Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 219. (Read 821107 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
https://grayscale.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Grayscale-Ethereum-Classic-Investment-Thesis-March-2017.pdf

This was released today. Someone is launching an ETC based ETF very very soon (like next week soon) and this is their investor summary thing. Glad I held on to my ETC, things are looking up.

Into the Ether with Ethereum Classic
The Store-of-Value Commodity to Power the Internet of Things
Today,  there  remain  two  versions  of  Ethereum,  each  with  nearly  identical  potential  real-world applications, but critical differences in their governance, economic, and development structures. We believe  that  Ethereum  Classic  and  ETC  offer  a  more  attractive  long-term  investment  opportunity versus Ethereum and ETH as a self-sustainable system with advantages along three dimensions. 

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@Blazin888888. Yes the move to give IOHK 20% of the mining rewards is questionable. But if you think about it well, the IOHK development team has been working a lot on ETC. There is a saying "always something for something, never something for nothing". It is only fair that they get a piece of the pie.
legendary

2017 seems to be the year decentralized digital currencies are getting a push into the mainstream investment sector, and it’s not just Bitcoin. Ethereum Classic, not Ethereum, will be the next digital currency to gain a mainstream private investment fund.
In a somewhat of a mainstream market coup, Ethereum Classic, or ETC, has garnered some mainstream demand, according to Barry Silbert of the Digital Currency Group (DCG).
DCG has an ownership interest in Bitcoin site coindesk.com and U.S. investment firm Grayscale Investments who is responsible for this investment product offering.
“As investors have grown more interested in digital currency as an asset class, we’ve also seen growing frustration with the difficulty in purchasing non-bitcoin digital currencies,” Silbert told Reuters.

That is old news and it did not make a real impact on the price of ETC. But it is good to know that there are big long term plans for Ethereum classic other than development. Marketing will soon be the next step to take the platform on another level.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
I like ETC better than ETH and i've heard somewhere that it's going to have a limited supply soon. Is it true?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

2017 seems to be the year decentralized digital currencies are getting a push into the mainstream investment sector, and it’s not just Bitcoin. Ethereum Classic, not Ethereum, will be the next digital currency to gain a mainstream private investment fund.
In a somewhat of a mainstream market coup, Ethereum Classic, or ETC, has garnered some mainstream demand, according to Barry Silbert of the Digital Currency Group (DCG).
DCG has an ownership interest in Bitcoin site coindesk.com and U.S. investment firm Grayscale Investments who is responsible for this investment product offering.
“As investors have grown more interested in digital currency as an asset class, we’ve also seen growing frustration with the difficulty in purchasing non-bitcoin digital currencies,” Silbert told Reuters.
legendary
@bitfish. Well it is expected that some will also transfer their hashing power to other cryptocoins but it is also expected that others will start mining ETC also. Where else would they go with their ETH miners? I think some have built miners specifically optimized for Dagger Hashimoto.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.
Do they not realize that after Ethereum fork switches to Casper they miners from there will all transfer to Ethereum classic? Of course they will need the incentives to make ETC more attractive for them.

Is at that moment ETC the only other coin remaining to be mined or are there also other (possibly more profitable) coins available?

"Reality distortion field fully activated?"
"Eye Eye, Captain!"   

Wink
legendary

I do not understand what the writer of that article is trying to say. He says that there is a clear lack of leadership in ETC but then he would mention that there is a dictatorship going on if someone like Barry Silbert or Charles Hoskinson is trying to take the platform in a new direction. It is clear the writer is trying to discredit ETC and there is no pleasing him. Avoid all his biased opinions.

He's a desperate ethf bag holder is all

He could also be in the payroll of the Ethereum Fork Foundation. There are also trolls who criticize the new monetary policy of making the hard cap of ETC to 210 to 230 million. Do they not realize that after Ethereum fork switches to Casper the miners from there will all transfer to Ethereum classic? Of course they will need the incentives to make ETC more attractive for them.
legendary

I do not understand what the writer of that article is trying to say. He says that there is a clear lack of leadership in ETC but then he would mention that there is a dictatorship going on if someone like Barry Silbert or Charles Hoskinson is trying to take the platform in a new direction. It is clear the writer is trying to discredit ETC and there is no pleasing him. Avoid all his biased opinions.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
DOMAIN SALE for Ethereum Classic >> bitcoinwallet.id + ethereumwallet.id + litecoin.id + ethereumclassic.id + bitxapo.com + x24kgold.com[PM please!!]
1 PRICE for ALL

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Where can i find differences between eth and etc?

I'm interested too. It's been while since the ETC/DAO nightmare event. What's current gap in between ETH and ETC?  Wink

Anywhere informative ?

The best information is here https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Where can i find differences between eth and etc?

I'm interested too. It's been while since the ETC/DAO nightmare event. What's current gap in between ETH and ETC?  Wink

Anywhere informative ?
There are some place for take the informations about ETH and ETC on tweeter, reddit, and on official site the coins. Because we are on bitcointalk so the best source informations of course on announcement thread ETC on here and on announcement thread ETH  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.12880 . The comunity of coins will gives updating informations about the coins and remember Do not fight.  Cheesy
Jump to: