Curecoin algorithm. We may get more miners but each would be doing less - of course I may be totally wrong by this, I've never tried merged mining - feel free to correct me if that view is not correct.

2) I don't like the idea of the coin being reliant on any other coin - that is if curecoin becomes successful and bitcoin crashes I would want people to focus on mining Curecoin.

My personal plans for marketing the coin is to be a top player - a coin that is the same as Bitcoin transaction wise but with the size benefit of research. I can see merged mining being an efficient solution but as off now we may have even too many people mining profitability wise - our difficulty is already over 0.1% that of Bitcoin - not bad for a coin slightly over 2 days old with a network hashrate of 78 th/s.

Let me know if I'm wrong about how merged mining works I'll go do some more research, thank you for presenting your points.

Merged mining gives free power to the coin
for example, when namecoin came out it had a problem of being pool mined to a very high difficulty
but its difficulty adjustment algorithm was the same as bitcoin's so when it got too expensive to mine EVERYONE stopped
then it was stuck at high difficulty (a few million if not a little below a million)

merged mining means namecoin has difficulty of over 5 billion and increasing
there is just no comparison between merged mining security and non-merged mining because you actually get 100% of the mining power of each miner, not a part of it
the only reason the difficulty is lower than BTC is because some pools don't mine namecoin

but yeah, namecoin being mergemined with BTC made it have a difficulty more than 60% that of BTC

Ok, so I understand how merged mining works - it wouldn't make it so that less power goes to curecoins - that solves my first problem. However, I still dislike the idea of the coin being directly connected to another coin, I personally as an investor would prefer if the coin stood alone by itself, I think it gives it a lot more future potential versus I believe namecoin would be tied somewhat to bitcoin.

More so, I believe curecoin has the ability to stand alone by itself.

But still a very interesting concept, thank you for bringing it up!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Respectfully, I think you're dead wrong on merged mining. Any block that is solved by merged mining comes from work already produced on the primary blockchain. Mining BTC alone or mining BTC with CureCoin being merged mined (or even 6 coins being merged mined) should not have any impact on your BTC income or power usage. The advantage of this being: if curecoin is not profitable, it will be hard to keep up a large ASIC support network - but, if it's merged mineable, you no longer need to be high-profitability to get hashrate. Miners will merged mine you because it is "free" to them - while supporting your network.

If you have plans to be a top player and capture a segment of the ASIC hashrate, then by all means, proceed. But in the much more likely event that the coin will not be a primary mining target for profits, merged mining offers a very real and very efficient solution to the network hashrate problem.

I see the advantage but I feel like it is outweighed but what I see as 2 disadvantages.
1) Curecoin and Bitcoin use the exact same algorithm. Therefore the way I see it is power used to solve the Bitcoin algorithm is power not used for the Curecoin algorithm. We may get more miners but each would be doing less - of course I may be totally wrong by this, I've never tried merged mining - feel free to correct me if that view is not correct.

2) I don't like the idea of the coin being reliant on any other coin - that is if curecoin becomes successful and bitcoin crashes I would want people to focus on mining Curecoin.

My personal plans for marketing the coin is to be a top player - a coin that is the same as Bitcoin transaction wise but with the size benefit of research. I can see merged mining being an efficient solution but as off now we may have even too many people mining profitability wise - our difficulty is already over 0.1% that of Bitcoin - not bad for a coin slightly over 2 days old with a network hashrate of 78 th/s.

Let me know if I'm wrong about how merged mining works I'll go do some more research, thank you for presenting your points.

Merged mining gives free power to the coin
for example, when namecoin came out it had a problem of being pool mined to a very high difficulty
but its difficulty adjustment algorithm was the same as bitcoin's so when it got too expensive to mine EVERYONE stopped
then it was stuck at high difficulty (a few million if not a little below a million)

merged mining means namecoin has difficulty of over 5 billion and increasing
there is just no comparison between merged mining security and non-merged mining because you actually get 100% of the mining power of each miner, not a part of it
the only reason the difficulty is lower than BTC is because some pools don't mine namecoin

but yeah, namecoin being mergemined with BTC made it have a difficulty more than 60% that of BTC
What can i do when GPU run to 99,99% for many hours, not to 100%?

And when a gpu run to 100%, it will auto return to 0% and keep running?

Thank you

What do you mean by that? GPU running at 99.99% is effectively the same to it running at 100% and should be treated as such.

And what do you mean auto return to 0%.

GPU Utilization isn't the best method of folding focus on PPD per your specific card.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
What can i do when GPU run to 99,99% for many hours, not to 100%?

And when a gpu run to 100%, it will auto return to 0% and keep running?

Thank you

OK, finally got my first payment today at Cryptobullions pool, however, I've been waiting over an hour for the payment to withdrawal to my wallet.  Anyone else experience this?

I've experience that it takes a few hours if you set manual payment. But if you have the payment then you'll definitely receive it relatively soon.

Tells me "Your withdrawal request has been scheduled and will be processed within 1 minute."....... I'm still waiting with manual payment and its been over 4 hours Sad

Manual payment comes once or twice a day but your request has been processed to keep people from timing submissions.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
So my GPU and CPU have been been cranking away for ~2 hours now.  Everything seems good on the client side, but when I click on my user name link in FAHControl, the webpage that comes up indicates that I am ranked dead last out of all IDs, with zero (0) active clients.  Is this to be expected, or is something not right?

Are your GPUs folding and have you completed 1 work unit yet?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
So my GPU and CPU have been been cranking away for ~2 hours now.  Everything seems good on the client side, but when I click on my user name link in FAHControl, the webpage that comes up indicates that I am ranked dead last out of all IDs, with zero (0) active clients.  Is this to be expected, or is something not right?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
OK, finally got my first payment today at Cryptobullions pool, however, I've been waiting over an hour for the payment to withdrawal to my wallet.  Anyone else experience this?

I've experience that it takes a few hours if you set manual payment. But if you have the payment then you'll definitely receive it relatively soon.

Tells me "Your withdrawal request has been scheduled and will be processed within 1 minute."....... I'm still waiting with manual payment and its been over 4 hours Sad
Is anybody folding on 750 Ti's? I can't seem to pick up Core 17 units even with client-type=beta.  Undecided This sucks.

There have been issues with FAH software not recognizing the new Maxwell architecture - hopefully they will soon - its a known issue and had been one long before the coin came out. Hopefully they get it fixed those this is a super efficient card and I'd love to pickup a few Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Is anybody folding on 750 Ti's? I can't seem to pick up Core 17 units even with client-type=beta.  Undecided This sucks.
Activity: 336
Ok, I must have read it wrong....My bad. Im not trying spread fud. Im just asking questions when i dont understand. Thanks for the response....With so many coins out there with scammers I have become defensive....I hope that this one is the real deal because i would like to fold and not worry about mining anymore...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6688632

OK, finally got my first payment today at Cryptobullions pool, however, I've been waiting over an hour for the payment to withdrawal to my wallet.  Anyone else experience this?
Didnt want to say this before, til you at least had coins in your balance... But im my case it takes more then a few hours =) Payouts, both manual and automatic seem to occur once or twice a day. Like all things folding.. One must have patience.. A lot of it Smiley

Why Radeon HD 6xxx cards have such a terribly low speed in folding?  
Unfortunately they just do. FahCore 0x17 cant be put to good use on 6xxx's it seems. After a frustrating update to Catalyst 14.4 ive managed to squeeze 18k out of my 6970 (while my quad core does about 4-5k p/d)

I've been mining for 24 hours now and https://www.cryptobullionpools.com still show 0?
is that right?
Yes more then right. Depending on your card(s) It takes about 6-8 hours average to comeplete first wu's. Then it takes about 1-2 hours (can be up to a day...but almost always seems to be about an hour) for Standord to verify you wu's and have them credited to your team and username.
After that the ppd's pool will get ppd's once per day and have to verify and doublecheck. So it really takes a while... General rule of thumb.... : (after your first wu's and stabel comepleting things.... work done today will get paid tomorrow..
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
my user in the list wu=92
how many coins can i get?
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
Ok, I must have read it wrong....My bad. Im not trying spread fud. Im just asking questions when i dont understand. Thanks for the response....With so many coins out there with scammers I have become defensive....I hope that this one is the real deal because i would like to fold and not worry about mining anymore...
Good luck optimizing, that is quite low hopefully you can fix it.
Activity: 464
Merit: 252
Why Radeon HD 6xxx cards have such a terribly low speed in folding?  
Have you optimized: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606795.new#new
Otherwise, what you call a terribly low speed?
Low speed: Radeon HD6750 - 500 PPD

I'll try another drivers now.........

Some speed of my cards for statistic:

7770 - 20K
7790 - 41K
7850 - 53K
7870 - 65K
7950 - 95K
270x - 71K
280x - 117K

CPU [email protected] - 22K
CPU [email protected] - 19K

I've been mining for 24 hours now and https://www.cryptobullionpools.com still show 0?

is that right?

It should take a day or so after you complete your first workunit to update - have you completed a work unit.
Jump to: