Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] EQUIBIT (EQB) 📈 A P2P Decentralized Securities Platform 📈 - page 15. (Read 30477 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Matt McKibbin talks about Equibit in the latest episode of The Bitcoin Podcast: http://thebitcoinpodcast.com/episode-112/
Activity: 104
https://www.equibitgroup.com
no bounties no party! Grin

Here's the party!  Grin

If you are in Washington DC on January 31st you are welcome to join the Equibit Launch Party!

More info: https://www.meetup.com/BitcoinDC/events/236831327/

Join EDC in celebration of the launch of the Equibit (Equibit.org) Initial Coin Offering. Held at a to-be-disclosed location in Washington D.C., attendees will enjoy hors-d’oeuvres, drinks and get to meet the executives and senior management. CEO Chris Horlacher will also be giving a talk about the promise of Equibit and its potential impact on the capital markets industry.

EDC is building Equibit, the world's first peer-to-peer equity marketplace and a complete platform for issuers to manage their investor relations without the need for depositories and transfer agents. Equibit allows issuers to use cryptocurrency tokens, called 'equibits', to authorize and disseminate their shares. It also includes a secure, P2P communications system allowing for private messages and polls to be instantly sent to individuals and groups on the network. A public component of the communications system allows for the announcement of bid/ask type messages, in the same vein as an open outcry trading pit but on a global scale. Investors can designate and revoke proxy rights with a simple click of their mouse. Equibit also includes trading passports, an ingenious way of handling the KYC issues currently faced by blockchain technology. Private issuers and investors can quickly join vetted communities on the network, gaining easy access to pools of capital and investment opportunities in an environment that maintains compliance with securities laws over exempt distributions.

EDC is also the creator of the world's first Supernode. A cryptocurrency node capable of transacting on both Bitcoin and Equibit and performing all cryptographic operations in hardware rather than software. It is certified FIPS 140-2 Level II compliant by NIST and the CSE, offering unrivaled security over private keys, and incredible speed for enterprise. Functionality is delivered through an API, making integration with existing financial applications easy.

Equibit White Paper at Cornell University: https://arxiv.org/abs/1612.06953
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
no bounties no party! Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Hi DEV!
Facebook bounties?
Twitter  bounties?
Blog     bounties?
Newsletter Subscribers bounties?

We don't have bounties for social media, translations or signatures for the moment. If things will change in the future we will make announcements.
    Very sorry!  Angry Not the right approach, but cut the money quickly, the presence of collateral ICO Bounty success!
It is really not a right step if you don't have  any bounties. Especially as ICO begins on February 1. Usually at least 50% of participants of a bounty programs later participate in ICO. This means that you lose them in case of refusal from bounties.
   DEV Equibit thinks that they are all interesting and snap up all the coins! Let's see what happens! Good luck!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
let,s see what will be ahead for us in future even after our hard effort.
1) Is your hash algorithm and reward schedule the exact same as bitcoin?

2) What difficulty will the mining start at?

3) 1mb blocksize?

Thanks for the questions, we appreciate seeing interest.

Equibit uses PoW with coins being mineable after the genesis block; yes Equibit will have the exact same schedule as Bitcoin.
First blocks will reward 50 EQB then four years later 25, then 12.5 and so on.

Initial difficulty, blocksize, etc as well as code will be released in due course. Stay tuned.  Shocked

Activity: 181
Merit: 102
1) Is your hash algorithm and reward schedule the exact same as bitcoin?

2) What difficulty will the mining start at?

3) 1mb blocksize?
Seeing this on www.reddit.com/r/ethereum

http://otc-blockchain.ch/

Seems like lots of similar platforms/competitors in the OTC space.

"Our system is based on a Private Ethereum Chain." Does not compare to Equibit at all since it's not a public ledger. It also appears to have no communications or compliance functions.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Don't be upset because there's no bounties. Not every token sale needs people to promote them.
And no it's not true that people that helps with campaigns will later possibly buy in the ICO.

I've seen token sales selling out with no bounties at all. It's all about how interesting a project or an idea is not how much it's been promoted.
My 2 cents.
How do you compare to Overstock's T0?

We don't. T0 is not a decentralized system.
Thank you for your questions, they are addressed below.

* How many people are working full-time on the project? It seems that at least two of the team members listed on the website (Brent Kievit-Kylar, working at Google, and Nathan Wosnak, President of Ubitquity LLC) also have other commitments.

Some of our team members have other commitments as specified in their profiles on our team page. However we have 2 full time co-founders Chris and Marc, Nathan is involved with Equibit on a daily basis and continues to put a lot of hours in, same for Brent he's actively involved. For devs see below.

* How many people have non-trivial contributions to the codebase of the project (i.e. are active developers)?

We have 4 developers who are contributing to our codebase, 3 full-time one part-time however even as a part-time he still continues to contribute extensively.
We will be able to disclose the code in due course.  

* Do you have an office?

Yes we have an office as described on our website but operations are currently distributed.

* How many companies do you have in the pipeline, which have agreed to issue shares on the Equibit platform?

Quite a few companies have inquired on how Equibit could suit their needs. One of them has a shareholder register with over 30,000 investors, however at this time we cannot disclose names. Stay tuned for announcements in the near future as things progress.

* When do you plan to release a development roadmap?

This is currently being worked on and we will be ready to present it shortly on our website.

* Why isn't the project open source and do you have any demonstrable evidence of the work that has been ongoing for the year since the seed round?

Development is ongoing, as you can see our GitHub is private as we are not ready to present the code until it's ready.
We are also working on a demo to show how things are progressing, we hope to be able to share soon.

* How do you arrive at the weighted average price of $6.66/coin for the ICO?

All the info is in our Terms of Sale under paragraph 3. EQB Pricing.

http://equibit.org/equibitico.pdf

The reason we went for tranches is to let the market decide what EQBs are worth.

Last, but not least: earlier in the thread someone mentioned the fact that a company, which wants to issue shares on the Equibit platform, doesn't need to buy a lot of Equibits -- they only need to buy one and can then split it into 10M pieces. IMHO, this is a huge issue, as I don't see any reason why every company wouldn't do exactly this. In light of this, how did you decide on a starting supply of 1M coins from the ICO? This would effectively mean that 1M companies can use the platform. I don't think this is a realistic expectation even in the very, very long-term and will most certainly drive the prize of Equibits down even without considering the fact that there are an additional 21 million to be mined. A genuine question related to this: how many companies are trading OTC in the world at the moment? I tried looking this up, but couldn't find any guesstimates.

Yes EQB's are divisible to 8 decimal places just like bitcoin. That being said, there are literally millions of companies worldwide that can make use of this system and many of them are going to need much more than 1 EQB. Apple has 5.3 billion shares in circulation and so just to re-create that they would need a minimum of 53 EQB... And even then a single satoshi's-worth of those shares would be $122. It's more likely that large companies would use several hundred EQB to create their issuance in order to ensure the liquidity of their company.
Seeing this on www.reddit.com/r/ethereum

http://otc-blockchain.ch/

Seems like lots of similar platforms/competitors in the OTC space.

Last, but not least: earlier in the thread someone mentioned the fact that a company, which wants to issue shares on the Equibit platform, doesn't need to buy a lot of Equibits -- they only need to buy one and can then split it into 10M pieces.

In fact they could effectively buy 0.1 EQB (or less) and split that.

To sign, is a full EQB required, or can a company sign a fraction of an EQB?
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
How do you compare to Overstock's T0?
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
A very interesting project and some thoughtful questions/answers in this thread!

I am strongly considering investing during the ICO and I have some questions of my own:

* How many people are working full-time on the project? It seems that at least two of the team members listed on the website (Brent Kievit-Kylar, working at Google, and Nathan Wosnak, President of Ubitquity LLC) also have other commitments.
* How many people have non-trivial contributions to the codebase of the project (i.e. are active developers)?
* Do you have an office?
* How many companies do you have in the pipeline, which have agreed to issue shares on the Equibit platform?
* Why isn't the project open source and do you have any demonstrable evidence of the work that has been ongoing for the year since the seed round?

Last, but not least: earlier in the thread someone mentioned the fact that a company, which wants to issue shares on the Equibit platform, doesn't need to buy a lot of Equibits -- they only need to buy one and can then split it into 10M pieces. IMHO, this is a huge issue, as I don't see any reason why every company wouldn't do exactly this. In light of this, how did you decide on a starting supply of 1M coins from the ICO? This would effectively mean that 1M companies can use the platform. I don't think this is a realistic expectation even in the very, very long-term and will most certainly drive the prize of Equibits down even without considering the fact that there are an additional 21 million to be mined. A genuine question related to this: how many companies are trading OTC in the world at the moment? I tried looking this up, but couldn't find any guesstimates.

Thanks and best!

obviously,it is not a mature solutions and it will face an embarrassing situation.
Activity: 9
A very interesting project and some thoughtful questions/answers in this thread!

I am strongly considering investing during the ICO and I have some questions of my own:

* Do you have an office?

Thanks and best!
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Hi DEV!
Facebook bounties?
Twitter  bounties?
Blog     bounties?

We don't have bounties for social media, translations or signatures for the moment. If things will change in the future we will make announcements.
    Very sorry!  Angry Not the right approach, but cut the money quickly, the presence of collateral ICO Bounty success!
It is really not a right step if you don't have  any bounties. Especially as ICO begins on February 1. Usually at least 50% of participants of a bounty programs later participate in ICO. This means that you lose them in case of refusal from bounties.
   DEV Equibit thinks that they are all interesting and snap up all the coins! Let's see what happens! Good luck!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
With such approach to work, advertizing and promotion it will be really interesting to observe the ICO. If they will collect 50-100 BTC, that's good. But probably Equibit will be next useless product.
Activity: 75
Hi DEV!
Facebook bounties?
Twitter  bounties?
Blog     bounties?

Activity: 686
Merit: 503
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Hi DEV!
Facebook bounties?
Twitter  bounties?
Blog     bounties?

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Our AMA on Reddit is starting soon!
Please join us and feel free to post your questions here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/5q4hl0/were_equibit_and_weve_built_a_blockchain_to/

Thanks for doing this. Will see if I can ask a question or two when i'm back at my PC.
Activity: 75
Hi DEV!
Facebook bounties?
Twitter  bounties?
Blog     bounties?

Pages:
Jump to: