Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Dallar | Helping creative types give a fuck - page 3. (Read 2249 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
still no linux miner, and already block halving?
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067
Dallar block reward has now been reduced to 65.62DAL, Network hash seems to have settled in the 1.4-1.8 GHS range, very nice!
legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool
pool.dallar.org just came down again, i just joined it 3 hours ago. Does anyone confirm that it is working now?  Huh

You can also try the alternative pool, note you cannot mine with your wallet address here, but need to make an account.

https://dallarpool.youngwebsolutions.com/

I cannot test for you right now, but I expect the devs will fix the official pool as well any time soon.
Activity: 24
Merit: 51
pool.dallar.org just came down again, i just joined it 3 hours ago. Does anyone confirm that it is working now?  Huh

So the frontend (the visual only side, i.e. the website) seems to be exhibiting some bad loading behavior. Also the url doesn't work unless its only pool.dallar.org with no "/miners" or etc. Known issue, investigating.

The backend (the actual mining pool server that does the mining) has been up and running with no interruption for several months now, currently no problems seen.
Activity: 490
Merit: 103
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
The official pool's website front-end seems to be down (pool.dallar.org). You guys might wanna take a look.

Miner happily chugging so back-end must be fine.

EDIT: works again now!  Cool
Tried to get the SGminer software to work on my Vega rig but that fails to start unfortunately. Is that a known issue?

We've gotten mixed reports about the amd miner. Some load it just fine, others can't get it to work. Even had 2 guys with identical hardware, for one of them it didn't work.

We're still trying to track that down. Suspect it may require some different command line tuning or something.
Nothing I could tune with command line, I just get an error message saying "the application failed to start correctly" (even without any parameters set). Not sure why.

Might be worth joining our discord and talking with the rest of the miners. https://discordapp.com/invite/ZV7CP89
Thanks - might do tonight. Cannot access Discord at the office...

Seems like you are using the wrong ago. Dallar is using a special version of groestel. Start first with their mi ners available at dallar.org.

Check also the getting started section at dallarpool.youngwebsolutions.com

It's not the wrong algo, it's the wrong sgminer version. The one displayed on the dallar site does not even start, it spits out an error message immediately.

I've tried to copy the dallar kernel to another version of sgminer. Getting closer (i.e. miner starts but locks up pretty quickly). Now that might be a tweaking matter.
legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool
Tried to get the SGminer software to work on my Vega rig but that fails to start unfortunately. Is that a known issue?

We've gotten mixed reports about the amd miner. Some load it just fine, others can't get it to work. Even had 2 guys with identical hardware, for one of them it didn't work.

We're still trying to track that down. Suspect it may require some different command line tuning or something.
Nothing I could tune with command line, I just get an error message saying "the application failed to start correctly" (even without any parameters set). Not sure why.

Might be worth joining our discord and talking with the rest of the miners. https://discordapp.com/invite/ZV7CP89

Seems like you are using the wrong ago. Dallar is using a special version of groestel. Start first with their mi ners available at dallar.org.

Check also the getting started section at dallarpool.youngwebsolutions.com

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Let's see what this project could offer to the entrepreneurs? A cryptocurrency?
Anywhere I can see the total network hash? The block explorer doesn't give that data and the figure on the official pool doesn't look right.
Interested to throw some hash at you but just wanted to get an idea of profitability in general...

This probably isn't the coin for you if you're looking at profitability. Or maybe it is. Iunno. I'm not a cop.

Maybe. Maybe not. Another day another dallar. I'm mining.
Getting 26-27 MH/s on my 1080's at 85% TDP. Is that about right?

I get ~32 on my 1080 (not Ti) under full load, so, seems right.
Anywhere I can see the total network hash? The block explorer doesn't give that data and the figure on the official pool doesn't look right.
Interested to throw some hash at you but just wanted to get an idea of profitability in general...

This probably isn't the coin for you if you're looking at profitability. Or maybe it is. Iunno. I'm not a cop.

Maybe. Maybe not. Another day another dallar. I'm mining.
Getting 26-27 MH/s on my 1080's at 85% TDP. Is that about right?
well, why not. mining some.

That's the spirit! Sort of.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
well, why not. mining some.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Dallar is an electronic currency created by game developers, artists and other creative types. This electronic money will help solve the problem of copyright infringement, abuse ... With a short time that the project has developed a large number of "game developers play or other type of advertising, from individuals from many notable companies, independent developers and those seeking to develop games. "... Dallar is a good investment.

I believe this is the most accurate measurement for network hashrate for Dallar.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dal/

Pages:
Jump to: