Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] EasyWinBuilder - The Easy Way to Build Bitcoin on Windows - page 5. (Read 50065 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
There was filename mistake in makefile file. Just check that files in mentioned folder match with library names. Mine had "-d-" in between library names in makefile, but actual files didnt have it.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
maisteri and kergecoin: check if boost compiled properly: there should be some files in boost_xxx/stage/lib 
Compare the names to the names (several times) in set_vars.bat

Success!  I just managed to compile daemon as well! Thanks!
There was simple flaw in library failname, which i didnt notice when i checked before.
Thanks for making Windows compliation a lot easyer and faster!

Which file it was for you and what error did you fix? I've checked like a hundred times the files and they look right. Even windows search agrees with my eyes!  Grin
maisteri and kergecoin: check if boost compiled properly: there should be some files in boost_xxx/stage/lib 

Success!  I just managed to compile daemon as well! Thanks!
There was simple flaw in library failname, which i didnt notice when i checked before.
Thanks for making Windows compliation a lot easyer and faster!
So you checked that filenames match? I cant do this myself as im not at my pc.
Pprobably have to install linux and do as you did. Compile daemon with linux and qt with windows.
Also maybe try 1.55 boost version before i start intalling linux. Probably gives same error.

The .dlls appear to be fine. However, I tried to compile the source on a completely different computer and this time it would not build the daemon or the qt! Also tried a completely fresh install on my main PC and had the same issue. daemon and qt won't build.

I am able to build both on Ubuntu with the same source code and all but Windows just does not like these at all it seems. I even tried to build this on a VM running Windows XP but no cigar. Is there a way to make a coin-qt.exe on Ubuntu?

qt build error goes as following:

Code:
Makefile.Release:253: recipe for target 'release/xcoin-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release/xcoin-qt.exe] Error 1

Here is a picture of the complete window when compiling the qt.

http://i.imgur.com/CcEE3Qk.png
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
There seems to be an issue that leveldb is being compiled without proper multithreading support....  maybe this is causing the crashes on litecoin and some other altcoins. I will try to find the time to take a look at it.

Hey Phelix. Any luck looking into this one?  I have tried to no avail to get a windows alt coin to run stable. The bitcoin src seems g2g.
I get a runtime on exit and also runtimes in the debug command window for example if i type "help".  Whats strange is other commands
are find get peerinfo for example as long as there are no fat fingers.

linux/mac build are rock solid.

Thanks!
Hmm... it seemed the added leveldb parameters did not make a difference when comparing the files. I will have to take a another good look but I busy with other stuff atm.
Activity: 1
There seems to be an issue that leveldb is being compiled without proper multithreading support....  maybe this is causing the crashes on litecoin and some other altcoins. I will try to find the time to take a look at it.

Hey Phelix. Any luck looking into this one?  I have tried to no avail to get a windows alt coin to run stable. The bitcoin src seems g2g.
I get a runtime on exit and also runtimes in the debug command window for example if i type "help".  Whats strange is other commands
are find get peerinfo for example as long as there are no fat fingers.

linux/mac build are rock solid.

Thanks!

OK, thanks, i will do that and report back later.
legendary
I was able to build bitcoin-qt.exe but it crashed on startup too. Anyone figured out how to fix this ?

Same. Also had trouble building the daemon but I already have it compiled on linux so it's not a big deal really.

Daemon build error
http://i.imgur.com/vgx79rN.png
xcoin-qt Windows error report
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: xcoin-qt.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 52fc386d
  Fault Module Name: libstdc++-6.dll
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ed82a4d
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000710cc
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1035
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Activity: 6
I was able to build bitcoin-qt.exe but it crashed on startup too. Anyone figured out how to fix this ?
Activity: 21
Wrong mingw version (see bold text above). Follow instructions on the command window when installing mingw or look a couple posts above. You need to uncheck "install gui".

Yeah I fixed it, but do you know how I can fix the one I just posted?

"Alright, I fixed that, but now I am running into another error when building daemon:

In file included from bignum.h:12:0,
                 from main.h:8,
                 from db.h:8,
                 from net.cpp:6:
util.h:25:29: fatal error: boost/version.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1

!!!!!! Error! Build daemon failed.
Press any key to continue . . .

What directory is boost installed in?"
legendary
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-1_54
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-1_54
d -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-1_54
d -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-1_54
d -lboost_chrono-mgw46-mt-1_54
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile.mingw:124: recipe for target 'boomcoind.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [boomcoind.exe] Error 1

Any help?
Wrong mingw version (see bold text above). Follow instructions on the command window when installing mingw or look a couple posts above. You need to uncheck "install gui".
Did you set the correct boost suffix on the .pro file?
Alright, I fixed that, but now I am running into another error when building daemon:

In file included from bignum.h:12:0,
                 from main.h:8,
                 from db.h:8,
                 from net.cpp:6:
util.h:25:29: fatal error: boost/version.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1

What directory is boost installed in?
Activity: 856
Merit: 250

Any help?

Did you set the correct boost suffix on the .pro file?

Any help?
legendary
Hello
Please sorry to hijack this thread, but could someone look at this issue? I installed the whole environment with EasyWinBuilder, but then when I want to compile one particular altcoin for someone, I am getting this strange error:

C:\altcoin>make -f Makefile.Release

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -
Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DUNICODE -DQT_GUI -DBOO
ST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHAR
ED_MUTEX_ON_WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT
_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMX
EXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include\Q
tCore" -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include" -I"src" -I"src\json
" -I"src\qt" -I"..\deps\boost" -I"..\deps\db\build_unix" -I"..\deps\ssl\include"
 -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\mkspecs\win
32-g++" -o build\bitcoin.o src\qt\bitcoin.cpp
g++.exe: error: srcqtbitcoin.cpp: No such file or directory
g++.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

This line is where the problem is:

It seems that the make system or I don't know who mangled the file path from src\qt\bitcoin.cpp to srcqtbitcoin.cpp (backslashes are removed). Please don't you know how to fix this?
Thanks very much.
could be a problem of forward/backward slashes
something is different in your altcoin than in Bitcoin
Activity: 40
Hello
Please sorry to hijack this thread, but could someone look at this issue? I installed the whole environment with EasyWinBuilder, but then when I want to compile one particular altcoin for someone, I am getting this strange error:

C:\altcoin>make -f Makefile.Release

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -
Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -DUNICODE -DQT_GUI -DBOO
ST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHAR
ED_MUTEX_ON_WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT
_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMX
EXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include\Q
tCore" -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include" -I"src" -I"src\json
" -I"src\qt" -I"..\deps\boost" -I"..\deps\db\build_unix" -I"..\deps\ssl\include"
 -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"..\Qt\4.8.5\mkspecs\win
32-g++" -o build\bitcoin.o src\qt\bitcoin.cpp
g++.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

This line is where the problem is:

It seems that the make system or I don't know who mangled the file path from src\qt\bitcoin.cpp to srcqtbitcoin.cpp (backslashes are removed). Please don't you know how to fix this?
Thanks very much.
legendary
legendary
Hi to you all, firstly I want to thanx a lot to help our 3days torturing of compiling qt  Huh
we are almost at the end of it, but our bitcoin-qt.exe wont launch, it just says "program bitcoin-qt.exe stopped working"

To make it work we had to change following first, to overcome ERROR:

I changed the set_vars.bat
@set BOOSTSUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-1_54
 to
@set BOOSTSUFFIX=-mgw48-mt-1_54

changed 46 to 48, then procces continued further and both files were created succesfully

OK so heres what we got now:
bitcoind.exe is working fine
but bitcoin-qt.exe stops as said above

any idea?

thanks a lot
you got the wrong version of mingw installed. It won't work with mingw 4.8, you need 4.6

Ok i want to try uninstall mingw 48 and after that instal mingw 46 but now i have an error on building deamon: libwinpthread-1.dll is mising

I thing the best way will be new clear windows instalation and next try to do everything again.

But i´m not sure how to install mingw 46, if i download installer, it want automaticly install mingw 48. Can you help me how to do it?

Thank you a lot :-)
on the second window of the installer you must deactivate the checkbox (as it says in the text in the cmd box)
Pages:
Jump to: