Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 222. (Read 821107 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
For the investors who will put the money on ethereum classic, please read this article maybe there are good information can be taken from there.
http://coremedia.info/blockchain-news/item/395-ethereum-classic-is-establishing-itself/
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
40GB, that is vastly inflated with spam transactions that are fixed once you redownload the whole chain.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
I downloaded parity, used parity --geth it downloaded the whole blockchain in less than 3minutes but my account is empty, the wallet address is correct but it shows 0 eth. I moved the UTC wallet file from appdata\roaming\ethereum\keystore folder to parity\keys. Why can't it see the balance ?

edit: use --chain=classic to be on the correct chain.

run
Ethereum-Wallet\resources\node\geth\geth.exe

wait.. 12GB download  Smiley

With parity it's 3GB only.

Why only 3GB? Did the development team of ETC did some blockchain pruning? That is a big difference from the real size of the blockchain which would be over 30GB by now. Everytime I ask how big the blockchain is no one gives me a straight answer. The supporters of this project maybe trying to avoid the seriousness of the issue.

40G....(( hole size of blockchain ))
I downloaded parity, used parity --geth it downloaded the whole blockchain in less than 3minutes but my account is empty, the wallet address is correct but it shows 0 eth. I moved the UTC wallet file from appdata\roaming\ethereum\keystore folder to parity\keys. Why can't it see the balance ?

run

wait.. 12GB download  Smiley

Then continue with 0 eth  Smiley

It shows full balance with 3GB blockchain, I used parity with --warp, maybe it's that.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460

run

Why only 3GB? Did the development team of ETC did some blockchain pruning? That is a big difference from the real size of the blockchain which would be over 30GB by now. Everytime I ask how big the blockchain is no one gives me a straight answer. The supporters of this project maybe trying to avoid the seriousness of the issue.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250

run

Then continue with 0 eth  Smiley

run

Activity: 364
If the ETC community would like a high speed low latency node hosted, i am able to host a supernode for ETC for 0.2 BTC / year see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-node-hosting-service-node-hostingonline-seed-regular-nodes-01-b-yr-1766796 for my node hosting service. If any in the ETC community are interested, drop me a line! I hold some ETC.

run

legendary
How large is the ETC blockchain right now and how much larger does it grow on a month by month basis? I would like to invest in this long term but I fear that the blockchain size might the ETC's biggest limitation to making it scalable.

On the topic of monetary policy, is capping of the total no. of coins mined implemented already?
Thats a very good question the block chain for ETC and ETH is so big its a pain in the ass to use a real wallet and what's ETH going to do when pos kicks in because myself and most ppl cant get the mist wallet to sync especially on windows

Both Ethereum classic and Ethereum fork do not have the critical mass of users that bitcoin has yet but both networks have blockchains that are so large it would be hard for it to become decentralized. How much does it cost to run an Ethereum node these days?
Is it not possible to direct where the wallet saves the data?

Everything goes to drive C and this is bad as it spends unneeded space on my ssd
Would it be possible to implement this both in the portfolio etc as eth?
Activity: 595
Merit: 251
Quick question:

ETC will switch to POS? If so when and how?
thx
18 days I synced the blockchain with ethereum wallet 0.9.1, now it doesn't connect to any nodes anymore, I deleted the blockchain, then nodes and nothing, simply cannot see any nodes anymore. Is that wallet client dead ? Do I need to switch to jaxx if I don't want a browser wallet ?
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Can't read anywher about the Dapps that should be produced on the ETC chain?

All I see is promises about long term bulltrend and so on, and the Etherum Classic trust fund of Barry, will be a $150 million dollar investment fund. Barry have previous success in a BTC investment fund, so ETC could definetly enjoy this and it could be a game changer.

However, the price didn't pump because of this news.

Chandler Guo and Barry Sillbert sure do have something they are working on that they have not put on twitter. So for anyone reading this, Yes, I do recomend buying ETC! It will probably go to a new ATH soon this year, maybe in a few months, quote me if I Am wrong.

ETC have all the advantages infront of ETH. Listed by many exchanges, liked by the guys in china, trading volume stable, network hashrate growing everyday (more people switch over to mine ETC as its more profitable), investment trust fund etc...
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
How large is the ETC blockchain right now and how much larger does it grow on a month by month basis? I would like to invest in this long term but I fear that the blockchain size might the ETC's biggest limitation to making it scalable.

On the topic of monetary policy, is capping of the total no. of coins mined implemented already?
Thats a very good question the block chain for ETC and ETH is so big its a pain in the ass to use a real wallet and what's ETH going to do when pos kicks in because myself and most ppl cant get the mist wallet to sync especially on windows
legendary

The wallet etc will not receive updates?
I stayed a while without opening and did not want to connect I had to delete the chaindata folder
Now you're downloading everything again
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Fired today my Ethereum Classic Mist  Wallet (Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-1) and it is stuck at Downloading block 2,527,063 of 3,042,058 for 24 hours.. no progress.

Is there any other wallet where I can import the mist keys!
Thanks

48 hours and no progress.. still stuck at block 2,527,063.

Can anyone help pls???

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I had the mist wallet open for 72 hours to see if it made progress past block 2,527,063 but no progress was made.  I closed and opened the wallet every 24 hours but there was no progress either.
Now I have downloaded the new wallet (0.9.1 (Pre Release)) but it gives a network error and does not download anything.

So basically Mist Wallet IS USELESS!  Does any one have any suggestions?  Can I import the mist wallet keys to any other wallet?

Thanks for you help.

u can use parity or etherwallet or classicetherwallet
https://github.com/ethereumproject/parity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/etherwallet
https://classicetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet

https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
Fired today my Ethereum Classic Mist  Wallet (Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-1) and it is stuck at Downloading block 2,527,063 of 3,042,058 for 24 hours.. no progress.

Is there any other wallet where I can import the mist keys!
Thanks

48 hours and no progress.. still stuck at block 2,527,063.

Can anyone help pls???

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I had the mist wallet open for 72 hours to see if it made progress past block 2,527,063 but no progress was made.  I closed and opened the wallet every 24 hours but there was no progress either.
Now I have downloaded the new wallet (0.9.1 (Pre Release)) but it gives a network error and does not download anything.

So basically Mist Wallet IS USELESS!  Does any one have any suggestions?  Can I import the mist wallet keys to any other wallet?

Thanks for you help.
Jump to: