Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 89. (Read 145658 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
It's not just a "chat" or a messenger service, they are providing a data stream service. And how is that a niche market? Fighting against corporate espionage by delivering privacy is a huge market.

Sure, DUSK can be part of increasing security, just like ICOs have made business processes sexy again.

However if you look at how corporate hacking and espionage has been successfully performed in the past there may be more critical issues to address such as preventing office workers from clicking on a flash video of office monkeys.

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

None of them are decentralized, hence there's always the risk of data being given to, for instance, the FBI (whatsApp).

Is that the only advantage? But Telegram also doesn't transmit data to anyone. And will also have its own cryptocurrency for payments. Therefore, you will have to compete with a very popular project.

Telegram is not really secure. they were forced to give decryption keys to the Russian government. Their encryption is also closed source.

Last year, the FSB asked Telegram to share its encryption keys and the company declined, resulting in a $14,000 fine. Today, Supreme Court Judge Alla Nazarova upheld that ruling and denied Telegram’s appeal. Telegram plans to appeal the latest ruling as well.
from https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/20/17142482/russia-orders-telegram-hand-over-user-encryption-keys

So far I can't see, that they gave keys away.
copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21
I too curious about the latest sales figures, can we have an explanation for that? How much sold in bitfinex how much in private placement, end dates etc.

I can't disclose information about how much is raised in the private sale as the terms are private but I know for a fact that the sale is coming along nicely! As for the Ethfinex sale; it will close next week.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
I hope the ico does well. Or is it over ? Too many project to keep track of.

Are there any final numbers available for the ICO?
Or are we running in different stages..
Merit: 100
The future development of DUSK Network is bright and worth investors' long-term holding. In the bull market of the encrypted money market, it is very important to find quality coins such as DUSK Network.

I do agree that dusk will have a future and I think this will be the next project that gain success and able to survive for a long period of time.

Correct! This project is one of the few projects that really makes sense which has features and improvements that most anonymous platform lacks.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
The future development of DUSK Network is bright and worth investors' long-term holding. In the bull market of the encrypted money market, it is very important to find quality coins such as DUSK Network.

I do agree that dusk will have a future and I think this will be the next project that gain success and able to survive for a long period of time.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
Ethfinex is only hosting a small part of the sale. Most is being sold in private placement.

But as I see this is only 1st round of crowdsale? So you will have another 2 crowdsale rounds on ETHfinex? Or next rounds will be selling in other way?
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
I hope the ico does well. Or is it over ? Too many project to keep track of.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Any update on total fund raised so far now? When sale end on Ethfinex?

I believe the ico lasted around a month
Activity: 310
Merit: 0

What are the reasons for Dusk to have their token sale hosted on the ETHfinex platform? It's the first project I see that is using it for their token sale.

Yes, they are first. But ETHFinex just opened this function (ICO on their exchange). They will be listed to ETHfinex and Bitfinex for free as well. So this is the reason may be.

Probably saves the costs of writing custom ICO smart contracts
Merit: 263

None of them are decentralized, hence there's always the risk of data being given to, for instance, the FBI (whatsApp).

Is that the only advantage? But Telegram also doesn't transmit data to anyone. And will also have its own cryptocurrency for payments. Therefore, you will have to compete with a very popular project.

Telegram is not really secure. they were forced to give decryption keys to the Russian government. Their encryption is also closed source.

Telegram hasn't been secure since a long time.
I'm pretty sure that on the dark web you can actually buy all that telegram data.
So it's better to use something else .
Activity: 686
Merit: 100

The application never inspired me to trust, besides being more disorganized in its layout, ends up becoming a big FUD with a lot of noise. I never understood the preference of some Icos for him
Activity: 518

That is a super niche market DUSK is targeting then. For example one that is already under authoritarian government surveillance and whose subversive communications can land them in jail. Or in fact a government or intelligence agency, to prevent spying and tampering, although I suppose they have their own communication system.

Do not get me wrong, I can see the benefit of decentralized anonymous communication in those cases, but is it a relevant feature for BitcoinTalk visitors? Are the free, centralized alternatives not good enough? And besides, there is a free, open-source, decentralized ecosystem called Matrix.

It's not just a "chat" or a messenger service, they are providing a data stream service. And how is that a niche market? Fighting against corporate espionage by delivering privacy is a huge market.
I know for sure that data security is a vulnerability in any field of activity, chat, personal correspondence or email, users would be quieter if they would be under reliable protection.
Activity: 364

That is a super niche market DUSK is targeting then. For example one that is already under authoritarian government surveillance and whose subversive communications can land them in jail. Or in fact a government or intelligence agency, to prevent spying and tampering, although I suppose they have their own communication system.

Do not get me wrong, I can see the benefit of decentralized anonymous communication in those cases, but is it a relevant feature for BitcoinTalk visitors? Are the free, centralized alternatives not good enough? And besides, there is a free, open-source, decentralized ecosystem called Matrix.

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
I too curious about the latest sales figures, can we have an explanation for that? How much sold in bitfinex how much in private placement, end dates etc.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I thought there was no data streaming involved,  i was wrong, i guess at this point it could even support a chat system as somebody suggested earlier.

How does it work the streaming, do you pay as you go with dusk coin or tokens or there is some other option?

Yes it will be "pay-as-you-go" by using our DUSK token!

There are a ton of free chat and streaming services. Some with partial or contested encryption like Whatsapp and Telegram, and others with end-to-end encryption like Apple Facetime and even Microsoft's Skype recently.

Why would anyone want to use a paid-for platform like DUSK instead?

To don't have a single pint of failure like centralized softwares that you described? Also Dusk is not for data streaming only, you can use it for that of course
Pages:
Jump to: