Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [DAG + Satellites + 3D Symbols] ConnectX: Cryptocurrency Satellites - page 2. (Read 1384 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
This is bounty thread or connectx main thread?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Well thank goodness its not just me that thinks this is a bit... iffy.
I was beginning to think i was missing something. (And not in the FOMO way)
Activity: 24
As we all (should) know, if something seems to good to be true, it probably isn't!

They (he?) want(s) to send satellites into space, but fail to provide anything a proper ICO comes with - as some of you have already pointed out.

All we know is one face of a guy supposedly called Lance Parker. While I am sure there are people out there called Lance Parker, it still sounds like some super hero's secret identity and of course is a great name for a former pilot (that he claims to be).

You can only buy the tokens in a very unorthodox way and I couldn't find any information on where they go to once I have paid for them - it's like shooting money into space (pun intended!).

Let's see if the promised free coins will actually arrive at those who have watched the webinar and what happens after that. Before any of that happens I'd stay clear off buying any tokens, let alone one of the "great" packages.

There is also no way to tell if the number of sales already made are actually true.

Granted, IF all of this is real and legit, it might be a ground breaking technology (although I still don't see how the internet is left outside when I have to plug this cube or whatever into my router - it'd make sense if I could plug it directly into my computer and then - however - it would connect me to a satellite). If that is the case, they should definitely work on their presentation, introduce the team etc....
Activity: 314
Merit: 100
No Team

No Company Info

also no partner ,no code info . dev your idea is really great ,but can you proof us something  ,thanks!
Exactly, and yet people are STILL (even after the just ridiculously bad sales pitch/webinar) giving them money.
The only discussion group they are involved in is Telegram, and that's only so they can control who is involved in it. If someone questions it, they get "Banned for life".
The only contact details are Telegram contact details for "Lance".

No wallets are available, even for those that have already bought coins with actual money, until Q2 at least (apparently).
No questions are being answered about technical (or even wallet) details until Q2 at least (apparently).

I'm sorry but this just smells all kinds of funny. (and not funny like a clowns fart)

I really hope people don't lose too much money with these guys.
Activity: 938
Merit: 276
No Team

No Company Info
I got blocked from the Connectx Telegram group (currently the only way to talk to other people about this "Honestly not a scam" project) for questioning the authenticity of it.
You don't need to use the internet, but you need to plug a box into the internet.
You connect to the satellite network using a small handheld dish that they give (sell?) you, that has no apparent way of locating the satellites. They're in the sky, just point it up and let Jesus guide you?
The roadmap is dodgy as hell, This year, finishing the product. (even though they've been doing this since at least 2015 (http://fortune.com/2015/01/29/connectx-space-data/) they just seem to have switched their focus from "Big Data" to "Big Money".
The webinar is just a bunch of stock photos and powerpoint slides of all the information that is already on the site.

If you can get blocked (and i'm assuming i wont get my free coins now) for questioning the validity of the project, then i hope to god people that actually pay for the coins just keep their mouth shut.

I will stick with the general rule of:

If it looks like one;
If it smells like one;
It probably is one.

and avoid this thing like the plague.
Unless they would like to prove to me that they are not just a pump and dump, my opinion will most likely not change.
Activity: 938
Merit: 276
Your referal system sucks so much.
How do we know how many refferals we sent and how do we know that you are counting each refferal ?
Activity: 198
how do we know that were in the list of bounty,
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
ConnectX seems to me quite suspicious, this is more private centralised system and not no-trust  decentralised crypto.
Activity: 4
Sales webinar, really??? feels like a time share so far lul
Activity: 21
Just wasted 90 minutes of my time sitting through the webinar. This starts well, offering an incisive summary of the state of blockchain. When the subject switches to using satellites as a superior technology to distributed ledgers, however, things deteriorate.

There is a notable lack of links to any of the information shown in the video such as the technology used, statistics quoted, or the code supporting this supposed blockchain based project.

The bland, generic branding and poor production values - Lance's hands seem comically huge when they appear in the video, something a decent videographer would have addressed had they used one - further add to the sense that this is a presentation with just enough facts and interesting ideas to mask the real exploitative intentions.

The last third of the video is devoted entirely to informing viewers of all the ways they can spread the word about the project and supposedly earn tokens in what appears way too like a pyramid scheme for my liking. There  are plenty of promises regarding the tokens you will get at each stage - most notably as a reward for sitting through the whole webinar - but none are forthcoming. Instead you are informed you are one step closer to receiving them after completing another series of tasks. Then, after meeting those additional requirements you are invited to buy tokens without any mention of your reward.

Lance (or whomever he is/whoever answers in his stead) also evaded my question regarding what he saw as the biggest threats and risks associated with the project too, instead suggesting I message him after the attending the webinar despite the fact that I had just watched it.

It's pertinent to note that this company appears to have been around for a while - before distributed ledgers had taken off - suggesting they are simply looking to be part of the blockchain zeitgeist without actually contributing to it, providing anything to interested parties other than a b-grade science fiction narrative.

We have already lived through the era of ICOs without substance. Now it seems we are having to endure airdrops and bounties that are increasingly co-opting people with the lure of free money for marketing purposes. And ConnectX is probably the worst example I have encountered given the amount of time I have wasted on it.

They really should rename this one ConnectXploitation.

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
B2B - Find, Connect, Trade
What algorithm is the coin based on? When will the wallet be launched? can you include the basic technical info of the coin in this thread?
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
Let's see if this goes somewhere!

Nice concept, but very dreamy...

I do not see what to do to redeem our free tokens.
And what about that device they announced for the participants of the webinar?
Activity: 14
Interesting, but raises a lot of questions. 25 coins worth $50? You dont even have the wallet yet..
6000 users on telegram and no traffic in this thread?

Yeah looks very suspicious. Whitepaper is total BS, no useful info at all. No team member names given except for the CEO "Lance Parker", who has a suspicious looking LinkedIn profile. Says the company has been around since 2014 but I couldn't find any information on "ConnectX" online except for on their website.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 604
CoinMetro
6000 users on telegram and no traffic in this thread?
Activity: 69
Merit: 1

That means you have earned 25 ConnectX Coins worth $50!

25 coins worth $50? how you calculate it? this coin is on sale for 15-27 cents!
Activity: 882
Merit: 976
Where can I check which people used my referral link?

You should receive an email from Lance Parker that says:

"Hi Joe,
Your friend XXXXXX XXXXX has just signed up for the ConnectX Webinar! Yay!

That means you have earned 25 ConnectX Coins worth $50! Sign-in to check it out and keep referring friends to get more ConnectX Coins! There is no limit to how much you can earn.

Invite Friends
Thank you,
Lance Parker, CEO of ConnectX"

Check your inbox. Mine ended up in my SPAM folder, so make sure to check that folder, as well.
Activity: 133
Merit: 1
Where can I check which people used my referral link?
Pages:
Jump to: