Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] EntropyCoin [ENC] Scrypt-N - page 50. (Read 63061 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
February 23, 2014, 06:31:53 AM
aslime - your intensity looks like it might be too high for your gpu. This has nothing to do with the pool.

Please refer to the following wiki for cgminer settings: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Also, please post your address for rewards.

Thanks. I usually have the intensity set a bit lower, when I took the screenshot I was testing if increased intensity would affect the rate of HWs.  

My address: ENSCy4H2EJ2bKPtnYaWc6Z2SrEqJfCcVgK   edit: thanks!  Grin

And thanks to Moonpool for the help as well!

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 23, 2014, 06:30:02 AM
Taken from your site:

Entropycoin is a new alt coin that pays tribute to the great matemeticians and physicists of the past and present. Yes, we know that the symbol for entropy is S, but rather than use the same symbol as a very popular FIAT currency, we chose something else. Entropy is often discussed within the field of information theory as well. In that context the probability of a coin toss is often used to explain it. What better then, to make an alt coin celebrating entropy?

Back to the point, in tribute to Rudolph Clausis, originator of the concept of entropy, let's mine some Entropycoin and Get More Beard!

Lol. I appreciate the innovation of this coin and the unique concept behind it, but you really thought of making money out of it?
I don't see what is wrong with it, nice logo, nice website, people will grab on.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
February 23, 2014, 06:27:34 AM
Taken from your site:

Entropycoin is a new alt coin that pays tribute to the great matemeticians and physicists of the past and present. Yes, we know that the symbol for entropy is S, but rather than use the same symbol as a very popular FIAT currency, we chose something else. Entropy is often discussed within the field of information theory as well. In that context the probability of a coin toss is often used to explain it. What better then, to make an alt coin celebrating entropy?

Back to the point, in tribute to Rudolph Clausis, originator of the concept of entropy, let's mine some Entropycoin and Get More Beard!

Lol. I appreciate the innovation of this coin and the unique concept behind it, but you really thought of making money out of it?
Activity: 140
February 23, 2014, 06:20:24 AM
We need block explorer soon Wink.
February 23, 2014, 06:19:31 AM
aslime - your intensity looks like it might be too high for your gpu. This has nothing to do with the pool.

Please refer to the following wiki for cgminer settings: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

No, that isn't the case, these people are having completely fine configs as it is the same config they are using for other scrypt coins, its the low difficulty and the way stratum works.
Activity: 132
February 23, 2014, 06:17:20 AM

February 23, 2014, 06:12:47 AM

Wait what? Don't restart the program at all.
Every time a block is found your hashrate on the pool is reset as it is based on shares, blocks are being found pretty quickly:
http://enc.miningwith.us/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks
The shares are happening so quickly, thus the hardware errors, you resetting your miner is causing you to lose shares and get less coin, as well as throwing off the site, as its based on a average of your shares sent.
This is common for very very new coins.

Thanks again. I feel like an idiot. I just wanted to stop the Hws from accumilating.

So the following screenshot is relatively normal I hope?
Yep, completely fine, you should be seeing coin appear in your unconfirmed on the dashboard.
http://enc.miningwith.us/index.php?page=dashboard
February 23, 2014, 06:10:24 AM

Every time a block is found your hashrate on the pool is reset as it is based on shares, blocks are being found pretty quickly:
The shares are happening so quickly, thus the hardware errors, you resetting your miner is causing you to lose shares and get less coin, as well as throwing off the site, as its based on a average of your shares sent.

Thanks again. I feel like an idiot. I just wanted to stop the hw errors from accumulating.

So the following screenshot is relatively normal I hope? http://i.snag.gy/MuhFs.jpg
February 23, 2014, 06:07:46 AM

HW Errors are quite normal with the diffculty at .43 as it is right now, if you notice, you get shares INSANELY quickly. I wouldn't lower intensity at all, leave it as a normal scrypt coin config.

Thanks for the info. So every time cgminer gives me the following message:

- Accepted fed95850 Diff 8/0 GPU 0

A share is being accepted?

After I start cgminer, I get one of those every 10-20 seconds, to me that's normal. But then all of a sudden I'll get multiple every second, that's when my Hw start popping up, doesn't seem normal.

It doesn't feel right. After letting the HW errors grow up to 4500, my hashrate on the pool has dropped  from 180 khash to 60 khash.

I then try quitting cgminer and restarting it up. It'll be back to the default 1 "accepted" share message per ~20 seconds and my khash starts increasing on the pool stat page... that is until the fast shares start popping back up and screwing everything up.  

I don't understand why my hashrate should drop on the website if I'm submitting shares faster? I feel like my mining is being wasted with those HW's.

My shares on the pool page are also a lot lower if I leave it, vs restarting it every time the HW's pop up.

Restarting the program every ~3-5 minutes is quite annoying though.

The shares are happening very quickly, thus the hardware errors. You resetting your miner is causing you to lose shares and get less coin, as well as throwing off the site, as its based on a average of your shares sent.
Activity: 132
February 23, 2014, 06:06:10 AM
ShadowOfScales - Laptops need coins too!
Activity: 138
February 23, 2014, 06:02:50 AM
Looks like I'm a little late for the train.

Donations are much appreciated, pity my 200khash laptop AMD 6990m!
EbByN3uGSshJPuU2s3mwzvN5vGvLJ9L5bo
February 23, 2014, 05:52:38 AM

HW Errors are quite normal with the diffculty at .43 as it is right now, if you notice, you get shares INSANELY quickly. I wouldn't lower intensity at all, leave it as a normal scrypt coin config.

Thanks for the info. So every time cgminer gives me the following message:

- Accepted fed95850 Diff 8/0 GPU 0

A share is being accepted?

After I start cgminer, I get one of those every 10-20 seconds, to me that's normal. But then all of a sudden I'll get multiple every second, that's when my Hw start popping up, doesn't seem normal.

It doesn't feel right. After letting the HW errors grow up to 4500, my hashrate on the pool has dropped  from 180 khash to 60 khash.

I then try quitting cgminer and restarting it up. It'll be back to the default 1 "accepted" share message per ~20 seconds and my khash starts increasing on the pool stat page... that is until the fast shares start popping back up and screwing everything up.  

I don't understand why my hashrate should drop on the website if I'm submitting shares faster? I feel like my mining is being wasted with those HW's.

My shares on the pool page are also a lot lower if I leave it, vs restarting it every time the HW's pop up.

Restarting the program every ~3-5 minutes is quite annoying though.

February 23, 2014, 05:47:25 AM
Hm, HW errors normal?

Everything runs normally until after a few minutes of mining, I'll start getting "Accepted" spammed very fast, almost every second as well as the HW spiking by hundreds in a matter of seconds.

Is that normal?

I've tried lowering my intensity etc, I'm not getting these errors anywhere but here.   Should I close and restart CG miner when it starts spamming  Accepted? Should I just let it wait it out? My Hashrate on your pool dashboard drops quite a bit once the HW errors start popping up.
February 23, 2014, 05:45:57 AM
Hm, HW errors normal?

Everything runs normally until after a few minutes of mining, I'll start getting "Accepted" spammed very fast, almost every second as well as the HW spiking by hundreds in a matter of seconds.

Is that normal?

I've tried lowering my intensity etc, I'm not getting these errors anywhere but here.   Should I close and restart CG miner when it starts spamming  Accepted? Should I just let it wait it out? My Hashrate on your pool dashboard drops quite a bit once the HW errors start popping up.

I don't like the idea of leaving it on like this, generating eventually thousands of HW errors. I watching cgminer for like 20 minutes non stop and the HW errors don't seem to stop once they start. Only way to mine for me seems to be to restart cgminer once the errors start. Any other solutions?
February 23, 2014, 05:21:28 AM
That's FAST. NICE POOL INTERFACE  Cheesy

enc.miningwith.us

0% Fee Pool for Life
Come check us out!

Pool works. Already mining there but not getting much ^^

EfTcQnHrpedsVDchbAwDPgFumGapgNNMtF
First block found, it's about to pay out! Cheesy Come join us!
HW Errors are common at this low difficulty, if you are confused.
Activity: 170
February 23, 2014, 05:20:39 AM
That's FAST. NICE POOL INTERFACE  Cheesy

enc.miningwith.us

0% Fee Pool for Life
Come check us out!

Pool works. Already mining there but not getting much ^^

EfTcQnHrpedsVDchbAwDPgFumGapgNNMtF
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
February 23, 2014, 05:07:19 AM
EW8X8obMn1EVjYXe7soDijE6Zk4Rxgc1kJ

few ENC will be nice to start  Grin
Activity: 232
February 23, 2014, 05:01:45 AM
Mining it Cheesy
But need a pool

ENC: EM26wGKZydLEK8za6YGXJcHpYNcc41maZ1
Activity: 294
February 23, 2014, 05:01:22 AM
Would be nice to finally get into a giveaway Smiley

Edt5yqygxfHWLATx5tYUGXTnje5NPh2AHV
Activity: 140
February 23, 2014, 04:57:04 AM
Although, I'm have received but I'm don't mind to have some too.

EcZ72gT7MNbNt8vtixaBXrbr4PjePSLjrz

Smiley Smiley Smiley

neotox - been having giveaways all along to get everything rolling. Will have more in the next few days. Please post address.
Pages:
Jump to: