Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 225. (Read 1260595 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Diamond good coin
Well guys. I believe that those decisions which you make here will go to DMD benefit. I will wait for the publication of your road map
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
But the main thing is that the basic principles of Diamond (security and the total number of coins in the system) will remain unchanged.

this is guaranteed

up to 2.5 million coins the new engine will rollout each day same as today on average
and after 2-5 million coins the rewards will in a 10 year long curve decrease until the hit the final equivalent to 1% per year inflation at 3.5 million total coins
to reach our coin max will take 30 years

and before this coin max is reached there will be mechanism implemented that allow power services by burn coins
and this way the maximum will be in fact never reached

this coinrollout means there are years of high rewards ahead of us
but still we will face a constant decreasing inflation
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

Thanks for the explanation, however we had a community discussion early in 2016 about possible POSchanges in DMD 3.0. In that discussion you declared, that a wallet staking twice a month would not have any significant change in POSreward in DMD 3.0. Howcome this drastic change?

see where we are now following that  path we discussed back then
it did take ages and there is no result and we had to take action

DMD 3.0 im talking now is based on another codebase as the earlier discussed DMD 3.0

and as i explained state of the art POS and % based pos rewards didnt fit together

so this drastic change and finally action instead of waiting!

results on this new path should only take a few months and are very predictable

and if i look at the market he also like our decision to move on

i see classic coin accumulation market movements

gather big amount of coins and still try keep prices low

I agree.
If the old concept does not work, then we need to move on to a different path.
But the main thing is that the basic principles of Diamond (security and the total number of coins in the system) will remain unchanged.
legendary

Thanks for the explanation, however we had a community discussion early in 2016 about possible POSchanges in DMD 3.0. In that discussion you declared, that a wallet staking twice a month would not have any significant change in POSreward in DMD 3.0. Howcome this drastic change?

see where we are now following that  path we discussed back then
it did take ages and there is no result and we had to take action

DMD 3.0 im talking now is based on another codebase as the earlier discussed DMD 3.0

and as i explained state of the art POS and % based pos rewards didnt fit together

so this drastic change and finally action instead of waiting!

results on this new path should only take a few months and are very predictable

and if i look at the market he also like our decision to move on

i see classic coin accumulation market movements

gather big amount of coins and still try keep prices low
Activity: 150
Merit: 101
The hen or the egg
pos 3.0 have no annual interest but active user with mn and pos wallet
or just pos wallet if not that many coins

will earn similiar or even more than in actual system
 there will be a dynamic reward adaption between mn and pos so one side never eliminate the other

if not many mn they get big rewards if many mn their rewards decrease up to a point where run the mn coins better in pos mode

so it will automatic balance

dmd reactor will split into 3 pos reactors and gurante a base amount of pos coins too

So far only masternodes and POS have been discussed, does that mean that MN will replace POW?

If annual POS rate will no longer exist, but the new POS will correspond to earlier said 25% POS per annum, how will this new POS formula be calculated? Which parameters will be used? Do you have to run the wallet 24/7 to be able to acquire the POS reward?

POW -> POW&MN
POS -> POS&MN

how many % of static blockreward go to MN is dynamic by a formula that take care not all coins move in MN
and that if to many % of total coins in MN the share POS earns generate u more income than MN

total yearly inflation same as on original coin rollout plan

yes this is a drastic move that only reward activity

online POS wallets
online MN
active POW mining

we hope that we or someone else who see the business opportunity be able provide short after DMD 3.0 release solutions that allow people without ability run 24/7 wallet
a hosted MN service

this can be done risc free because MN can be setup in a way that the node that run 24/7 and the node that hold the coins are not the same
the node that hold the coin can after send the start masternode command to network go offline

more explanations closer to release

the main motivation that lead to this leap is that any POS beyong bitcoin 0.1x is static reward
so % based POS and stay on state of the art technology doesnt fit together
and if we need active wallets anyway then we can also include on same step the added abilities that MN give us

optional anonymous transactions
and instantsend

As we can see a reduction of up to 25 per cent did not produce a significant effect on the value of the coin.

this is wrong
constant decreasing inflation
it is the reason why DMD stay at a stable $ value around 30 cents

look around all the hyperinflation coins who failed
because their plan was never designed to cover more than a half year or a year income for people
and then a collapse of price was clear as a market response to craizy raising amounts of daily new created coins

and galactus ur opinion is important to us like any others even utahs Wink

it will have impact on the final dmd 3.0 coin specs

over all people can expect to see if they behave as they do already and stake twice a month
no significant change in POS income

less frequent staking will earn a bit less

more frequent staking will earn a bit more

just a little incentive for network support

nothing big

this topic is closed for now i want to open a new one in next posting

legendary

there will be a dynamic reward adaption between mn and pos so one side never eliminate the other

if not many mn they get big rewards if many mn their rewards decrease up to a point where run the mn coins better in pos mode

dmd reactor will split into 3 pos reactors and gurante a base amount of pos coins too

So far only masternodes and POS have been discussed, does that mean that MN will replace POW?

If annual POS rate will no longer exist, but the new POS will correspond to earlier said 25% POS per annum, how will this new POS formula be calculated? Which parameters will be used? Do you have to run the wallet 24/7 to be able to acquire the POS reward?

POW -> POW&MN
POS -> POS&MN

how many % of static blockreward go to MN is dynamic by a formula that take care not all coins move in MN
and that if to many % of total coins in MN the share POS earns generate u more income than MN

total yearly inflation same as on original coin rollout plan

yes this is a drastic move that only reward activity

online POS wallets
online MN
active POW mining

we hope that we or someone else who see the business opportunity be able provide short after DMD 3.0 release solutions that allow people without ability run 24/7 wallet
a hosted MN service

this can be done risc free because MN can be setup in a way that the node that run 24/7 and the node that hold the coins are not the same
the node that hold the coin can after send the start masternode command to network go offline

more explanations closer to release

the main motivation that lead to this leap is that any POS beyong bitcoin 0.1x is static reward
so % based POS and stay on state of the art technology doesnt fit together
and if we need active wallets anyway then we can also include on same step the added abilities that MN give us

optional anonymous transactions
and instantsend

Activity: 150
Merit: 101
The hen or the egg

Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!
cryptonit

Maybe you do not understand what I'm asking.
I'm wondering how the POS system will change (will not it become less secure due to the fact that a large number of coins will be transferred to MN without POS capability, as you wrote) and how to change the annual interest after the introduction of MN?

If the introduction of MN does not affect POS and annual interest, then this is normal.
There are also legendary addresses and someone gets a big profit and it's honest.

I feel a song whitepaper coming on!   Grin Grin Grin
legendary
cryptonit

I'm wondering how the POS system will change (will not it become less secure due to the fact that a large number of coins will be transferred to MN without POS capability, as you wrote) and how to change the annual interest after the introduction of MN?

If the introduction of MN does not affect POS and annual interest, then this is normal.
There are also legendary addresses and someone gets a big profit and it's honest.

Activity: 505
cryptonit

legendary
like always the vote is done by use the wallet
dmd is a open source project
everyone can take the source modify it and release it
users chose which wallet they install and by that vote for the true chain

this is more a theoretic explaination but it answer the voting part

in the past there was not a single wallet release done by someone else than the dmd diamond foundation

but if a group of people think they can do better they invited code and release their vision of a future dmd diamond wallet

maybe if great work is done i will install their wallet and enjoy lot more free time in the future

it will be possible run a masternode/pos staking on a below 100$ minicomputer too like a raspberry pi

so everyone who have internet can take part

vps server capable of run a masternode too are avaible below 5$ a month
so even people without constant flatrate internet can take part

we did long follow the path of % based pos rewards but there is a reason why it is not part of any new pos engine

because security and because reward of node/network contribution

But how can the masternodes be discussed if the details of this new idea are not known and unknown the consequences for investors of different levels?
I saw only this:
cryptonit:
"yes we will lose some old users (not want running a node not willing use services)
but if they wait for the release and a few weeks after i can nearly gurantee they can leave with a big value gain"

It is a choice without choice.
This is when offering the two worst options and you need to choose the least worst.

DMD needs hundreds of thousands, millions of people investors (I think this is the goal).
But keep MN with 24/7 enabled computers can afford 100-200 people.
Thousands, millions will not keep the computer on 24/7.
It turns out the nodes are created for 100-200 geeks?

In any case, details on the masternodes are needed and what exactly will change and how it will work.
Otherwise, without details, everyone will understand this information in their own way and there will be misunderstandings and confusion.

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Galactus
Я oтвeтил.
There is no reason to worry that the interests of investors will be infringed upon.
If you are a onwer of a large number of DMD, then you will become even richer Wink
On the contrary, this innovation will increase the value of Diamond and will bring out this coin at a new price level..
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
try answer a few questions

masternodes would not cost but shift coinrollout
coins who activate a masternode would not compete in pos
and increase pos income of the other pos minter

there will be a balancing mechanism that reduce mn blockshare when to less coins are in pos
this way always a balance between mn and pos

mn give us service ability to offer optional anonymous transactions and zero confirm transactions
which mean we can have a small blockchain with higher blocktime

for single mn the configuration would be as easy as send 1 transaction and click one button

example of masternode coins
dash bitsend ion pivx

but we would as always guranteed keep the basic coin spec hull of max coins an coin roll out speed
from technologic part much things will change
we evaluate high secure address keys and hybrid pow pos combined with mn technology
one factum would be pos v3 to enable us to use bitcoin codebase above 0.1x

the coin rollout will be designed that active network contributors able earn even more than now with 25% pos

for people who prefer to not run mn themself or staking 24/7 we evaluate services they can use
like masternode lending or hosted nasternodes

former dmd 3.0 roadmap was plagued with delays and obstacles
this new dmd 3.0 direction could lead to a summer release so much easyer to reach
and similar if not even more positive aspects

one successfactor is also that masternode is full in trend of time as a pasive income investment form
and its possible it attract many more user and capital to dmd

yes we will lose some old users (not want running a node not willing use services)
but if they wait for the release and a few weeks after i can nearly gurantee they can leave with a big value gain

so a win win situation for everyone

I think masternodes are a great value add to this coin.  I would recommend putting it up for a vote in the thread here say for 2-4 weeks just so everyone has an input.
cryptonit

Because of the translation, it is not easy for me to understand the depth of this idea with the masternodes ...

1. So this is a poll in the community or a decision you already made?

2. The introduction of the masternodes will reduce the security of the POS?

3. If I understand correctly, then the old investors are deprived of the opportunity to receive previously guaranteed by you % POS? At the introduction of the masternodes.

4. Earlier, you attracted investors to the community in that it is economical - do not need to keep your wallet 24/7 and get interest per annum.
People listened to you, became investors, and now you say - if you do not keep the masternode 24/7 and if you will not use any credit services, then you don't need to us.
I understood correctly?

I think the stability and guarantees of developers is the most important thing for investors. But now I see that new investors in the future may also be thrown out of the system like the old ones.
Now I see a threat to myself as an investor from the introduction of the master node. It's not like feedback, it's like compulsion.
If my conclusions are correct, then I am against the introduction of masternodes.

Cryptonit, maybe I did not understand correctly and you will clarify the situation.

legendary
try answer a few questions

masternodes would not cost but shift coinrollout
coins who activate a masternode would not compete in pos
and increase pos income of the other pos minter

there will be a balancing mechanism that reduce mn blockshare when to less coins are in pos
this way always a balance between mn and pos

mn give us service ability to offer optional anonymous transactions and zero confirm transactions
which mean we can have a small blockchain with higher blocktime

for single mn the configuration would be as easy as send 1 transaction and click one button

example of masternode coins
dash bitsend ion pivx

but we would as always guranteed keep the basic coin spec hull of max coins an coin roll out speed
from technologic part much things will change
we evaluate high secure address keys and hybrid pow pos combined with mn technology
one factum would be pos v3 to enable us to use bitcoin codebase above 0.1x

the coin rollout will be designed that active network contributors able earn even more than now with 25% pos

for people who prefer to not run mn themself or staking 24/7 we evaluate services they can use
like masternode lending or hosted nasternodes

former dmd 3.0 roadmap was plagued with delays and obstacles
this new dmd 3.0 direction could lead to a summer release so much easyer to reach
and similar if not even more positive aspects

one successfactor is also that masternode is full in trend of time as a pasive income investment form
and its possible it attract many more user and capital to dmd

yes we will lose some old users (not want running a node not willing use services)
but if they wait for the release and a few weeks after i can nearly gurantee they can leave with a big value gain

so a win win situation for everyone

Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Diamond good coin
i want to get one community feedback

how u like masternodes?
optional increased anonymity transactions?

would u like to see that stuff in DMD 3.0 ?

Masternodes is good point, but how many coins do I need for this?
Activity: 661
We only want the FACTS!

how u like masternodes?

From what I see in the wild, a PoW/PoS coin does not need MasterNodes, and the mix of PoW and PoS helps secure the network.  But there are exceptions if other services are on the network that may justify the added cost of MasterNodes.

For MasterNodes to be attractive, they take a cut of Mining and/or Staking rewards, so there needs to be an added service to justify the cost.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Over all Masternodes would be good ... but with that said to me it would come down to the new payouts?
mastenodes cost and the higher the price the more you would want for trans fee's.stakers would have pay fee's .... there should be a formula cost til ROI before there should be a informal vote.If you just staked why would you want a masternode?High Masternode price would see a uptick in coin price.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

how u like masternodes?

I do not see a necessity for anonymous transactions
   as a special feature. If masternodes are included,
   the setup should be at the press of a button.
Jump to: