Pages:
Author

Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌ - page 19. (Read 923806 times)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550
First I want to mention that I don't want to spread FUD but I want to let others know what to expect from this project, as for me the experience was disappointing.

OK, so here is my experience with Espers coins:

First impression was not good, when I saw you need to wait 1h+ to get a payment confirmed (10 blocks - 1 block is mined between 5 to 10 min) which is worst than Bitcoin's tx (here you need 2-3 confirms).

Second and the worst.
I bought around 40 million coins on February 06 and staked them 24h, 7 days a week for 1 month now. The interest was only 150450 coins instead of aprox. 822000 coins (27400*30 days) what should have been (10 millions/365 - supposing I am staking only the initial amount). So the interest is not 25% as the whitepaper says is much more less, around 4.5%.

After I saw this I made some digging and saw that in one year the total supply increased by only 9.3% (current supply - 1 year back supply) from POW+POS so my guess was correct, since the blocks are split 50-50 to POW-POS the POS is around 4.5% annual only.

Peace!

Good observation.  I wonder where the 25% comes from?

I tried to stake Espers about 18 months ago and it wasn't staking well  compared to many other coins.  But those many of those higher staking coins have a problem holding a team together now.  Espers is like a middle ground coin: staking might not be high but at least there seems to be more than one person behind the curtain.   I have 3 computers that only stake wallets and I can let you know some good low entry higher staking coins if you want.   Many of these are 4 or 5 years old.
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
First I want to mention that I don't want to spread FUD but I want to let others know what to expect from this project, as for me the experience was disappointing.

OK, so here is my experience with Espers coins:

First impression was not good, when I saw you need to wait 1h+ to get a payment confirmed (10 blocks - 1 block is mined between 5 to 10 min) which is worst than Bitcoin's tx (here you need 2-3 confirms).

Second and the worst.
I bought around 40 million coins on February 06 and staked them 24h, 7 days a week for 1 month now. The interest was only 150450 coins instead of aprox. 822000 coins (27400*30 days) what should have been (10 millions/365 - supposing I am staking only the initial amount). So the interest is not 25% as the whitepaper says is much more less, around 4.5%.

After I saw this I made some digging and saw that in one year the total supply increased by only 9.3% (current supply - 1 year back supply) from POW+POS so my guess was correct, since the blocks are split 50-50 to POW-POS the POS is around 4.5% annual only.

Peace!

Was not getting any connections with the latest wallet and the conf file that it installed.  Just added old nodes from a 2017 install and the ones on the website.  Now I have 17.  It may have just worked in a half hour without the added nodes.
I had an old install of Espers from around 2017 and I just downloaded the new wallet.  I'm getting a fatal error that references *bios in one line. Is there any easy fix for this or do I have to boostrap it?
Just a question for the devs. Why the core devs have changed the block spacing from 45 sec what is used to be in the past to 5 min now. I remember everything was working good back in those days and since everyone wants fast tx I wonder what is the reason of this change. And why they choose 5 min instead of 2 min for example. Now you'll need to wait almost 1h for a tx to be confirmed by the network (10 confirmations) which is worst than Bitcoin one, which is 2 confirmations mostly. Thanks in advance for your answer! If any.

Go to the discord and ask this question there. The official team in discord.

OK, I will do this asap.
I just thought that is much more easier to get some answers in here since I don't think on discord the devs have time to answer everyone questions about everything in the chat and an AMA is pretty time consuming in my opinion. And of course here is much more official. Anyway I will try to join in there, but since is a chat app, I doubt the devs will read everyone posts, but I will give it a try.

On discord developers are answering ASAP, CryptoCoderz is very friendly and is on discord regularly and will usually answer all questions quite fast.

If you decide to use discord, you can paste the answer here for everybody to see.

I will do what you suggested, but I think if CryptoCoderz wanted everybody to see the answer he could come in here and answer for all. What am I, Espers messenger?  Shocked

Hello othell_rogue,

sorry for having to wait for so long. I think you have asked a good question and I have forwarded it to CC, hope he will come back to you soon.  Smiley

OK, thank you and don't worry as I am back around so there is no rush. I think many people in here are curious regarding this dev decision to increase block spacing.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Just a question for the devs. Why the core devs have changed the block spacing from 45 sec what is used to be in the past to 5 min now. I remember everything was working good back in those days and since everyone wants fast tx I wonder what is the reason of this change. And why they choose 5 min instead of 2 min for example. Now you'll need to wait almost 1h for a tx to be confirmed by the network (10 confirmations) which is worst than Bitcoin one, which is 2 confirmations mostly. Thanks in advance for your answer! If any.

OK, I will do this asap.
I just thought that is much more easier to get some answers in here since I don't think on discord the devs have time to answer everyone questions about everything in the chat and an AMA is pretty time consuming in my opinion. And of course here is much more official. Anyway I will try to join in there, but since is a chat app, I doubt the devs will read everyone posts, but I will give it a try.

On discord developers are answering ASAP, CryptoCoderz is very friendly and is on discord regularly and will usually answer all questions quite fast.

If you decide to use discord, you can paste the answer here for everybody to see.

I will do what you suggested, but I think if CryptoCoderz wanted everybody to see the answer he could come in here and answer for all. What am I, Espers messenger?  Shocked

Hello othell_rogue,

sorry for having to wait for so long. I think you have asked a good question and I have forwarded it to CC, hope he will come back to you soon.  Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I like your project! Can you also take a look at Darb Finance? It proposes tokenization. You have a good project and could to be listed for small fee.

OK, I will do this asap.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

OK, I will do this asap.

Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Websites on the chain
how many competitors already joined this 10 million Espers giveaway?

Ask @CryptoCoinC#8888 at a discord. He organized this competition
Activity: 237
Merit: 101

OK, I will do this asap.
Websites on the chain

Websites on the chain

Websites on the chain
Let us know of there is any problem further.

For direct support please use our Discord:

https://discord.gg/hhYP8yT

Is this the 'official' Discord group? ...

ie - does Jon approve?

#crysx

Yes/This is the official link to the discord. There is a CryptoCoderz and his team and our community
https://discord.gg/QNvd729

Kool ...

Dead Invite Link. Do you have another more permanent one?

#crysx

Invitation to discord https://discord.gg/QNvd729
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

ie - does Jon approve?

#crysx

Yes/This is the official link to the discord. There is a CryptoCoderz and his team and our community

Kool ...

Dead Invite Link. Do you have another more permanent one?

#crysx
Websites on the chain

ie - does Jon approve?

#crysx

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

ie - does Jon approve?

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: