Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] EasyWinBuilder - The Easy Way to Build Bitcoin on Windows - page 8. (Read 50058 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
i'm actually tried that esterday usd with cmake gui but no luck
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
I doubt anyone's really interested, but I'll throw this out there. 

A while back I managed to get Bitcoin-Qt building using CMake and VS2010:

https://github.com/sarchar/bitcoin/tree/cmake-build

Of course, there's no documenting how to set up all the environment vars and such, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.
Activity: 24
genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!
worked perfectly with bitcoin but tried with other coins that not sha without any success
i tried litecoin also no success but when i change the bitcoin-qt.pro(from litecoin) to bitcoin-qt(that provided with the easywinbuilder) and put in same folder where litecoin source

it does compile the litecoin but the  litecoin clinet won't find any blocks and unable to connect to the network
and if i use the bitcoin-qt(from litecoin) shut at me erros
something with coincontrol.h and many other

so does this script good only for sha256?

i tried other coins no luck any one got this working with litecoin? or other not sha256?
Activity: 6
I want to test yacoin(Download:https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin), returning the following error:
Code:
PARAMS: BOOST_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-1_54 INCLUDEPATHS=" -I'../libs/boost_1_54_0' -I'.
./libs/openssl-1.0.1e/include' -I'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -I'../libs/mi
niupnpc-1.8'" LIBPATHS=" -L'../libs/boost_1_54_0/stage/lib' -L'../libs/openssl-1
.0.1e' -L'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -L'../libs/miniupnpc-1.8'" ADDITIONAL
CCFLAGS="-fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wno-unused-variable -
Wno-unused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing"
g++ -c -fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wno-unused-variable -Wn
o-unused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing -mthreads -O2 -msse2 -w -W
all -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -D_MT -DWIN32 -D
WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE
-DSTATICLIB -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I'../libs/boost_1_54_0' -I'../libs/openss
l-1.0.1e/include' -I'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -I'../libs/miniupnpc-1.8'
-o obj/net.o net.cpp
g++ -fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-u
nused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing -mthreads -O2 -msse2 -w -Wall
 -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -D_MT -DWIN32 -DWIN
32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DS
TATICLIB -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I'../libs/boost_1_54_0' -I'../libs/openssl-1
.0.1e/include' -I'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -I'../libs/miniupnpc-1.8' -Wl
,--dynamicbase -Wl,--nxcompat -o yacoind.exe -L'../libs/boost_1_54_0/stage/lib'
-L'../libs/openssl-1.0.1e' -L'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -L'../libs/miniup
npc-1.8' obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o
 obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/bloom.
o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.
o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o ob
j/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kern
el.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt_mine.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o -l boos
t_system-mgw46-mt-1_54 -l boost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-1_54 -l boost_program_option
s-mgw46-mt-1_54 -l boost_thread-mgw46-mt-1_54 -l boost_chrono-mgw46-mt-1_54 -l d
b_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -l iphlpapi -l mingwthrd -l kernel32 -l user
32 -l gdi32 -l comdlg32 -l winspool -l winmm -l shell32 -l comctl32 -l ole32 -l
oleaut32 -l uuid -l rpcrt4 -l advapi32 -l ws2_32 -l mswsock -l shlwapi
obj/scrypt_mine.o: In function `Z11scrypt_hashPKvjPjh':
D:\yacoin-master\src/scrypt_mine.cpp:101: undefined reference to `scrypt'
obj/scrypt_mine.o: In function `Z15scanhash_scryptP12CBlockHeaderjRjPvS0_h':
D:\yacoin-master\src/scrypt_mine.cpp:202: undefined reference to `scrypt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile.mingw:104: recipe for target 'yacoind.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [yacoind.exe] Error 1

!!!!!! Error! Build daemon failed.
Activity: 84

Thanks for the great tool. 

I get the popup message above when trying to install QT.

Should I ignore it and just proceed?

Thank you.  Smiley
Code:
@echo About to download Qt installer - you need to install it manually.
@echo Use default directory "C:\Qt\4.8.5". If it complains about the GCC version just ignore it.
[/quote]

;)

Thanks,  I wasn't sure if this was the same thing.  the message does not say GCC, but I wanted to be sure.

This works perfectly for bitcoin.  Very good work Smiley

But I am looking to get it to work for some other coin builds.  I don't know how busy you are.  But when I try to manually build my coins with the manual guide it get the same problem as this thread. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/help-how-to-compile-litecoin-client-03btc-donation-265323

When using you auto tool it can find the deps, and the daemon fails.  same as this post in this thread. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2841930

Incidentally the other thread starter and the post in this thread are from the same guy.   I have tried for a while now (about 30 hours) but still can't build QT of the coin Im working on which is a clone of Foocoin (now removed from github)

Maybe you can help.  Or maybe you can work with me to customise this auto builder to work with some coins i have.

I would be able to offer you 0.4 BTC.  If you can make a version that will work with my coins. 

Activity: 17
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

Thank you.  Smiley
Code:
@echo About to download Qt installer - you need to install it manually.
@echo Use default directory "C:\Qt\4.8.5". If it complains about the GCC version just ignore it.
[/quote]

;)
Activity: 84

Thank you.  Smiley
legendary
I'm trying to compile Litecoin, and got this error: 'strip: 'bitcoind.exe': No such file'

I also got an error during Qt installation saying that there was no min32api or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for terrific work!
Litecoin has it's filenames messed up so you will have to "strip" the output file yourself. In msys shell: strip litecoind.exe

What do you mean by installation? Compiling? Please paste output.
legendary
fyi: just tested with litecoin 0.8.5.1 - had to do "strip litecoind.exe" manually, everything else worked out of the box by copy/pasting the ./contrib/easywinbuilder folder.
legendary
Ya, it ended installing gcc at the end, but i failed to compile as i'm working with the latest git code and they changed the build system to autoconf, no more Makefile.mingw. I'm still trying to solve dependences with boost library when doing ./configure.
Yup, only 0.8.5 so far. Theuni is probably interested in feedback on how automake behaves on windows. If you manage to do it with the easywinbuilder scripts I would be very interested, too.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Ya, it ended installing gcc at the end, but i failed to compile as i'm working with the latest git code and they changed the build system to autoconf, no more Makefile.mingw. I'm still trying to solve dependences with boost library when doing ./configure.
legendary
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** there is no release matching gcc=4.6.*
I have yet to understand the logic behind mingw-get.exe but it also says things like that a lot when everything works...
mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** there is no release matching gcc=4.6.*
legendary
OK, things should be working again and result should be stable.  Grin
legendary
I had to install:
Code:
mingw-get install libiconv
mingw-get install libmpc
to make it work. I'm running Windows 8 with your latest 0.4 release+bitcoin 0.8.5
Cool. Is bitcoin-qt stable? It kept crashing on me at startup...

edit: be careful. I would not use this for production atm.
I had to install:
Code:
mingw-get install libiconv
mingw-get install libmpc
to make it work. I'm running Windows 8 with your latest 0.4 release+bitcoin 0.8.5
legendary
Updated to Bitcoin v0.8.5 and the current MinGW installer.

Removed the disassembly hash stuff for now because of (locale?) problems.
legendary
How do you get mingw-get to install gcc 4.6.2?

I got no option to use predefined package when I initially ran mingw-get, and trying to execute "mingw-get upgrade gcc=4.6.2.*" results in:

mingw-get: *** ERROR *** there is no release matching gcc=4.6.2.*

Cheers, Paul.
The proper installer is currently not available...

Look here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3313933
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002
How do you get mingw-get to install gcc 4.6.2?

I got no option to use predefined package when I initially ran mingw-get, and trying to execute "mingw-get upgrade gcc=4.6.2.*" results in:

mingw-get: *** ERROR *** there is no release matching gcc=4.6.2.*

Cheers, Paul.
Pages:
Jump to: