Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 99. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Milkshake
please give the sources and binaries before the start - to test this software - to make it a little bit fairer to mine it for all
The sources are already available, however, the graphics have not being changed yet, and there is no genesis block. The genesis block will be announced when the coin has officially launched. You're free to generate your own genesis block (just remove 'false ||', compile and run elacoind) and test it out.

yeah - fine - are the windows-binaries available?
Not yet. Elacoin is not formally released, this is just an announcement. Elacoin Windows binaries will be available and checksum'd for launch.

Can we offer contracts of exchange before it's even released?

Who will agree to sell me 10000 elacoins for 10 LTC total? Cheesy

*handshake agreement*

That would be a very bad deal (to the person who's selling ELC Smiley)
Activity: 70
Yeah let's get some futures going on what I assume will be denoted ELC
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
WOW SUCH COIN
Thanks for the advance notice
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
please give the sources and binaries before the start - to test this software - to make it a little bit fairer to mine it for all
The sources are already available, however, the graphics have not being changed yet, and there is no genesis block. The genesis block will be announced when the coin has officially launched. You're free to generate your own genesis block (just remove 'false ||', compile and run elacoind) and test it out.

yeah - fine - are the windows-binaries available?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Can we offer contracts of exchange before it's even released?

Who will agree to sell me 10000 elacoins for 10 LTC total? Cheesy

*handshake agreement*
Activity: 280
I hope it will live on bter and btc -e  Smiley
Milkshake
How high is the initial difficulty set? Probably any estimate you have of how high it will need to be to hit your target two minites between blocks is likely to turn out to be too low, so maybe discuss that ahead of time, it is kind of suspicious actually that you didn't even mention initial difficulty yet made vague noises about no pre-mine / early-miner type benefits (which blocks coming out much faster than the target time certainly are...)

-MarkM-
The block reward is based on the difficulty, you know. It is the same as Litecoin. Early adapters will not accumulate a mass amount of coins, as the block reward will be many factors of what they are getting during the launch.

This is why Elacoin is the most fair cryptocurrency - to everyone, the launching adapters, and to the users who come months into the cycle.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
How high is the initial difficulty set? Probably any estimate you have of how high it will need to be to hit your target two minites between blocks is likely to turn out to be too low, so maybe discuss that ahead of time, it is kind of suspicious actually that you didn't even mention initial difficulty yet made vague noises about no pre-mine / early-miner type benefits (which blocks coming out much faster than the target time certainly are...)

-MarkM-
Activity: 280
Vantacor
Some interesting changes but I'm not to sure on the increasing block rewards
Milkshake
The sources are already available no point since you need to rebuild it anyways, however, the graphics have not being changed yet, and there is no genesis block. The genesis block will be announced when the coin has officially launched. You're free to generate your own genesis block (just remove 'false ||', compile and run elacoind) and test it out.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
24 hours is too soon, make it 72 and release more info, this is very scarce
Activity: 309

Edit: please don't give the linux-user the huge start-advantage like YAC did
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
seems fair, thanks for the announcement.
Milkshake
Your currency will inflate like crazy! The very reason we love cryptos is that unlike fiat they don't inflate like crazy
But  I wish you good luck
Bitcoin may be still be great for a store of value, but Elacoin would be better for getting everyone in. People who are new to cryptocurrencies can still mine it, and merchants will be happy to accept it because people will want to spend Elacoin.

The inflation is also limited by the halving every 9 months (it's not a sudden jump through, it's a smooth decrease). Cheesy
Activity: 112
No shenanigans???

F*ck this. I'm out.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Most alt coins have a very short life, because they're not announced in advance, and the only users of it are the early adapters or the preminers. Elacoin is an open cryptocurrency based on the Scrypt hashing algorithm, with a few innovative modifications:

Elastic block reward algorithm based on the difficulty and Moore's Law
The more computational power you throw at it, the more each block will give.
The reward is halved every nine months to preserve the coin's value.

Fast Payments and Confirmations
The block target is one every 2 minutes, which is the perfect amount.
Fast enough without running into network IO limits, or bloating your hard drive.

Open to everyone. No premining, no shenanigans, announced release
Elacoin will be released within 24 hours of this message. Elacoin is not premined,
with the genesis block timestamping "Traffic from Syria Disappears from Internet".

The genesis block for Elacoin will be released within 24 hours. Get your scrypt
miners ready (a miner is included in the client), and let's use the fairest cryptocurrency

Your currency will inflate like crazy! The very reason we love cryptos is that unlike fiat they don't inflate like crazy
But  I wish you good luck
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Ah sahweet first page!
Activity: 112
Nice! I have a date with Ela tomorrow!
Activity: 70